PDA

View Full Version : 348 Door Trim removal

PAUL V
20-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Can any of you do me a favour

I have taken the door cards off my 348TB and am a little confused how they are fixed, I know there are plastic clips and various screws that hold some of them on etc. The area where I have a problem it the end of the door (opposite to the door hinge) are there any screws in that end??

The parts book lists 2 alloy strips called door upper moulding and door lower moulding but I cannot for the life of me understand how this attaches to the door. Any photos of the door end may clear this up.

dasadrew
21-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I posted this on the dark side a while ago.

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I've had some problems with opening the passenger door from the inside on my car, so I decided to take a closer look at the problem today.

And I thought it would be a good idea of taking some pics during the process, in case some of you might find it interesting :thumbsup:
This is how I did it, step-by-step :thumbsup:

The first thing I did was to remove the two strips from the outter part of the door.
The door on the 348 has 4 different "sections/panels" - and I started by gently pulling off the lower section - the fabric.
This section was held in place by 3 clips and no screws.

(PS: The clips might break, so I recommend that you have some spare clips)

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 04:39 PM
STEP 2.

The next section was held in place by 4 clips and 1 screw...

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 04:44 PM
STEP 3

The door handle section was held by 3 main screws and 2 from underneath the door handle.

Firstly unscrew the door handle and the small screw which holds the opener...
Stick your finger under the panel and simply push out the window-lift button, and disconnect it from its socket.

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 04:48 PM
STEP 4

Unscrew the 3 main (big) screws on this section, note that there are also 2 screws up under the door handle.

So in total here, you need to unscrew 5 screws and no clips.

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 04:51 PM
STEP 5

The top section is not connected at all.
Just pull it gently off, remembering to remove the door knob first.

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 04:54 PM
STEP 6

Remove the 2 aluminium strips and the window strip- not a MUST, but its easier to work when its removed.

Undo the 6 small screws and the window strip can be removed.

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 05:01 PM
STEP 7

Now, the tough part...
Unscrew ALL the big screws from the inner door panel (10mm)

TAKE NOTE OF THE 2 SCREWS CIRCLED IN GREEN

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 05:03 PM
STEP 8

The inner panel is now loose, so gently lay it down on something flat, make sure it dosent hang loose under it's own weight or it may strain the wiring.:shocked:

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 05:04 PM
STEP 9

Found my problem :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 05:06 PM
additional Pic To Step 4

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Remember those 2 screws circled in green?

When you're putting this back together, you might struggle matching the holes with the screws. Those 2 green circled screws are actually held by the window-lifter - so you might need to lift the window with your hand in order to fit the screws.

Also remember to have extras clips handy, in order to replace any old ones which may have become damaged!

I'll continue this thread as soon as I've got a replacement wire!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gimme Fuel
01-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Last pic....

PAUL V
02-04-2006, 11:37 AM
The first thing I did was to remove the two lists from the outter part of the door.

I think they are 2 bits of Alloy painted black? I have done what you have done removed all the door parts but my Lists as you call them i think are wrong or not the right shape any more so a photo of yours would help.

Yes i could not work out the 2 holes i have had mine recoverd so they are not there any more.

Gimme Fuel
02-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Paul

Here you have a better look of the strips
They CAN be a PITA to reinstall but.....

Hope this helps - if I'm off the mark, please let me know :laugh: