Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All new cars to be speed limited

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

The all new Ferrari F9 launching in 2022.

A mid engined 800bhp supercar with a 0-60 of an incredible 2.4 seconds and a top speed of 70mph (unless its going downhill in which case its 72mph)

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    The all new Ferrari F9 launching in 2022.

A mid engined 800bhp supercar with a 0-60 of an incredible 2.4 seconds and a top speed of 70mph (unless its going downhill in which case its 72mph)
    Sounds like this will be fantastic ...... to whom do i send my deposit !!!

On second thoughts, my 10 year old Merc is good for 100+ so cant wait to wave out of the passenger window to all these new breed super-cars on the motorway come 2022

Name
    Mark

It's funny, I didn't see a an automotive career being a viable one as I suspected cars in a form I found interesting had a limited lifespan, but at the time I thought the issue would be lack of fossil fuel - I didn't see this one coming!

There’s a clever social engineering aspect to these regs as the type of (misinformed) driver who flashes other drivers for example undertaking (legitimate, safe) overtakes will not want anyone else going faster than them in any circumstance – at the moment it is pretty free and open in that respect as it’s under human control. I think the ultimate goal of these regs is pay-per-mile charging so there will come a point where older cars must be fitted with a black box, regulated in the way Thatcham approved alarms are, and at that point the older performance cars become worthless, or near to.

It's a case of enjoying the freedom whilst we can – I assume that performance cars will be worthless within ten years.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    It's a case of enjoying the freedom whilst we can Ė I assume that performance cars will be worthless within ten years.
    Hmm, very very sadly I have to agree with you Mark. I think we have a few last blasts with the 360 before I have to let my childhood dream go and the thought of that almost brings a tear to my eye. The faceless suits up there ^ want to screw everybody right down to fit their agenda and I can hardly bear it. The fossil fuels will be saved for the military (what European super army...?) whilst we will be watched and tracked in every way imaginable. Everything we do, everywhere we go, what we watch, spend, eat and how/when we communicate. We've lived through a golden age but hey, at least we have a gender-neutral marxist government to look forward to eh?

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Hmm, very very sadly I have to agree with you Mark. I think we have a few last blasts with the 360 before I have to let my childhood dream go and the thought of that almost brings a tear to my eye. The faceless suits up there ^ want to screw everybody right down to fit their agenda and I can hardly bear it. The fossil fuels will be saved for the military (what European super army...?) whilst we will be watched and tracked in every way imaginable. Everything we do, everywhere we go, what we watch, spend, eat and how/when we communicate. We've lived through a golden age but hey, at least we have a gender-neutral marxist government to look forward to eh?
    Can't disagree with any of this.

The only 'silver lining' (if it is one) is that if this all happens in 10 years down there in civilisation it'll take another few decades to filter out here to the provinces. Speed cameras are still a rarity out here in rural Lincolnshire, simply never see them. Pretty sure there's not a single one on the Lincolnshire Wolds anywhere. Any new fangled tech going down this route is unlikely to effect us out here for some time to come.

Edit: It looks like there's one on the edge of Louth which is technically on the edge of the Wolds but apparently there's none on any route between me and the coast 50 odd miles away. Of course the downside is when you get there you're in Skegness but you can't have everything…….
    Last edited by Nosevi; 03-04-2019 at 05:20 PM.

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Spread the word.... The more people that believe this the better, as I will be able to step into a classic all the sooner! Now should I get the 512BB or 512BBi??

For sure things are changing, but I doubt we will see the end of the super car anytime soon! If the Gov cant sort Brexit, it hasn't a hope in hell of sorting out cars that kill people!

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Spread the word.... The more people that believe this the better, as I will be able to step into a classic all the sooner! Now should I get the 512BB or 512BBi??

For sure things are changing, but I doubt we will see the end of the super car anytime soon! If the Gov cant sort Brexit, it hasn't a hope in hell of sorting out cars that kill people!
    For whatever reason the anti-car agenda seems to have been mobilised with great efficiency. The large automakers are currently struggling to reach hugely optimistic emissions targets, for example by 2021 the fleet average must be 95 grams of CO2per kilometre and the only way to achieve that is to hybridise most (if not all) of the range, and drop the smaller, low CC engined cars. It's all happening very quickly indeed - we are on the cusp of significant change that one way or another I see being bad for older cars simply because unlike at other times in the past there are going to too many cars that fall in to the 'older' category to be ignored.

Name
    Mark

It's already happening, see the Google City: https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-canada-218841

For some time US firms have been experimenting with behavioural monitoring to increase workforce productivity https://www.digitalethics.org/essays...rivacy-collide - behavioural monitoring is also part of the EU plans for driver safety.

I'm not one for tinfoil hat sensationalism - it's not hard to see where this is all going, it's just a question of time.

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Fortunately Toronto is only about 150,000 acres and Ontario is 266,000,000 acres. So lots of room for the rest of us

As I live on the M4 corridor and donít have a mobile signal at home, Iím
    not going to panic just yet

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    BB rather than BBi. Carbs rule!

But seriously, I know a previous owner of a BB who years later bought a BBi and was very disappointed when comparing with his earlier car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast