Thread: Clutch bearing noise on 308QV

sweeni is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

Default Clutch bearing noise on 308QV

My 308 has recently returned from a long lay up (for a respray) and I now have a noise which sounds like it is a bearing on its last legs, metal on metal binding. Not loud but there in the background. If I depress the clutch pedal it disappears.
    Any thoughts lease?
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

Name
    Will Finch

Clutch release bearing would be my guess - just had similar issue on my F430.

Name
    GQ

Just a thought but I know 308's are prone to the friction disk binding to the flywheel from the effects of corrosion if left for a period of time, ask me how I know! It might get better if you maybe use it for a few miles before stripping it out

sweeni is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    Just a thought but I know 308's are prone to the friction disk binding to the flywheel from the effects of corrosion if left for a period of time, ask me how I know! It might get better if you maybe use it for a few miles before stripping it out
    I did consider that some form of corrosion may be affecting something but Ive probably driven it around 70-80 miles now with no change. There seems to be no other ill effects that I can notice so will drive it a bit more and see if it subsides. Just waiting for a new throttle cable to arrive as the current one has long been sticky.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

Name
    GQ

Just a warning though, I had to have my flywheel surface ground as a result so if it hasn't cleared, it might be worth getting a look inside

Name
    Eddie Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by sweeni View Post
    My 308 has recently returned from a long lay up (for a respray) and I now have a noise which sounds like it is a bearing on its last legs, metal on metal binding. Not loud but there in the background. If I depress the clutch pedal it disappears.
    Any thoughts lease?
    Hi it could be the spigot shaft bearing in the back of the Crankshaft ??, Regards DM