Name
    Boxer

Default Supercar Ghosts

New blog on our Supercar Ghosts just posted:

https://karenable.com/supercar-ghosts/

Comments?

Name
    GQ

Just out of interest, where would the F40 sit?

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Good read and interesting thoughts on the cars

Name
    CPD

Interesting read - My first 456GT (1994) was as you also found but the Modificatio revision I had (allegedly the last RHD Manual) addressed a lot of your criticisms and is up there on my 'wish-I-still-had-it' list.

I have come to the conclusion (in my ripe old age) that I simply cannot live with cars older than the mid / late 2000's as they are just not well engineered enough for me to enjoy owning. Being time poor, I get the enthusiasm some have for tinkering and I like to do so to improve my cars or personalising them but fixing broken things is not something I want to do for a hobby as its 99% of what my work is.

F50 is a thing of intrigue to me and I think maligned by compared too much to the F40...

sweeni is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

I have long lusted for an F40, even had the pleasure of being driven around Silverstone in one some years ago, but the F50 is where my money would go if I were so fortunate. It disappoints only with its '550' nose but I could easily live with that, its just such an underrated car and quite rare.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Interesting read - My first 456GT (1994) was as you also found but the Modificatio revision I had (allegedly the last RHD Manual) addressed a lot of your criticisms and is up there on my 'wish-I-still-had-it' list.

I have come to the conclusion (in my ripe old age) that I simply cannot live with cars older than the mid / late 2000's as they are just not well engineered enough for me to enjoy owning. Being time poor, I get the enthusiasm some have for tinkering and I like to do so to improve my cars or personalising them but fixing broken things is not something I want to do for a hobby as its 99% of what my work is.

F50 is a thing of intrigue to me and I think maligned by compared too much to the F40...
    In my old age, I getting to a similar place regarding the pre 2000 cars (F40 the exception).