Thread: Will Ferrari be chasing 300mph?

Name
    Ross

Default Will Ferrari be chasing 300mph?

Bugatti have been long known now as standard setters, but with cars increasingly about figures - power, 0-60, 0-100 etc, do we think Ferrari will be aiming for a 300mph car anytime soon?

Even if not over 300mph, with the Valkyrie being 250+mph, does Ferrari need to at least match or beat the Valkyrie?

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by rossyl View Post
    Bugatti have been long known now as standard setters, but with cars increasingly about figures - power, 0-60, 0-100 etc, do we think Ferrari will be aiming for a 300mph car anytime soon?

Even if not over 300mph, with the Valkyrie being 250+mph, does Ferrari need to at least match or beat the Valkyrie?
    It's all a bit pointless IMO. I liked the Veyron when it came out as it was first and foremost an engineering tour de force.... I'd just liken them to tart's handbags now.
    Unfortunately Pagani have gone the same way...Ö.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    It's all a bit pointless IMO. I liked the Veyron when it came out as it was first and foremost an engineering tour de force.... I'd just liken them to tart's handbags now.
    Unfortunately Pagani have gone the same way...Ö.
    I think Ferrari will always be focussed on racing DNA and fiorano lap times rather than boring drag strip or straight line speed.

Like Lotus as an example their brand stands for something way more than pure numbers.

Looking at the mileages that these HyperCars tend to do they are nothing more than posing pouches for little boys who never grew up. IMO

We have had the XXXXXXX hypercar at work and itís designed engineering life means it should be able to do many many exciting miles on road and track - likely it wonít in most cases.