PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh hotels (New year's eve)

tom
15-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm going to be heading to Edinburgh for new year's eve. A friend has a flat right in the centre, which he's trying to sell, and has offered me the use of it for NYE if he's not sold it by then. If he has, I'd like to fall back on a hotel if possible. Can anyone recommend me a hotel in a similarly central location?

I realise it's quite a long shot, trying to get a room for 31st December at this point (I imagine most of the large chains will be either full or prohibitively expensive like the Hilton is) but hopefully someone will know of some smaller hotels I can try.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

spidermanUK
15-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm going to be heading to Edinburgh for new year's eve. A friend has a flat right in the centre, which he's trying to sell, and has offered me the use of it for NYE if he's not sold it by then. If he has, I'd like to fall back on a hotel if possible. Can anyone recommend me a hotel in a similarly central location?

I realise it's quite a long shot, trying to get a room for 31st December at this point (I imagine most of the large chains will be either full or prohibitively expensive like the Hilton is) but hopefully someone will know of some smaller hotels I can try.

Cheers! :thumbsup:
Sopwell House is quite nice, and about as close to the centre of Edinburgh as you will get booking at this time:huh: :huh: :huh:

tom
15-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Sopwell House is quite nice, and about as close to the centre of Edinburgh as you will get booking at this time:huh: :huh: :huh:
:tongue3:

And, useless fact, I've spent a night asleep on the lawn at Sopwell House...

tom
17-11-2005, 11:49 AM
A bump before I let it die...