Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does this irritate me?

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Default Why does this irritate me?

I have no idea why this sort of thing hacks me off, really shouldn't do, I don't need one. On a relatively unrelated search I bumper into this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuin...item43bc156913

Why does it hack me off? Because new this part cost 40 once you've added VAT, so why does this chap think he can sell one that looks far from new (in fact the reciept has Maranelo Concessionaries on it!) for 110 and thus reinforce the belief that Ferrari parts all cost completely daft prices. It was fairly daft at 34 plus VAT, but 110? Really?!?

Right, mini rant over. Just hope some unsuspecting newbie (and I mean more of a newbie than me) doesn't buy it.

Name
    Jonathan Griffiths

Just asked the seller why he thinks its worth 110 - lets see if he sends me a reply.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Why does it hack me off? ....
    Because you need to get out more?

No one's forcing anyone to buy it. Anyone looking for that specific part will be unlikely not to know what they cost. So it's either worth that amount or it won't sell.

And if it does sell for that amount, the value of all your 348s has just doubled

Hud is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post

No one's forcing anyone to buy it. Anyone looking for that specific part will be unlikely not to know what they cost. So it's either worth that amount or it won't sell.

And if it does sell for that amount, the value of all your 348s has just doubled

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post

I have got out more, Murph, was just passing through

The reason why I said "why does this hack me off" is because I acknowledge it really shouldn't do. If I wanted one and couldn't find one elsewhere it might but that's not the case so what do I care? I guess I'm not a great fan of people trying to con others.

I had a discussion not so long ago with a chap on Fchat who was in the States. He was selling enamel wing shields for $160. The thing is they were clearly the ones you can buy from India for about $30 and he was using the forum to sell them. I had hi res images of 'his' shields and the Indian ones and they were identical right down to every minute mistake in the detail. He said I was talking rubbish right up to when I posted a side by side comparison then he flatly refused to say where they were being made and buggered off. He still sells them through ebay but departed the forum as far as I know.

Why did I care though, I had a different type anyway? Don't know Murph, just pissed me off. Personality defect I guess.

p.s. Will take the moral high ground and ignore the comment about 348 prices ......

Name
    Greg

You could always buy these HT leads at a bargain price to make you feel better

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IGNITION-L...item2ec0da7e5b

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You could always buy these HT leads at a bargain price to make you feel better

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IGNITION-L...item2ec0da7e5b
    ...... At least postage is free. Oh, that's alright then .......

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

I like this one.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FE...item4ac4cbb7a7

Particularly the "So if you want them, its a 1000. Lets face it if you own a ferrari thats a drop in the ocean".

Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    ...... At least postage is free. Oh, that's alright then .......
    The issue with stuff like this, is that if you have had a few drinks you might misplace the decimal point and think you have got a bargain...

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    I like this one.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FE...item4ac4cbb7a7

Particularly the "So if you want them, its a 1000. Lets face it if you own a ferrari thats a drop in the ocean".
    Clearly not talking about a 348, hey Murph?

Damnit, there goes the moral high ground ......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast