PDA

View Full Version : New Tax ?? Stick it!!! Ill knock the thing down 1st

F1 JOE
10-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Whats this crap on taxing Patios and Conservatories guys ...for f sake aint we getting stiffed enuff??

I say that if they try to introduce this we do as the French ..........eat onions :cry3:

Rob ill have 2 pound please??

Seriously tho this goes way over for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill knock mine down and drop it in Gordan Browns driveway along with the patio too!!

Elms
10-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Whats this crap on taxing Patios and Conservatories guys ...for f sake aint we getting stiffed enuff??

I say that if they try to introduce this we do as the French ..........eat onions :cry3:

Rob ill have 2 pound please??

Seriously tho this goes way over for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill knock mine down and drop it in Gordan Browns driveway along with the patio too!!

I've missed this.....is this a wind up?! :confused:

400SPYDER
10-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Homes with view set for higher tax Sunday November 6, 10:19 AM Homeowners who have a nice view or live next to a golf course could pay more in council tax as part of a revaluation of properties, it has been reported.

Higher taxes could be introduced after a revaluation of council tax on each property in England, which will take into account increases or decreases in property values since the last valuation in 1991.

The proposed taxes will apply to homes if they are in conservation areas, next to an open space, have a swimming pool or tennis court or have full or partial views of the sea, hills, mountains, lakes or rivers, according to the Sunday Express and Sunday Telegraph.
It had been intended to revalue every home in England in 2007 in order to update council tax banding systems, following a similar exercise in Wales.

But the revaluation was postponed in September, amid claims that it would lead to soaring bills. It is now not expected to take place until 2010 at least.

The Valuation Office Agency, which carries out revaluations, would only say: "The banding for council tax is based on market value which takes account of a number of factors.

"Specific things like a sea view will only have a bearing if they have a significant influence on the overall value of the property."

A spokeswoman for the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister stressed that the revaluation was on hold.

She said: "The number of properties moving bands would have depended on the Government's decision about the banding structure that would have accompanied revaluation. And we made no such decision. Preparatory work for a revaluation in 2007 has been stood down, but the Valuation Office Agency's good work will provide a firm foundation on which to build in future."

Newspaper reports said extra charges were also expected for homes with more bedrooms than average, conservatories, large patios or gardens, roof terraces or balconies.

F1 JOE
10-11-2005, 10:30 AM
I've missed this.....is this a wind up?! :confused:

No GB n his wisdom is threatning to place a rise on Council tax if you have a Patio or a conservatoryon your property, this is true and a ******* farse me thinks......

F1 JOE
10-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Homes with view set for higher tax Sunday November 6, 10:19 AM Homeowners who have a nice view or live next to a golf course could pay more in council tax as part of a revaluation of properties, it has been reported.

Higher taxes could be introduced after a revaluation of council tax on each property in England, which will take into account increases or decreases in property values since the last valuation in 1991.

The proposed taxes will apply to homes if they are in conservation areas, next to an open space, have a swimming pool or tennis court or have full or partial views of the sea, hills, mountains, lakes or rivers, according to the Sunday Express and Sunday Telegraph.
It had been intended to revalue every home in England in 2007 in order to update council tax banding systems, following a similar exercise in Wales.

But the revaluation was postponed in September, amid claims that it would lead to soaring bills. It is now not expected to take place until 2010 at least.

The Valuation Office Agency, which carries out revaluations, would only say: "The banding for council tax is based on market value which takes account of a number of factors.

"Specific things like a sea view will only have a bearing if they have a significant influence on the overall value of the property."

A spokeswoman for the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister stressed that the revaluation was on hold.

She said: "The number of properties moving bands would have depended on the Government's decision about the banding structure that would have accompanied revaluation. And we made no such decision. Preparatory work for a revaluation in 2007 has been stood down, but the Valuation Office Agency's good work will provide a firm foundation on which to build in future."

Newspaper reports said extra charges were also expected for homes with more bedrooms than average, conservatories, large patios or gardens, roof terraces or balconies.

Many thx of wise one for that great info:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Elms
10-11-2005, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=400SPYDER]Homes with view set for higher tax Sunday November 6, 10:19 AM Homeowners who have a nice view or live next to a golf course could pay more in council tax as part of a revaluation of properties, it has been reported. [QUOTE]

My girlfriends flat overlooks a water treatment plant. So will she get a reduction :huh: :grin:

Elms
10-11-2005, 10:37 AM
No GB n his wisdom is threatning to place a rise on Council tax if you have a Patio or a conservatoryon your property, this is true and a ******* farse me thinks......

Time to get the tarmac'ers in to bitumen my whole garden then! :grin:

steve f
10-11-2005, 10:40 AM
just paint the windows black then you might get a discount for no view:smile:

Nicola
10-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Have a nice view, but the view will probably be developed by 2010.

What if the homeowner is blind?

Poor people in small houses who can't afford to move to a bigger home add conservatories so they have more space, then face a tax?

Does the government actually suggest anything that helps people?

Andy HLS
10-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Apart from the view of the sea, looks like im screwed.

andy.

Ravi 355
10-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Does the government actually suggest anything that helps people?

unfortunately not Nicola. The sooner Labour get out the better.

A308 MAN
10-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Ah yes, I remember council tax.

:smitten: :smile:

Yorkshirelad
10-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Government has to find the money from somewhere to pay for civil servents final salary pensions:D

what do blind poeple pay if they have a 'view'?

MarkH@O
10-11-2005, 09:31 PM
a point that was brought up on another site i use is high rise flats/apartments,

would the tax increase as the floor in creases as the higher up the further the view etc, honestly i think this is a piss take even though it wont effect me directly as im still at home with parents its still completely out of order, people work hard to buy a nice house with a nice view etc now they are going to be taxed for all their hard work:angry:

F1 JOE
10-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Apart from the view of the sea, looks like im screwed.

andy.

You may need a wip round ???:shocked: :shocked:

F1 JOE
10-11-2005, 10:39 PM
You may need a wip round ???:shocked: :shocked:

Its another load of crap that unfortunately we put up with Belguims/French/Germans alway protest to this kinda thing with people power and it works!!!

Unfortunatelt we British and just pay up:angry: :angry: :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

Jonny5
10-11-2005, 10:50 PM
What if the homeowner is blind?

Probably charge them more, their logic sucks

If you are blind, a tv license costs 63.25
If you have a black and white TV a license costs 42

crazy.

Pauli
11-11-2005, 01:50 AM
I am getting so pissed off wi the tax man, we are just unpaid tax collectors!!