Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Tyre dressing?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Devon
    Name
    Michael
    Posts
    128

    Default Tyre dressing?

    Any recommendations for the best tyre dressing to use on my 488

    I'd prefer a gel rather than a spray so it doesn't go everywhere etc...and ideally water based and no silicones....

    Any ideas?

    Regards

    Michael

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    GB
    Name
    Rob
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I would genuinely just suggest a good clean to avoid the inevitable fling of whatever you put on up the bodywork.

    If it is something you really want then I have used Meguiars spray onto a cloth and wipe on lightly and them use a clean cloth to remove any dampness.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    GB
    Name
    Rob
    Posts
    46

    Default

    A gratuitous photo of another car a few washes after the Megs use.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6930414ddf.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    mon the fish's Avatar
    mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Name
    Gordon
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    I use Infinity Wax rubber wax. It's much thicker than any other tyre dressings I've tried, and goes on like a wax. Doesn't leave as glossy a shine perhaps, but lasts longer and doesn't fling.

    If you're buying it from them, get some of their Rapid Detailer as well, probably the best drying aid I've used and leaves a nice shine

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    phillg's Avatar
    phillg is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dorset
    Name
    Phill Grimshaw
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    Try a shoe shine sponge thingy.
    Cheap and easy to use.
    Spider,or coupe? Just get one of each.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Name
    Mark Wibberley
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    I'm afraid Meguiars Endurance is a silicone-based product and does have a reputation for sling.

    I'd thoroughly recommend Race Glaze Colour Enhance, which is actually petroleum-based, like your tyres, so soaks in rather than staying on top like the silicone-based products.
    It lasts for many months, helps prevent cracking too as well as maintaining the original matte finish of tyres, though you can buff it for a shinier finish if you wish.

    My bottle is about 6 years old, you need very little.

    http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-...trim-dressing/

  7. #7
    mon the fish's Avatar
    mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Name
    Gordon
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    I'm afraid Meguiars Endurance is a silicone-based product and does have a reputation for sling.

    I'd thoroughly recommend Race Glaze Colour Enhance, which is actually petroleum-based, like your tyres, so soaks in rather than staying on top like the silicone-based products.
    It lasts for many months, helps prevent cracking too as well as maintaining the original matte finish of tyres, though you can buff it for a shinier finish if you wish.

    My bottle is about 6 years old, you need very little.

    http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-...trim-dressing/
    Mark - is that what you would recommend for plastic trim as well? With 2 Minis in the house, I'm always on the lookout for the best thing for the black trim

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Devon
    Name
    Michael
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    I'm afraid Meguiars Endurance is a silicone-based product and does have a reputation for sling.

    I'd thoroughly recommend Race Glaze Colour Enhance, which is actually petroleum-based, like your tyres, so soaks in rather than staying on top like the silicone-based products.
    It lasts for many months, helps prevent cracking too as well as maintaining the original matte finish of tyres, though you can buff it for a shinier finish if you wish.

    My bottle is about 6 years old, you need very little.

    http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-...trim-dressing/
    Just ordered some

    Thanks

    Michael

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Devon
    Name
    Michael
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    I use Infinity Wax rubber wax. It's much thicker than any other tyre dressings I've tried, and goes on like a wax. Doesn't leave as glossy a shine perhaps, but lasts longer and doesn't fling.

    If you're buying it from them, get some of their Rapid Detailer as well, probably the best drying aid I've used and leaves a nice shine

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    They were out of stock...will try them next time

    Regards

    Michael

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Name
    Mark Wibberley
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Mark - is that what you would recommend for plastic trim as well? With 2 Minis in the house, I'm always on the lookout for the best thing for the black trim
    Absolutely Gordon, its brilliant for that kind of stuff. It beads like wax and brings the colour back up and stays that way.

    Thank you for your order Michael, will ship by First Class post today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wheel arch dressing
    By candellara in forum Car Cleaning and Detailing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-01-2011, 02:04 PM
  2. 355 - Dressing up the engine bay
    By cactussed in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 09:32 PM
  3. Tyre & Black bits dressing
    By Stewart in forum Car Cleaning and Detailing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-07-2008, 06:31 PM
  4. Tyre dressing??
    By sjw ferrari in forum Car Cleaning and Detailing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23-04-2006, 12:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •