Boxer

Default Dealing with Ferrari

I just posted a new article on almost 2 decades of dealing with Ferrari:

https://karenable.com/dealing-with-ferrari/

Comments?

A348W is online now I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Always interesting to hear first hand experience, good and bad; so thanks for posting up.

Good to hear about Carrs; as I will likely start to take mine there soon.

As to the rest, unfortunately nothing surprises me anymore, particularly when it comes to high value items.

Whilst I think quite rightly we start to demand a higher level of professionalism and service, we can get disappointed very badly. Fairly similar in the yachting world unfortunately! Honest and competent people seem to be few and far between; and when you find them..you hang onto them!!!

So how has Ferrari world compared to McLaren an other makes you have had experience of?

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Always interesting to hear first hand experience, good and bad; so thanks for posting up.

Good to hear about Carrs; as I will likely start to take mine there soon.

As to the rest, unfortunately nothing surprises me anymore, particularly when it comes to high value items.

Whilst I think quite rightly we start to demand a higher level of professionalism and service, we can get disappointed very badly. Fairly similar in the yachting world unfortunately! Honest and competent people seem to be few and far between; and when you find them..you hang onto them!!!

So how has Ferrari world compared to McLaren an other makes you have had experience of?
    I've never had a bad experience with McLaren.

Carrs is by far the best Ferrari dealer I have done business with.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    I just posted a new article on almost 2 decades of dealing with Ferrari:

https://karenable.com/dealing-with-ferrari/

Comments?
    Great post and not surprising to me at all. In my consultancy work I undertook an international evaluation of several prestige’s car makers dealerships which involved mystery shopper roles, observation of process and experiences of a range of purchases from ‘ordinary’ models through to limited and bespoke level projects. I have a saying I have used over many years... “excluding food and lodgings, in general the more you pay for something, the worse the service.”

I won’t single Ferrari out as of all the luxury brands the main issues (from wide ranging and direct studies) are actually the dealerships.

Direct communications with the Ferrari factory have been brilliant for me for more than twenty years of ownership and by emailing directly to engineering, parts and event contacts I get most of my needs attended to. I have never bought a ‘brand’ new Ferrari and have only ever bought one from an official dealership. My local dealership are brilliant and I get a better than Indy rate for labour and parts support from them and the factory. Contrary to popular belief they have been incredibly supportive of my two current ‘modificato’ projects (V8 and V12) but I cannot ever see me buying a new tipo until sales are direct and online without the politics.

PS on my travels I have been to the dealership you mention in Houston and it was a terrible, patronising, and woeful experience with them only becoming interested in this casually dressed Brit when I showed pictures of my cars and photos with Ferrari SpA friends.

Name
    CPD

I've never had a bad experience with McLaren.

Carrs is by far the best Ferrari dealer I have done business with.
    How has your McLaren product been?
    Genuine question as we are working on a project with them now.

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    How has your McLaren product been?
    Genuine question as we are working on a project with them now.
    McLaren has been much better. Never had a bad experience with either the factory or dealers. https://karenable.com/mclarens-reliability/

Name
    CPD

McLaren has been much better. Never had a bad experience with either the factory or dealers. https://karenable.com/mclarens-reliability/
    Great post - all I will say is in the context of whole fleet data you have been very very fortunate.

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Great post - all I will say is in the context of whole fleet data you have been very very fortunate.
    My guess is regular use helps.

Name
    GQ

Interesting review. I can also vouch for Carrs, can't fault them from all aspects, sales, servicing and parts ordering, and they're almost on my doorstep!

Name
    formerly dougalthespaniel

My comment is that I always enjoy reading your articles. I had Ferraris for 10 years but have had a McLaren for the last 3. The basic issue is that I don't feel that the new Ferrari road cars are worth the hassle of trying to buy one. The Ferrari owners club is better and there are plenty of indies to look after the car, but apart from that they seem to be a couple of years behind the competition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast