Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anything selling?

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    With the targa clamped in? With it out there might be but there can’t be that much ‘flex’ in a TS with the roof on or the targa would pop out. Clamp it down and it’s all pretty solid, at least it is if you’ve got the shims under the clamps right - I had to add one a side to get it fully tight. I think you’re being picky, Faisal
    My recollection yes but it was a long time ago since I owned them...more windscreen/scuttle vibration from memory. I just remember both 348 and 355 B's being much stiffer.

Still not a patch on a modern carbon tub car like a McLaren of course which are astounding but all in relative terms.

Sorry for the digression!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by amr79 View Post
    Im currently looking for a F430. The non standard black wheels would put me off for a start. Then there are sellers asking for £90k plus for cars with missing services and mileage discrepancies. I will buy one soon just watching the market.
    Red is the only colour for me and it has to be a coupe. A spider is too much of a pose and more things to fix when they go wrong.
    To be fair they’re all a bit of a pose, they can’t help themselves, and I’m not sure you’ll totally avoid the pose factor you’d get in a black 430 Spider driving about in a red Ferrari of any tipo or variant there of. The trick is not to care

Regarding the services and mileage discrepancies, I could live with a car that’s missed the odd annual, particularly at the mileage some of these cars do, but I’d run a mile from a car with mileage discrepancies. If it’s not an ‘honest’ car I wouldn’t buy it.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    My recollection yes but it was a long time ago since I owned them...more windscreen/scuttle vibration from memory. I just remember both 348 and 355 B's being much stiffer.

Still not a patch on a modern carbon tub car like a McLaren of course which are astounding but all in relative terms.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Carper View Post
    My rosso/crema F355 GTB @ 53,000 miles found a new home last week at £65k
    Does seem like cars from 308-355 to include Mondials have just started to move. As I say, it may filter out into the newer cars, at least some of those selling may be moving up the line.

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default Posing - you wouldn't buy one otherwise.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    To be fair they’re all a bit of a pose, they can’t help themselves, and I’m not sure you’ll totally avoid the pose factor you’d get in a black 430 Spider driving about in a red Ferrari of any tipo or variant there of. The trick is not to care

Regarding the services and mileage discrepancies, I could live with a car that’s missed the odd annual, particularly at the mileage some of these cars do, but I’d run a mile from a car with mileage discrepancies. If it’s not an ‘honest’ car I wouldn’t buy it.
    The F430 doesn't work for me in Red. Gangster Black all round and a lot of noise.

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I think the black 430 looks lovely...….and for someone who only wears black a great colour lol.

perhaps classics might be selling providing the price is right.....but with the world economy slowing down , Europe and Brexit - I cannot see how the modern stuff can maintain these prices...….and they are producing more and more.

I remember talking to JT once who said you just have to sit it out and wait for the car to become a classic.....and then it goes up in value - not sure 360 are there yet by a long way !

I miss my Ferrari, def going to buy another ……..prob grey again tbh

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default 15 seconds and you'll be hooked......come see........

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    I think the black 430 looks lovely...….and for someone who only wears black a great colour lol.

perhaps classics might be selling providing the price is right.....but with the world economy slowing down , Europe and Brexit - I cannot see how the modern stuff can maintain these prices...….and they are producing more and more.

I remember talking to JT once who said you just have to sit it out and wait for the car to become a classic.....and then it goes up in value - not sure 360 are there yet by a long way !

I miss my Ferrari, def going to buy another ……..prob grey again tbh
    In 2008 i drove my first Ferrari - a crazy banana yellow 360 with a sports exhaust. I knew I wanted done (not that one) within 15 seconds or less.......
    Forget grey.....black is the new black and I guarantee you'll want it after 15 seconds behind the wheel!

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJStewart View Post
    In 2008 i drove my first Ferrari - a crazy banana yellow 360 with a sports exhaust. I knew I wanted done (not that one) within 15 seconds or less.......
    Forget grey.....black is the new black and I guarantee you'll want it after 15 seconds behind the wheel!
    lol...…..I would come and look, but I really do fancy a coupe this time...…….I've had 2 430 spiders and I just fancy a change if one catches me on the right day...

does look lovely.

Name
    Amar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJStewart View Post
    Agreed ..... no other colour looks better than black on a summers evening. My last 3 cars were black. Its very difficult to keep clean though, attracts dust like a magnet. Lots of black 430’s on ATrader at the moment. Not much movement with any colour really.

Summers nearly over, I am holding off buying a red coupe till winter/early 2020. I think the prices will drop further yet.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by amr79 View Post

Summers nearly over, I am holding off buying a red coupe till winter/early 2020. I think the prices will drop further yet.
    They might if people still aren’t buying 430s. I’ve seen 2 more RHD 348s go in the last couple of weeks (well, one is deposit taken) making 6 in the last couple of months. Given there’s only 18 or so RHD 348s on Pistonheads that’s a fair chunk of the market percentage wise. That may filter up into the newer cars or it may not, time will tell. If it does I’d expect prices to level off. I doubt they’ll rebound though.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast