PDA

View Full Version : Steve f unbanned!

F328GTS
02-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Per Nob Lay

I had a Ferrari Club event at lunch, so didn't do FerrariChat.com work like I usually do at lunch. I haven't checked emails since this morning, so don't know if Steve has replied or not. Please communicate to him I will create a new thread and stick it for us to talk in public. I will unban him right now. The thread will contain some expected rules of conduct that I think Steve and I can live with, if not, then that is the first thing he can post. d

F328GTS
02-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Steve & Rob "Public Discussion" Thread...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I requested to others and to Steve by email I wanted to start discussions. I have yet to hear from Steve, but Steve has agreed to have discussions if in public.

I have agreed to this, unbanned Steve, and created this thread for our public discussion.

I think Steve, I, and others should agree to some ground rules…

This thread is only meant to discuss our personal issues. Other users shouldn't get involved.
This conversation is personal and should be held to personal conversation standards, not public standard rules of FerrariChat.com.
Steve is unbanned just to participate in this thread, as I've said, hopefully things are worked out and we move on. If not, Steve may still be subject to continue his predefined ban.

Agree Steve to the above or anything you would like to add? I will make the first post shortly.

Thanks,
nob

:popcorn:

F355GTS
02-11-2005, 10:23 PM
undeniably the olive branch is out

tonyh
02-11-2005, 10:27 PM
This is actually a very good opportunity to clear the air. RL's been forced by our exodus to make the 1st move, something i didn't expect. Fair play to him.

Barabus
02-11-2005, 10:58 PM
This is actually a very good opportunity to clear the air. RL's been forced by our exodus to make the 1st move, something i didn't expect. Fair play to him.

I think steve should keep him dangling a while:shocked:

steve f
02-11-2005, 10:59 PM
okey boys & [nicola] what happens next he is backing down a little bit now do i sort it or leave it are we all happy here or does anybody want to go back to play under robs rules ????????????????

ferrari-spider
02-11-2005, 11:00 PM
From my point of veiw i dont give a stuff about Nob Lays olive branch. The guy reckonds that he is ready to talk about Steve on public forum WTF:mad: We sould be talking about his narsistic typical bloody yank atitude towards his paying custumers. And what are the betting that if the ****** does not like what anyone saying, he will get all internet warrior like saying how he stands for no siht and ban them.
Na, its a pitty that i cant talk to the butt wipe face to face, then as always the tone changes in the real world away from the key board. Hey dont blame me for how i am, he is the one who is putting war words on the bottom of his posts. Brutal?? He could not handel brutal like alot of internet warriors, you have the world of the net and the real world that i have pointed out to the **** Lay before when he was using war words. It realy realy p155es me of.
Stevef why would you even want to talk to the ****? Alot of people have left the site in support of you and all IMO would look pretty stupid if they all went back to F.**** cap in hands. Becourse lets face it Nob Lay reckonds he never backs down, well not on the net anyway....but whats new.
Lets just carry on and build this forum into somthing great and dont entertain Nob Lay no longer just so he can just tell you yet again what a hard brutal Texan he is........I laugh....the ****.
MB:As you may be sensing contempt from me towards the ****, equally i sense contempt from him with his every word in every post.

A308 MAN
02-11-2005, 11:02 PM
content here, but many thanks for your concern.
kindest regards,
david

Ravi 355
02-11-2005, 11:03 PM

Thats a fair comment Tony, but from what I am quickly gathering he has basiclly pulled Steve's trousers down in public because he feels like it and can.

If you wre in Steve's position would you want to go back?

tonyh
02-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Thats a fair comment Tony, but from what I am quickly gathering he has basiclly pulled Steve's trousers down in public because he feels like it and can.

If you wre in Steve's position would you want to go back?

I shd've waited before posting. He's bringing up all the old stuff .

ferrari-spider
02-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Exactly!!

rmdferrari
02-11-2005, 11:08 PM
okey boys & [nicola] what happens next he is backing down a little bit now do i sort it or leave it are we all happy here or does anybody want to go back to play under robs rules ????????????????

Think it would be morally wrong to jump from here even if there were some who wanted to. Angelis, LeeP, TonyH and various others have done a ton of work to get us to this place that looks and feels like our previous home.

As Stigfusious's banner says: "It's best to build bridges than burn 'em" (or sumit like that). The Knobs previous "toys out of pram" episode was only a few months back if you remember, so when's the next? I don't trust the guy to act in a decant and professional manner in future.

I say, stay here but use f-chat as a source of info and to atract those of a "non-lay" attitude to this place.

Ravi 355
02-11-2005, 11:08 PM
TBH it appears that all the guys who got involved in the banter that keeps me entertained are here now.

So long live XFCHAT

ferrari-spider
02-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Think it would be morally wrong to jump from here even if there were some who wanted to. Angelis, LeeP, TonyH and various others have done a ton of work to get us to this place that looks and feels like our previous home.

As Stigfusious's banner says: "It's best to build bridges than burn 'em" (or sumit like that). The Knobs previous "toys out of pram" episode was only a few months back if you remember, so when's the next? I don't trust the guy to act in a decant and professional manner in future.

I say, stay here but use f-chat as a source of info and to atract those of a "non-lay" attitude to this place.I agree, there has been alot of hard work to set this site up. And i say **** building bridges with that Texan ********. I am sick to death of the UK being the Yanks whipping boy. We can stand alone like we always bloody do.

stimo
02-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Sreve, i reckon you go talk to him in his rubbish little post. tell the truth be honest and lets see what other insults he can call us and also see if his hole he has dug can get so big we can bury him in it.

i aint going back to his bollox, the man is an idiot, he has no brain and i prefer this site anyway !!!

F328GTS
02-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Sreve, i reckon you go talk to him in his rubbish little post. tell the truth be honest and lets see what other insults he can call us and also see if his hole he has dug can get so big we can bury him in it.

i aint going back to his bollox, the man is an idiot, he has no brain and i prefer this site anyway !!!
I agree with you Chris. Go talk to him Steve, see if he can get him to apologise for all the name calling and admit he acted like a total nob.

Steve L
02-11-2005, 11:23 PM
After all the effort that has gone on in getting everyone to sign up here, what a shame it would be to go back and does show a certain spineless attitude. I'm finding it no diffrent here than in Fchat except for 'warmth' amongst its members.

This site has a great ground base of members/enthusiasts which should be built on. Fchat can still be used as a tool (run by a tool:mad: ) but the real social banter is here.

I feel more at home here already than what i did on Fchat and will be really peeved, after all whats been said, if you all decide to go back.

Stevef...tell him where to stick it mate

F1RGY
02-11-2005, 11:24 PM

I cant believe Steve you are a even thinking of talking to this tosser (if you are) I for one wont go back on F/Chat I think all the hard work and support this site and Alberts before speaks for itself we have something good here of our own we dont need that ****** in my view Lets just forget F whatever its name is and move on

RAY:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ferrari-spider
02-11-2005, 11:28 PM
An apology from Nob Lay= A pat on the head of the UK forum by the Texan master. And then we all rollover panting showing our bellys. Mmmm that makes sense....not.

400SPYDER
02-11-2005, 11:33 PM
As many are indicating Steve we should certainly not consider going back en mass to Fchat as our site of choice.

However many are also indicating that there are a number of things which they will still use Fchat for - again I have no problem with this - albeit I would rather do it on the back of some sort of apology from Rob to Steve, than none at all.

To still use Fchat without any climb down from RL is too hypocritical for words. And last but certainly not least let us not forget our old mate Stigs position in all this.

Therefore I think Steve should set his stall out very slowly and carefully and see what transpires - if nothing else it can be seen as akin to Texas Bear Taunting :laugh: :laugh: :grin: :grin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rmdferrari
02-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I agree, there has been alot of hard work to set this site up. And i say **** building bridges with that Texan ********. I am sick to death of the UK being the Yanks whipping boy. We can stand alone like we always bloody do.

Chaa, I am not for one moment suggesting building bridges with the Knob, he is the kinda twerp that just makes your palms itch to be in the same room...alone. I refer to not severing all contact with f-chat so we can utilise all the resources and info there.

F328GTS
02-11-2005, 11:38 PM
An apology from Nob Lay= A pat on the head of the UK forum by the Texan master. And then we all rollover panting showing our bellys. Mmmm that makes sense....not.
Chaa mate, I am also not suggesting we go back there after the way he has treated us all, but it would be good to get Nob to back down so we can at least claim a moral victory.

Barabus
02-11-2005, 11:39 PM
I think we are all getting a bit carried away with Nob Spray, true he's an asshole of the highest order and a sanctimonious self centred egotistacal son of a bitch, BUT HE is the problem, NOT fchat, that was good was it not? I am in two minds as to weather steve should answer him or just leave the **** dangling?????

F1RGY
02-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Chaa, I am not for one moment suggesting building bridges with the Knob, he is the kinda twerp that just makes your palms itch to be in the same room...alone. I refer to not severing all contact with f-chat so we can utilise all the resources and info there.

Think thats a bit of a cop out myself As for Stig great bloke but at the end of the day he has the same choice as us i think :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

A308 MAN
Maybe it's time to calm down boys .... i know steve well enough to understand that beneath that, fat, lazy, useless, boring, baldy old fart, lies a man who has both pride and principles.
Maybe steve just wants to put the record straight, bury the personal hatchet, and move on.
Whether we return to fchat, en masse, or not, is not the issue here.
Let's just let steve get things sorted in his unique, but rather blunt manner.
I am sure it will prove highly entertaining.
cheers, d

ferrari-spider
I have never said that it would not be good to use F.**** atall. In fact i posted two days ago that the site is a good source of imfo. But the way i see it we have paid for that with our subsriptions. But all said and done we can get any of the imfo on there from any were. Nob Lay can kiss my back side and even bloody ban me becourse if i want to go on the site for anything he cant stop me what so ever, and he can still kiss my back side.

F328GTS
02-11-2005, 11:41 PM
I think we are all getting a bit carried away with Nob Spray, true he's an asshole of the highest order and a sanctimonious self centred egotistacal son of a bitch, BUT HE is the problem, NOT fchat, that was good was it not? I am in two minds as to weather steve should answer him or just leave the **** dangling?????
Go read Steve's reply, absolute QUALITY!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

400SPYDER
02-11-2005, 11:41 PM

Well he answered him as only stevef could :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

400SPYDER
02-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Go read Steve's reply, absolute QUALITY!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How bizarre is that Nige we used the exact same smilies :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Barabus
02-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Well he answered him as only stevef could :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just as I thought Kev, kept him dangling:wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

Steves never gone to bed this early either:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ferrari-spider
02-11-2005, 11:47 PM
I bet he is sat on the bog now typing his morning responce. Stevef has my backing in what ever he is going to do, but i under no conditions will be leaving this home.

spidermanUK
02-11-2005, 11:48 PM
That is genuinely the biggest "laugh out loud" I've ever made!

TOP, TOP quality:thumbsup: :grin: :rofl:

rmdferrari
02-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Think thats a bit of a cop out myself As for Stig great bloke but at the end of the day he has the same choice as us i think :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Best of both worlds, not cop out was my thought.

A308 MAN
02-11-2005, 11:51 PM
come on boys .... all i ask, is just a little credit, regarding the latest "stitch up".
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135330599&postcount=29

"light the blue touch paper, and stand well clear"

Barabus
02-11-2005, 11:52 PM
come on boys .... all i ask, is just a little credit, regarding the latest "stitch up".

Yes very well done old man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MR 51 AMB
02-11-2005, 11:55 PM

Very well done. I'm very proud

ferrari-spider
02-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok heres a little credit mate .:thumbsup:

A308 MAN
02-11-2005, 11:59 PM
calm down, it was only a joke.

eleven bells ... time for bed.
can't wait for breakfast.
cheers, d

Jas
03-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Steve,

It's not for us to tell you how to respond....and you've done well so far :D It's your call.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone else,

Don't forget what happened here. Steve's ban was one thing, but not I beleive the cause of all this, or our walkout. Steve was an excuse that Rob used to initiate hostilities....to declare war on the UK section, or in his eyes on it's undesirable elements......and damn the collateral damage.

Irrespective of what Steve and Rob discuss, our issue is bigger than that. He has insulted us all.

Rob owes the UK section an unreserved apology. End of story.

Then we can talk/vote/whatever.

All IMHO of course :)

Jas

ferrari-spider
03-11-2005, 12:07 AM
calm down, it was only a joke.

cheers, d????

Angelis
03-11-2005, 12:12 AM
????

"calm down, it was only a joke.

cheers, d"

Translation for Chaa....

"Take it easy mo fo, it was only a wind up.

**** me it's 11 o'clock, got to get my ass in the sack,
Can't be bothered to wait for another of that mo fo steve's brekkie pics.
Ciao, the Dude signing off"

ferrari-spider
03-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Yea!! thanks little man:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hazy
03-11-2005, 12:36 AM
awww, f**k it guys, I told you lot not to post.... I pack me case and get a beer in and all this kicks off. B0ll0x.

OK. 1st I cannot even believe some of ya are even considering going anywhere else FFS. WHAT is the matter with you??????????? Can you not feel the good vibes on here dudes. Regardless of the Fchat outcome I am stopping here, fulllstop. I hope SteveF pulls that c**t to bits, Steve has more brains in one bo**ock that that t**t has in his head.

2nd.I have been itching to have a good go at him, but for the good of this site and at the request of good mates I have'nt, that is no bull, lets throw the miserable little f**k to the lions. He banned Steve for very little and me for f**k all, and he thourghly insulted all of us, do not forget this dudes.

3rd.Bar room brawlers?? He aint seen nothing yet. My time (and others) will come.

I hope to god NONE of you dudes bottle it and go back whilst I am away, too many people have worked hard to get our new home, lets respect that and give them our suppoert with our keyboards. Sort the f**ker Steve and all stop here for gods sake

GrahamS
03-11-2005, 01:26 AM
This quickly became so much more than SteveF's ban. Unbanning him does not change a thing.

He still breaks all of his own rules, makes up new ones on the fly to suit himself, won't listen to reason, expects everybody to kiss his ass, pisses off his sponsors (including his biggest one), just copies and pastes the same reply to every argument and never actually appears to read the text, has no respect for us, insulted us as individuals and as a nation.

I aint going back.

Can't believe he's still spouting the same repetetive crap we've heard so many times before

I know he reads this forum. Everybody give him a good luck message.

jtremlett
03-11-2005, 07:58 AM
This quickly became so much more than SteveF's ban. Unbanning him does not change a thing.

He still breaks all of his own rules, makes up new ones on the fly to suit himself, won't listen to reason, expects everybody to kiss his ass, pisses off his sponsors (including his biggest one), just copies and pastes the same reply to every argument and never actually appears to read the text, has no respect for us, insulted us as individuals and as a nation.

I aint going back.

Can't believe he's still spouting the same repetetive crap we've heard so many times before

I know he reads this forum. Everybody give him a good luck message.I agree entirely. I can understand him, not knowing Steve, having got a bit narked by the original post. But that in no way excuses what followed initially in attacking the whole UK forum (oh, sorry, I forgot that although I read that with my own eyes, he didn't actually say it). Then he says 'people only need to pm me' to discuss this. Well I did and got nowhere, but then he's selectively posting from pms and I am completely gobsmacked that, on top of everything else, he then elects to post someone's personal details!!! Whilst I thought initially things had gone completely over-the-top but were maybe redeemable, RL's continuing attitude problem and the depths he'll apparently sink to (plus the superb job done here :thumbsup: ) have completely changed my mind.

At present there are still some things I need on FChat so I shall continue to use it from time-to-time in the short-term.

I do, though, think it is absolutely right for Steve to have his public discussion on FChat. That then helps to give other users input to make up their own minds.

Jonathan

mal
03-11-2005, 08:13 AM

I wouldnt judge Stig in that way just yet:thumbsup:

F1RGY
03-11-2005, 08:23 AM
I wouldnt judge Stig in that way just yet:thumbsup:

You aint reading this right i am just saying Stig has the same choice as us and will be respected for it he does a great job over there

400SPYDER
03-11-2005, 08:25 AM
In RL's reply to the brekkie pic - 'Have a good night honey, we'll speak tomorrow'

I guess that was his attempt at british humour !

mal
03-11-2005, 08:31 AM
You aint reading this right i am just saying Stig has the same choice as us and will be respected for it he does a great job over there

Your right, I am not reading it right, but if thats how its meant then thats cool :smile:

400SPYDER
03-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Some interesting posts still going on here :-

http://70.85.40.84/~ferrari/forum/showthread.php?t=80714

Guess this would be the place for any lucid comments Graham, Stig .............Hazy:hide:

GrahamS
03-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Some interesting posts still going on here :-

http://70.85.40.84/~ferrari/forum/showthread.php?t=80714

Guess this would be the place for any lucid comments Graham, Stig .............Hazy:hide:
I'm dying to, absolutely dying to.

But while Stig is still looking after the shop I'm holding back

400SPYDER
03-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Steves posted - guess we need to bear in mind that we have it on good authority that RL reads this site - are we positive about that ?

GrahamS
03-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Steves posted - guess we need to bear in mind that we have it on good authority that RL reads this site - are we positive about that ?
Well he knows about the ferrarichat.co.uk that some external site set up so you can bet your bottom dollar he followed the link :D

Hi Rob, weather is great, food ok, miss you loads. Love Graham xxx :D

Stewart 430 Scud
03-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Well i am still banned, but even if i was not i would still want to stay here.

400SPYDER
03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
RL's awake and posting

GrahamS
03-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Somebody needs to explain the inner workings of Northern wit to him. Anybody wish to volunteer? :D

LeeP
03-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Somebody needs to explain the inner workings of Northern wit to him. Anybody wish to volunteer? :D

Sort of ... DONE!

400SPYDER
03-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Sort of ... DONE!

Nice sentiment Lee but given the first line of Steves post in that thread -

'This is between me and rob lay to sort this out i dont want or need anybody else to comment in here on my behalf thank you'

can't see that it will achieve too much.

Think you'd be better off posting here :-

http://70.85.40.84/~ferrari/forum/showthread.php?p=135332272#post135332272

IMHO:uneasy:

Jas
03-11-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't really think many of us are considering going back. Is any one at all in fact? I doubt it.

My point was that very few, if any, people walked out because of Steve's ban. We walked out because of what Rob then did in the UK section.

Rob is perpetuating the myth on FChat that we all left for Steve. I don't believe that to be the case at all.

Aztec
03-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Sort of ... DONE!
Lee did Steve ask you to post?

GrahamS
03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Sort of ... DONE!
I didn't mean it literally, you're supposed to be staying out the thread!

Ravi 355
03-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I don't really think many of us are considering going back. Is any one at all in fact? I doubt it.

My point was that very few, if any, people walked out because of Steve's ban. We walked out because of what Rob then did in the UK section.

Rob is perpetuating the myth on FChat that we all left for Steve. I don't believe that to be the case at all.

Its will still be a good source of technical info, until this place gets it sorted, but the "community" is here now so going back is pointless

A308 MAN
03-11-2005, 04:42 PM
there are many people on here who are sick to the back teeth of "Ferrarichat" and "Rob Lay".
why can't we simply draw a line under the whole episode and crack on forward with no further reference to the latter.
if stevef has an issue with roblay, then it's up to just the two of them ! for phux sake, let's move on !
cheers, d

ric355
03-11-2005, 04:55 PM
there are many people on here who are sick to the back teeth of "Ferrarichat" and "Rob Lay".
why can't we simply draw a line under the whole episode and crack on forward with no further reference to the latter.
if stevef has an issue with roblay, then it's up to just the two of them ! for phux sake, let's move on !
cheers, d

I agree on that. I've been trying to post same for a couple of days but I'm waaaaay too long winded !

Anyway, the wax wars are just kicking off. Break out the popcorn...
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135332158&postcount=8

GrahamS
03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
cheers, d
Agreed. Wise words

No more mention from me

steve f
03-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Agreed. Wise words

No more mention from me
grahamS what do you think i should do next
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GrahamS
03-11-2005, 05:12 PM
grahamS what do you think i should do next
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You're exempt as you're "little boy with big job to do" :D

F1RGY
03-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Agreed. Wise words

No more mention from me

I agree also and have been saying so for the last two days I think this is a great new site and thanks to the guys that have put all the hard work in to make it so :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ferrari-spider
03-11-2005, 05:16 PM
cheers, dI dont understand Dave.....what ya trying to say. Spit it out man:tongue3:

Ravi 355
03-11-2005, 05:21 PM
I agree on that. I've been trying to post same for a couple of days but I'm waaaaay too long winded !

Anyway, the wax wars are just kicking off. Break out the popcorn...
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135332158&postcount=8

After seeing that I made one last visit to help Dave out. As I understand it this guys a bit of a Joker.

F328GTS
03-11-2005, 05:51 PM
cheers, d
I still find the situation quite interesting and am watching each post with interest. JRS, I thought you're post was excellent. Can I say to those who are sick of it, don't read this thread. :wink3:

stimo
03-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Steve's last post was good, apart from his attempt to get Lee banned !:grin:

400SPYDER
03-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Steve's last post was good, apart from his attempt to get Lee banned !:grin:

I'd love to be able to say I told you so :D:p

LeeP
03-11-2005, 06:10 PM
I did actually delete my post and then repaste it. Sadly - back into the same thread!

DOH!

400SPYDER
03-11-2005, 06:20 PM
I still find the situation quite interesting and am watching each post with interest. JRS, I thought you're post was excellent. Can I say to those who are sick of it, don't read this thread. :wink3:

Agreed Nige - well said

stimo
03-11-2005, 06:34 PM
why cant that bloke understand that he should stay out of the UK section unless the moderators need his help !!

i dont get it ! Its all going round in circles ! He is so dumb

hedge
03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Happy here thanks - you guys have done a great job - and RL has to be a bit gutted, plus the smiles are SOOOOOO much better. Plus no silly avatar rules (that I am aware of!!???)

I will however continue to post in the Euro section of f-chat as I made many friends, lots of whom I met on the Swiss and Scottish rallye's, and I still intend on going to the next European rallye in 2006 (location to be decided). I will liaise on here once the details are up so anyone else who fancies it can join in...we could get XFC t-shirts made up in defiance!

This site rocks.:grin: :grin: :grin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wink3: :smile: :sleeping: :cry: :mad: :grin: :grin: :gossip: :gossip: :gossip: :antlers: :antlers: :antlers: :gossip: :rofl: :drunk: :disguise: :lightout: :bucktooth :kiss: :kiss:

F1 JOE
03-11-2005, 07:13 PM
why cant that bloke understand that he should stay out of the UK section unless the moderators need his help !!

i dont get it ! Its all going round in circles ! He is so dumb

What he said, its just going on and on....must say im tempted to hit back at some of the ******* do-gooders popping up to have a say.

:-)

stimo
03-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Check this out from F-Chat !

If we want to use the bar analogy....

Rob the landlord (who's already known to be hot tempered) is having a discussion with a regular about whether or not he's paid his tab.

