- preparation coat
    - 4 coats of final glaze
    - activation

Applied to paintwork, glass and wheels.

Attached Images Attached Images      

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

looks gr8, Jas Is the process easily reversed/ same as Permaguard?

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Lokks graet Jas. Hope to see it in the flesh later today .

Thanks guys

Tony, I believe they have a preparation that removes it. Can't imagine why I'd want to though

Ken, see you in an hour

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Do they spray it on or wipe it on?

Name
    Brian

I don't really understand why you would want to do this to a Ferrari. Surely it is a cherished and loved car that deserves your total commitment. You are simply paying to have somebody slap on a paint sealant and charge you the earth for it. Why? Did they prep the surface properly? Is it really contaminant and swirl free? Otherwise you'll be sealing these in too and only paying someone more money for defect removal later. Which will also remove the protection you have just paid wads for BTW.

The hype surrounding these types of products really pi$$es me off. It leads you to believe that these products double the life of your paintwork. Well any sealant would do that. And notice that they tend to give you a wonderful "4 year warranty" on new cars. Yet only half that on used cars. Only 2 years on used car? Wonder why that is? ;)

I can guarantee you that your paint will not fade in 4 years with a "normal" sealant applied at regular (6 month intervals) topped with a quality Carnauba wax. Why wouldn't a Ferrari owner want to do this? I would if I had one!!

Sorry if this upsets you but I hate to see good money chucked away!

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Quote Originally Posted by cavallo
    I don't really understand why you would want to do this to a Ferrari. Surely it is a cherished and loved car that deserves your total commitment. You are simply paying to have somebody slap on a paint sealant and charge you the earth for it. Why? Did they prep the surface properly? Is it really contaminant and swirl free? Otherwise you'll be sealing these in too and only paying someone more money for defect removal later. Which will also remove the protection you have just paid wads for BTW.

The hype surrounding these types of products really pi$$es me off. It leads you to believe that these products double the life of your paintwork. Well any sealant would do that. And notice that they tend to give you a wonderful "4 year warranty" on new cars. Yet only half that on used cars. Only 2 years on used car? Wonder why that is? ;)

I can guarantee you that your paint will not fade in 4 years with a "normal" sealant applied at regular (6 month intervals) topped with a quality Carnauba wax. Why wouldn't a Ferrari owner want to do this? I would if I had one!!

Sorry if this upsets you but I hate to see good money chucked away!

Brian,that is exactly what i do on mine.Bilt Hamber sealant,Harley wax = excellent results...

Saying that,if a had a much more expensive Ferrari and more money,i would go the route that others go...

You pays your money etc etc.
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by fractiousgit
    Brian,that is exactly what i do on mine.Bilt Hamber sealant,Harley wax = excellent results...

Saying that,if a had a much more expensive Ferrari and more money,i would go the route that others go...

You pays your money etc etc.
    Harly wax gets some great reviews. It's good stuff. I'm a Zymol man myself but have a considerable collection of others too. I wouldn't bother with a sealant during the summer myself as Harly and other good waxes have great durability and UV protection built in. That is provided you are prepared to re-wax every 4 weeks. Personally if I had a Ferrari I'd wax it every 2 weeks!

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Harly wax gets some great reviews. It's good stuff. I'm a Zymol man myself but have a considerable collection of others too. I wouldn't bother with a sealant during the summer myself as Harly and other good waxes have great durability and UV protection built in. That is provided you are prepared to re-wax every 4 weeks. Personally if I had a Ferrari I'd wax it every 2 weeks!
    So irregularly.......

Theraputic after work chill out for me,pretty bloody sad really i know...

T`is my pride and joy though.
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Personally if I had a Ferrari I'd wax it every 2 weeks!
    Some people don't like waxing which is why they choose a sealant. I like doing it myself but many people don't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast