PDA

View Full Version : Went to the MPH Birmingham show this weekend.

ferrari-spider
14-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Yea i went yesterday and today. It was a very good show and was not packed. There is a very nice selection of cars from Zonda to Spiker. Even the Tom Hartly had cars there. It was not packed so moving around was easy to do.
Now about the show, it was very entertaining and was presented by Clarkson, Tiff and hamster Hammond. You realy must look out for the flying car, yes a flying car:grin: Also there is a huge screen for the 3D film of the chopper chasing the real lie Lotus, fantastic:grin:
I have to say though the whole show seems to be very sponsor orientated with brand names thrown every were and looking in the brochure they are indeed all sponsers. But no nention of ferrari!!:cry3: And no ferrari on stage. But a car to look out for that is IMO better than the little V8 Vantage (remember i went to the launch last month, and never rated it) is the new Jaguar XK which will be in the same class but 15K cheeper and a whole lot better, and the top gear team agreed.
Clarkson was his usual scruffy self with a dirty potty mouth, not considering all the little children that were watching. He was using the C nut word and F cuk word:huh: After the show the mardy git went straight out the door and to his car while people were queing in the paddock area thinking that they would get an opportunity to get his autograph. But we saw him minutes after the main show leaving in the shadows, and the people on the bus going back to the car parks also saw him and waved but the mardy git dint even wave at them:cry: So the premium £30 tickets are a waist of time.
So summing up great show yea,very sponserd orientated. Although now i have another opinion of Claskson:(
I will post pictues when i have rezised them.

Angelis
14-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Although now i have another opinion of Claskson:(

My sister went last year and she saw Clarkson being asked for his autograph. He kep saying "I'm far too busy" and walked off.

She also revised her opinion of him. :thumbsdow

Hazy
14-11-2005, 01:07 AM
You realy must look out for the flying car, yes a flying car:grin:

Chaz, glad you had a good time dude. I saw six flying Ferraris yesterday mate!!! Show some respect to the little 355 bombing past Stewarts 430!!!!..

ferrari-spider
14-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Yea i have been on a hard run with Stewart, him in his 430 and me in my 355 and he and Stevef were not afraid to let loose:grin:

Hazy
14-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Sparticle is the one dude, i could NOT keep with him, cooked me brakes trying :D:D:D

ferrari-spider
14-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Whats he driving?

Hazy
14-11-2005, 01:25 AM
My next car with any luck (hes got a 430 on its way). I luuuurve this car

Hazy
14-11-2005, 01:26 AM
p.s. Sorry for hijacking YOUR thread Chaz

:rofl: :D:D:D

ferrari-spider
14-11-2005, 01:28 AM
My next car with any luck (hes got a 430 on its way). I luuuurve this car

.Oh yea i drove my bosses to the show yesterday:)

ferrari-spider
14-11-2005, 01:28 AM
p.s. Sorry for hijacking YOUR thread Chaz

:rofl: :D:D:DHey anyone can hijack any of my threads anytime.

Nicola
14-11-2005, 02:32 PM
My sister went last year and she saw Clarkson being asked for his autograph. He kep saying "I'm far too busy" and walked off.

She also revised her opinion of him. :thumbsdow

If you go watch the filming of Top Gear, JC will happily sign autographs and chat as he gets bored.

ferrari-spider
14-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Small conselation for the masses of children that went this weekend though.

MalcH
14-11-2005, 03:02 PM
If you go watch the filming of Top Gear, JC will happily sign autographs and chat as he gets bored.
I have been on the waiting list for two years :thumbsdow

A few of us went to the MPH show last year. As has been said it is entertaining and the "live show" was superb. Did they shoot the car at the Health & safety guys caravan?

All this said, it is advertised as being unique in that "car shows" have none of the live action. I bet this years show was not much different than last years?

Like the Motor Show thought I will probably only ever go to the MPH once every 5 years. The Classic car show at the NEC last weekend, well that is another thing. Will be going back there next year!!! :smiley:

ferrari-spider
14-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Yes they blew up the health and safty van at the Birmingham MPH......again:(