Steve butts into the conversation and calls Rob a short ****, remember the alamo etc

Rob whos already a bit heated up due to his conversation with the other regular then bars Steve for a couple of months

Rob pissed at the world in general tells all the regulars that he wont tolerate that sort of behaviour

All the regulars get upset and leave to another pub

In real life most of the regulars would have been able to see the situation for what it was......a silly argument that could have been resolved with a bit of diplomacy,
all thats happened now is the regulars think the Landlords a tit and will only come in for happy hour (tech info) who has really lost out here......

EVERYBODY ON FCHAT INCLUDING STEVE, ROB AND THE WHOLE UK SECTION

Then;

Good one AndrewG

To continue it further.

A lot of casual visitors to the bar, who sometimes felt a bit intimidated by what often seemed like a bit of rowdiness and really neverunderstood half of what the regulars were talking about, breathed a sigh of relief and decided they might visit the bar a bit more often because now they could actually be heard in conversation.

Meanwhile the landlord, sensing that maybe he had gone a bit too far, but also realising he had also attracted a few different clients, suggested that he might remodel his bar going to a saloon and lounge bar arrangement rather than just one big open bar.

But will the old regulars decide that the bar down the road doesn't have the same atmosphere, and despite the hot tempered nature of the landlord, decide to go back to his bar.

Time will tell :-)

ferrari-spider
03-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Being ant-terrorist trained my self, i realy dont know what to make of Nob Lays comments:grin:

F328GTS
03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
JRS, I thought you're post was excellent.
:oops: Meant Jas, not JRS.

JRS
03-11-2005, 08:42 PM

D4mn , I thought my post was excellent as well :smiley: Anyway , I still hope that common sense will prevail and we will be one happy family again :thumbsup:

steve f
03-11-2005, 08:44 PM
D4mn , I thought my post was excellent as well :smiley: Anyway , I still hope that common sense will prevail and we will be one happy family again :thumbsup:
we are on here :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

spidermanUK
03-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Mr. Lay's attitude is softening, and he's changed his signature in honour of Steve's Alamo comment!:deal: :rockthrow :stickbeat :mallet: :book:

Jas
03-11-2005, 10:30 PM
cheers, d

Well you know what's in this thread. Don't read it :)

Secondly, with respect, it's up to each and every individual to decide when they want to let it go, not you.

Jas
03-11-2005, 10:30 PM

:thumbsup:

steve f
04-11-2005, 08:43 AM
OK BOYS ITS ALL SORTED I AM BACK ON FCHAT ROB HAS SAID SORRY WANTS ME TO BE A MODERATOR SO SEE YAA BOYS ON THE OTHER ONE BYE FROM ME

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

F1RGY
04-11-2005, 08:46 AM
OK BOYS ITS ALL SORTED I AM BACK ON FCHAT ROB HAS SAID SORRY WANTS ME TO BE A MODERATOR SO SEE YAA BOYS ON THE OTHER ONE BYE FROM ME

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck see yaa RAY:laugh: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

steve f
04-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Good luck see yaa RAY:laugh: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
b4stared you are suppose to say dont go steve we want you here :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tonyh
04-11-2005, 08:56 AM

Ray's spot on :iloveyou:

jtremlett
04-11-2005, 09:10 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:Does someone want to hold him while I slap him?

F328GTS
04-11-2005, 09:32 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steve L
04-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Not sure if ive read it right or not, but it looks like Nob Head has backed right down and apologised

stimo
04-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Has anyone worked out or know who the guy on F-Chat was ??????

Its all over now, time to come clean methinks !!!!

spidermanUK
04-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Has anyone worked out or know who the guy on F-Chat was ??????

Its all over now, time to come clean methinks !!!!
The problem would be if we reveal who it was, then RL would give a ban for duplicate id, or would he do the sensible thing in the circumstances, and ignore it?:hide:

stimo
04-11-2005, 11:10 AM
The problem would be if we reveal who it was, then RL would give a ban for duplicate id, or would he do the sensible thing in the circumstances, and ignore it?:hide:

does that mean you know ?

spidermanUK
04-11-2005, 11:12 AM
does that mean you know ?
:wink3: :wink3: :wink3: