PDA

View Full Version : The Sat Nav Game

Albert V8
12-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Is it only me?

I keep setting the destination on my TomTom and try to beat the predicted arrival time.

I have been known to exceed the enforced speed limits in pursuit of this, does this make me a bad person :grin:

GrahamS
12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I do it all the time :laugh:

And it becomes REALLY annoying when you get held up in roadworks when you're "on a mission" :D

barabus
12-11-2005, 06:09 PM
I do it all the time :laugh:

And it becomes REALLY annoying when you get held up in roadworks when you're "on a mission" :D

Never have that mission when following my big map with all the MacDonalds and speed cameras marked on it:laugh: :laugh:

KenC
12-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Is it only me?

I keep setting the destination on my TomTom and try to beat the predicted arrival time.

I have been known to exceed the enforced speed limits in pursuit of this, does this make me a bad person :grin:

Does the predicted arrival time not change as you approach the destination making the result a draw every time?

Angelis
12-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Is it only me?

Don't get ahead of yourself!!!

:tongue3:

Pauli
13-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Albert don't think it's calibrated for F40 travel timescales, I mean thats the closest thing to a Delorean film star!!

ric355
13-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Does the predicted arrival time not change as you approach the destination making the result a draw every time?

Yes Ken, it does (on my PDA version at least). I was thinking the same thing myself !

tabletcounter
14-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Is it only me?

Gonna have to get one now!!

Sounds like great fun

izza
14-11-2005, 11:37 AM
The wife's Audi uses history of motorway speeds to recalibrate journey times. As such, my early victories in beating the ETA mean now I have to drive at at least a ton on motorways just to keep up!

Ravi 355
14-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Yes Ken, it does (on my PDA version at least). I was thinking the same thing myself !

Most of them do run real time, you just need to make a note of what time is says you will get there before you set off, and then see how much you can bring it down by.

hedge
15-11-2005, 02:59 PM
The wife's Audi uses history of motorway speeds to recalibrate journey times. As such, my early victories in beating the ETA mean now I have to drive at at least a ton on motorways just to keep up!

that would be a valid defence to the vagistrates I think. different anyway!