Thread: 458 Colour restorer for Magnolia seats etc ??

Name
    Eddie Walsh

Default 458 Colour restorer for Magnolia seats etc ??

Hi, my 458 magnolia seat side bolsters are looking worn and I have just got some " Leather Forever " colour restorer and I must have put at least 10 coats of it on but there is definitely no colour improvement so a complete waste of time, so has anyone found a good Colour Restorer for this seat colour, Regards DM

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Try the Furniture Clinic's leather repair kits. You have to mix the exact colour from the base kit, which in your case would be cream I think; but once you've got a match it does a decent job IMO. Takes a bit of time adding the right amounts of colour to tint the base but worth putting the time in to get a perfect match

I've done the bordeaux seats in my 550 and the cream bolsters in our Cooper S and happy with the results

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Name
    Nick

I used this company on recommendation. They will need a small piece of unfaded leather normally taken from under the seat. They scan it and mix the dye accordingly. I did my whole interior though. Results were good. Worth a look.

https://www.liquidleather.com/leather-dyes-c48/dyes-c91

Name
    Eddie Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Try the Furniture Clinic's leather repair kits. You have to mix the exact colour from the base kit, which in your case would be cream I think; but once you've got a match it does a decent job IMO. Takes a bit of time adding the right amounts of colour to tint the base but worth putting the time in to get a perfect match

I've done the bordeaux seats in my 550 and the cream bolsters in our Cooper S and happy with the results

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
    Hi Mon, Thanks, I have also tried a similar kit from " Leather Forever " but still had negative results, but I will try your one, Regards DM

Name
    Eddie Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Pangea View Post
    I used this company on recommendation. They will need a small piece of unfaded leather normally taken from under the seat. They scan it and mix the dye accordingly. I did my whole interior though. Results were good. Worth a look.

https://www.liquidleather.com/leather-dyes-c48/dyes-c91
    Hi Pan, thanks, I have contacted them about their ScuffMaster so hope it works, Regards DM

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dinoman View Post
    Hi Pan, thanks, I have contacted them about their ScuffMaster so hope it works, Regards DM
    It definitely works - I have a bottle of the stuff which I use to touch up my ridiculous light crema seats so they always look perfect. Not only do they maymtch the colour exactly, they also exactly match the sheen. Really good stuff, highly recommend them.

phillg is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Phill Grimshaw

Yep,Scuff Master is a reallly good match,and the glossy clear after coat is a good finisher
    Spider,or coupe? Just get one of each.

Name
    Eddie Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by phillg View Post
    Yep,Scuff Master is a reallly good match,and the glossy clear after coat is a good finisher
    Hi All, Thanks for all the recommendations, so I cannot wait to try it out, I will let you know so again Thanks all, Regards DM

Name
    Eddie Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by dinoman View Post
    Hi All, Thanks for all the recommendations, so I cannot wait to try it out, I will let you know so again Thanks all, Regards DM
    Hi all, I just got my Gliptone Scuff master 250 Ml 27.20 Total, tried it on my seats, put 2 coats and it looks great so far so lets hope it lasts, so again Thanks fro all the help, Regards DM