PDA

View Full Version : Meets Section...

Gibbsa
11-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I was thinking (which is sometimes dangerous) that if you split this section Sy to 'Upcoming events' and then create another section 'Event History', it maybe slightly easier to see what's happening and just as importantly, what has happened. Also, if somehow you could get consistent on the naming of the events in the history section, it maybe easier to group everyone's pics into the same/right place from the outset....

Not sure how easy it would be to administer and move stuff from one to another, but at least it would save stickying stuff. Also, it would provide a more obvious home for event pics! Whad'ya think?

Just my tuppence worth...

Angelis
11-11-2005, 07:33 PM
I was thinking (which is sometimes dangerous) that if you split this section Sy to 'Upcoming events' and then create another section 'Event History', it maybe slightly easier to see what's happening and just as importantly, what has happened. Also, if somehow you could get consistent on the naming of the events in the history section, it maybe easier to group everyone's pics into the same/right place from the outset....

Not sure how easy it would be to administer and move stuff from one to another, but at least it would save stickying stuff. Also, it would provide a more obvious home for event pics! Whad'ya think?

Just my tuppence worth...

I think you're right. Even I lose track of what's upcoming.

I'll forward this one to the others and see if we can work some thing out.

GrahamS
11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
I've added a poll. Don't want to annoy people by creating an extra sub forum if it 's not the wish of the majority

Gibbsa
11-11-2005, 08:07 PM
I've added a poll. Don't want to annoy people by creating an extra sub forum if it 's not the wish of the majority

Not sure the words are the right ones Graham- archive sounds like they are going to disappear somewhere and/or be difficult to find, and sub forum gives another couple of clicks to find them.

I was thinking of a section on the same level -
Upcoming Events
Previous Events with Pics
(not the right titles)

Make all our pics easier to post and find and reminise (is that how you spoll it?). Again, just my tuppence worth (does that make 4p now??). I'll stop now :grin:

Thanks for the lightening response on the response though - I'm impressed!

GrahamS
11-11-2005, 08:27 PM
I'll change the wording slightly.

Not sure a complete new forum is a good idea. We're already getting beaten up on a daily basis for having too many sections!!

I'm trying to figure out how I recode the templates to display sub forums under their parent on the main page. That should eliminate the extra click problem. I think I've got it sussed :confused:

A sub forum seems like a fair compromise? Anyway it's out of my hands now!

GrahamS
11-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Figured out how to make sub forums visible on home page :)

See technical library sub forum on main page for an example

sletti
11-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Won't it work with upcoming events being sticky, and old events not being so?

GrahamS
12-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Thread moved here frm the meets section, for the benefit of those that haven't seen it yet

Angelis
12-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Maybe have a stand alone Meets section tith two sub-sections.

- Upcoming meets

- Old Meet, events stuff

I think anybody looking at the Meet section today would think that we've been around for ages with the number of meets and event photo's stuck up.

sletti
13-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Maybe have a stand alone Meets section tith two sub-sections.

- Upcoming meets

- Old Meet, events stuff

I think anybody looking at the Meet section today would think that we've been around for ages with the number of meets and event photo's stuck up.

We (Fcars.net) may be new, but most of us have known each other for a couple of years now, so we (the people) have been around for ages.

GrahamS
14-11-2005, 12:45 PM
bump

GrahamS
14-11-2005, 09:00 PM
OK, an overwhelming vote to have old meetings threads placed into a sub forum. It shall be done...