Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montreal

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Default Montreal

What a joke

This is meant to be motor racing.

I have almost given up watching.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

I rarely watch any more, made an exception. Not sure Iíll bother next time.

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Whilst I donít support Seb and at the end of the day he was the one who cracked; that penalty was pure BS.

Since Bernie stitched us up with Sky I donít watch much anymore either .

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Whilst I donít support Seb and at the end of the day he was the one who cracked; that penalty was pure BS.

Since Bernie stitched us up with Sky I donít watch much anymore either .
    Having raced myself to a fairly decent level it looked 100% a 'racing incident' and especially given its a street circuit with no run-off in that corner where is he supposed to go? Having said that Seb once again makes an error under pressure and Hamiton had to take avoiding action or crash. A fair result for me given Hamilton clealry had him under pressure at that point and I could see the pass coming. Ferrari's straight line speed is not enough alone to win races.

As they were

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    What a joke

This is meant to be motor racing.

I have almost given up watching.
    As we wont pay for Sky I was watching the highlights until they handed him the penalty. Switching off the TV and going to bed became more appealing than watching the end of the race.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    As we wont pay for Sky I was watching the highlights until they handed him the penalty. Switching off the TV and going to bed became more appealing than watching the end of the race.
    Me neither (pay for Sky) but watched it on the news.
    Vettel should feel like a right tool today. Maybe hard done to but heíd have taken it gladly the other way round. Itís certainly not Hamiltonís fault.
    As for stomping off and then moving the position board in front of his car .

Iíve never rated him as a driver. Heís fast when out front, but useless under pressure and in the wet. Heís now also proven he can behave like a child.

Probably not a popular post on a Ferrari board

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Vettel should feel like a right tool today. Maybe hard done to but heíd have taken it gladly the other way round. Itís certainly not Hamiltonís fault.

Iíve never rated him as a driver. Heís fast when out front, but useless under pressure and in the wet. Heís now also proven he can behave like a child.

Couldn't agree more...but try posting that on FChat

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post

No, I agree changing the boards around was childish at best. To be fair, having watched it in full he went out of his way to say it wasnít Hamiltonís fault, stopping mid interview on the podium to tell the crowd not to boo Hamilton which they were doing.

At the end of the day, yes, he made a mistake under pressure but penalising a guy for unsafely rejoining a track when he had full opposite lock on, sliding across the grass and only just missing hitting the wall is nuts and not what the regulation is there for. He didnít Ďgain an advantageí by going across the grass so they couldnít get him for that and looked for something else.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

It was a racing incident nothing else. Top drivers make mistakes because they're human.
    The stewards have access to the telemetry which we don't so you have to assume they know exactly what happened, there was apparently evidence once under control he nudged the steering left? Personally if you deliberately made an 'error' you'd be less likely to complain.

The problem is and probably like football, which I never watch, the Stewards don't outwardly appear to be consistent. Hamilton did similar to Ricciardo in 2016 and nothing was done. Both Ricciardo and Hamilton agreed then it was just a racing incident.

Yes I'm a Ferrari fan and not particularly a Vettel fan (in fact as drivers go I have only really ever liked Jenson Button) but the penalty ruined an otherwise half decent race which Vettel deserved to win as much as Hamilton

A case of Mafia

Name:  IMG_1435.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  20.2 KB

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    A case of Mafia
    Name:  IMG_1435.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  20.2 KB