PDA

View Full Version : Couples run outs

Yorkshirelad
15-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Does anyone else take wifes/girlfriends out on runs at the weekend?

Hazy
15-11-2005, 10:08 AM
ROTFLMFAO...........

You are kidding, surely :D:D:D

Joking aside, it might be rather nice to arrange a lads and laydeez day sometime????

burriana
15-11-2005, 10:14 AM

Nope.

For a couple of obvious reasons:

1) Blokes talk a lot of bollox when they get together with usually quite a bit of effing and jeffing and fwoar look at 'er type remarks.

2) Not many wives/girlfriends truly appreciate 160mph!

A proper event/show then fair enough.

Hazy
15-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Nope.

1) Blokes talk a lot of bollox when they get together with usually quite a bit of effing and jeffing and fwoar look at 'er type remarks.

Mmmm...good points.

Nah, ***** em then, lads only :D:D:D

stevew
15-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Blokes talk a lot of bollox when they get together with usually quite a bit of effing and jeffing and fwoar look at 'er type remarks.

Absolutely mate........ when are we having a meet at Xscape again:grin: :grin: :grin:

steve f
15-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I think this thread is sexist cos if i turn up with my partner you will all take the piss as i am gay and live with a man and i think it will then spoil my membership and posting on here with snide remarks

spidermanUK
15-11-2005, 11:41 AM
I took my G/F to the meet last summer at the Grasshopper and also on the Poseur Run! We didn't speak to many people at the Grasshopper, with the notable exception of Ian, RIOT OK, who was very welcoming!As for the Poseur run, she loved it!!! We had a very pleasant chat, and a laugh with TonyH at some posh hotel, and he was good enough to make a number of intros!

I think it all depends on how interested your other half is in the Ferrari world, and also what she expects from a day out!:tongue3:

angelboy
15-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Clare comes out with me and she loves it. She never complains and loves meeting you all.

If there were more wives and girlfriends out on the runs then maybe they would be happy to be a part of which is a big part of our lives!

It doesn't bother me.............in fact it evens out the weight a little bit and stops me wearing out the drivers side tyres as much!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aztec
15-11-2005, 12:03 PM
I need my wife to enjoy runs out in OUR car:laugh: otherwise its new kitchen new? etc etc etc

Ade
15-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Without a passenger I tend to push the car harder around the corners, so its also nice to go alone once in a while, but my GF does like to come along - apparently it DOES count as 'quality time' together... bonus.

steve f
15-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I need my wife to enjoy runs out in OUR car:laugh: otherwise its new kitchen new? etc etc etc
other option's new wife or turn gay :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

spidermanUK
15-11-2005, 12:11 PM
other option's new wife or turn gay :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Both of which are likely to be a major pain in the ar*e:cry3: :cry3: :cry3:

F328GTS
15-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Girlfriends somtimes, but never the wife.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

a7see
15-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Nope.

Totally agreed there. Mine refused to go with me as she reckons it will be boring for her.................all man talk about is cars cars cars....and sometimes ogle at nice page 3 girls at car shows....:D

MalcH
15-11-2005, 01:43 PM
It would be good to get the missus to go in mine. She hates it!!!

This does have it's advantages though :tongue3:

burriana
15-11-2005, 03:34 PM
My wife's view on seeing this particular piece of automotive gorgeousness was ...

I'd rather drive me tranny van! :stunned:

Yorkshirelad
15-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Totally agreed there. Mine refused to go with me as she reckons it will be boring for her.................all man talk about is cars cars cars....

exactly!! I missed the september F-chat meet :( cos she wanted to go out for a meal,:( said that if we went to the f-chat meet there would be nobody to talk to! unless it was about F-cars...

Like Aztec, my wifey says half the cars is hers...( I've already had to buy a chuffin kitchen :( ) don't want to have to buy anything else!! :D

SteveF did bring along his 'life partner' a few months ago..a lot better looking than Steve:D:D:D

MalcH
15-11-2005, 06:38 PM
My wife's view on seeing this particular piece of automotive gorgeousness was ...

Some ladeez have no taste, how could you not like it..

Like Aztec, my wifey says half the cars is hers...( I've already had to buy a chuffin kitchen :( ) don't want to have to buy anything else!! :D

Well at least I do not get that, she spent hers on an MX5 (and is looking to get a New Mini in addition), so my car is mine......

Told her if we ever get divorced she can have all the rest, I just want me cars :tongue3::wink3:

RIOT OK
15-11-2005, 07:12 PM
yes but on a lead!:grin:

panterasteve
15-11-2005, 09:18 PM

what you have a van thats a tranny ,does it wear womens clothing :grin:

barabus
15-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Clare comes out with me and she loves it. She never complains and loves meeting you all.

If there were more wives and girlfriends out on the runs then maybe they would be happy to be a part of which is a big part of our lives!

It doesn't bother me.............in fact it evens out the weight a little bit and stops me wearing out the drivers side tyres as much!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quite agree Paul, my missus always comes with me and she loves it after all if it wasn't for her I'd probably have bought a TVR:grin:

steve f
15-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Quite agree Paul, my missus always comes with me and she loves it after all if it wasn't for her I'd probably have bought a TVR:grin:
you would not fit in a tvr

barabus
15-11-2005, 09:53 PM
you would not fit in a tvr

Yes I would I have