PDA

View Full Version : 355 doesn't turn over

500pro
21-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi I have owned my 355 GTS for just over 2 weeks........I last used it last Friday and isolated the battery , I went to start it earlier this evening, I had all dash lights and when I go to crank there is nothing......just a very slight dimming of dash lights. I didn't try jump leads or have any thing to test battery voltage, however as the battery is new and i had left it isolated I would not suspect the battery. So has anyone had a similar experience.:mad: :mad:

Nick355
21-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi I have owned my 355 GTS for just over 2 weeks........I last used it last Friday and isolated the battery , I went to start it earlier this evening, I had all dash lights and when I go to crank there is nothing......just a very slight dimming of dash lights. I didn't try jump leads or have any thing to test battery voltage, however as the battery is new and i had left it isolated I would not suspect the battery. So has anyone had a similar experience.:mad: :mad:

Sounds like an immobilizer is on maybe?? If it has one?? Failing that the starter? :cry:

LazyLobster
21-04-2006, 07:17 AM
These cars are well known for flat batt's, suggest you put a meter on and see what voltage the batt has. There are terminals in the engine bay for this, rather than dig out the batt in the wheel arch.

Also, might be worth putting on an ammeter to see if there is a leakage from anywhere.

R

tonyh
21-04-2006, 07:50 AM
deff sounds like a flat batt. Is there a rapid clicking on turn of key as you try and fire engine? As Rob says, take off batt cover in engine bay and attach batt leads to terminals.

500pro
21-04-2006, 07:57 AM
I will check out the battery, the odd thing is that I turned the battery isolator on and its only been sat 6 days.....and there was no fast clicking.....still I didn't have any test equipment , so I guess I better start with the basics.....thank

tonyh
21-04-2006, 08:00 AM
just re read your post and note you have new batt . Maybe you need to check if immob's working properly as Nichola suggests?

GrahamS
21-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Mine does something like this if left for a couple of weeks. I have to hold the key in position for about 5 seconds before it kicks into life. Up until that point there's absolute silence then it fires up normally :huh:
It took me a few attempts before I tried holding the key in position for this length of time.
It's being serviced in a couple of weeks so hopefully they'll find out why there's this delay

ferrari-spider
21-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Mine did somthing very much the same when i first got my spider. But the battery was good, instead i found the problem to be one of the leads to the dattery was badly corroded and the terminal was not very tight on the battery. I cut an inch of the lead and put on a brandnew terminal.....job done:thumbsup: . Worth thinking about as well maybe?...........or not:wink3:

500pro
23-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks guys.....got it started with a boost pack from the jump points at the back...I have got a bad contact between the battery...the cut off and the rear, starts every time now, will sort it properly next week ...thanks for all the advice

ferrari-spider
23-04-2006, 10:22 PM
:dance:

jasonSF
24-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Is the car F1? I once had this and it was the engine lid. There is a brass connection and the F1 system will not het the car start if the car thinks the boot is open. I simply straightened the small brass contact (had bent slightly) and hey presto!

Of course, I had instructions for Carl Verdi who was on the phone at the time :D