PDA

View Full Version : Top speeds

456gtman
16-11-2005, 06:45 PM
We all know what are cars are capable of in short bursts, out of site of gordon Browns scamera van revenue raisers, but how many here have done a sustained burst of high speed driving in the UK?
As a lot of former Fchatters here know, we (I:grin: ) have a bit of a reputation over here in cowboy country for"enthusiastic driving sessions":smiley:
Post here providing you have witnesses who can verify if needed (or if not who cares:grin: :grin: ).
We have recorded over here on my car 2 runs with the speedo needle actually lodged on the stop bar on the gauge (320kph), several runs of 185-190+ (including me & 2 others hooning about resulting in our two fcars being overtaken at 190 by our mates gallardo @195)
I know Tea **** has recorded similar speeds on his personal racetrack (known as the "A34xxxx" something or other).
Anything under 150 don't count:thumbsdow

Hud
16-11-2005, 07:13 PM
We all know what are cars are capable of in short bursts, out of site of gordon Browns scamera van revenue raisers, but how many here have done a sustained burst of high speed driving in the UK?
As a lot of former Fchatters here know, we (I:grin: ) have a bit of a reputation over here in cowboy country for"enthusiastic driving sessions":smiley:
Post here providing you have witnesses who can verify if needed (or if not who cares:grin: :grin: ).
We have recorded over here on my car 2 runs with the speedo needle actually lodged on the stop bar on the gauge (320kph), several runs of 185-190+ (including me & 2 others hooning about resulting in our two fcars being overtaken at 190 by our mates gallardo @195)
I know Tea **** has recorded similar speeds on his personal racetrack (known as the "A34xxxx" something or other).
Anything under 150 don't count:thumbsdow

ive driven with you and the other girls from gloucester. my cars gone faster in reverse.:smiley:

456gtman
16-11-2005, 07:44 PM
ive driven with you and the other girls from gloucester. my cars gone faster in reverse Going downhill, slip-streaming a milk float.:smiley:I heard a whisper that you former 355 boys couldn't get from A2B without breaking down (several times):grin:
If you read the handbook there's 6 gears going forward on the 360, makes a world of difference:grin:

Hud
16-11-2005, 07:46 PM
I heard a whisper that you former 355 boys couldn't get from A2B without breaking down (several times):grin:
If you read the handbook there's 6 gears going forward on the 360, makes a world of difference:grin:

pls can you show tommo how 4th 5th and 6th work.:thumbsup:

456gtman
16-11-2005, 07:58 PM
pls can you show tommo how 4th 5th and 6th work.:thumbsup:

He's got to find how the ignition works first:grin: :grin:

Jules
16-11-2005, 08:03 PM

OK I'm biting - 456 post some proof!:grin:

Hud
16-11-2005, 08:04 PM

struggles to find the keys in his handbag.:wink3:

Jules
16-11-2005, 08:06 PM
struggles to find the keys in his handbag.:wink3:

who was wearing the gay shirt Friday night??:shocked: :shocked:

Hud
16-11-2005, 08:08 PM
who was wearing the gay shirt Friday night??:shocked: :shocked:

burriana. And why arent you in the car??:grin:

Jules
16-11-2005, 08:08 PM
OK I'm biting - 456 post some proof!:grin:

C'mon Andy - lets see those speedos (ooeer missus) - or should we say UFO :shocked:

Jules
16-11-2005, 08:11 PM
burriana. And why arent you in the car??:grin:

cause i can't get a sitter - me mum's sitting tomorrow night, and I'm thinking of arranging an impromptu London meet for the London boys - anyone up for it??? actually that's a damn fine idea:bulb2: :bulb2: :bulb2: :hmmm:

Hud
16-11-2005, 08:14 PM
cause i can't get a sitter - me mum's sitting tomorrow night, and I'm thinking of arranging an impromptu London meet for the London boys - anyone up for it??? actually that's a damn fine idea:bulb2: :bulb2: :bulb2: :hmmm:

10 says you cant get more than 4 people together.

ferrari-spider
16-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Just to remind them that dont know that we had a tosing newspaper reporter snooping around on the dark side. He was looking for a story about british ferrari drivers speeding:thumbsdow. Trying to find out s hit that was not there or true.
But anyway i know you were only joking when you asked about how fast we go in the UK:grin: :grin: You are a kidder dude:grin: :grin: Personaly i dont go over 71mph at all, what so ever....ever:thumbsup:

spidermanUK
16-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Just to remind them that dont know that we had a tosing newspaper reporter snooping around on the dark side. He was looking for a story about british ferrari drivers speeding:thumbsdow. Trying to find out s hit that was not there or true.
But anyway i know you were only joking when you asked about how fast we go in the UK:grin: :grin: You are a kidder dude:grin: :grin: Personaly i dont go over 71mph at all, what so ever....ever:thumbsup:
I agree with your post wholeheartedly! It might be misconstrued if one was to post an actual pic!!!:wink3: :wink3: :wink3:

As for speeding, Chaa's right, and a most responsible chap!:thumbsup:

BTW Chaa, have you still got that 6 inch nail buried in your speedo, the one that stops the needle going all the way round??:grin: :grin: :grin:

ferrari-spider
16-11-2005, 09:46 PM
:grin: :grin: Indeed:grin: :grin:

456gtman
16-11-2005, 11:26 PM
C'mon Andy - lets see those speedos (ooeer missus) - or should we say UFO :shocked:
No speedo pics matey, just two high speed witnesses playing tag down the road with me (you know who I mean!! The usual two desperados).:grin:
On a bad note Steve sold his Gallardo on monday:cry3: so we're one car down until he gets a replacement:thumbsdow
On a more positive note that means the B*****d won't be overtaking me at 190+:thumbsup:
I've tried taking pics on my phone but the image is crap and out of focus at night, and its not much fun at that speed trying to alter phone settings so I don't bother:wink3:

456gtman
16-11-2005, 11:30 PM
And quite right. I only did these speeds on a rolling road at the back of my garage officer (honest).
On a more serious note, please make sure no one posts pics as we did have an issue on the other side with this.

Davey S2
16-11-2005, 11:31 PM
160 in a 456 GTA at Bruntingthorpe last year. Just changed into 4th and still pulling strong but ran out of room :thumbsdow

Back there on Sunday with the Pistonheads boys in the Exige (a piffling 143) but one of the fastest around the bends :thumbsup:

456gtman
16-11-2005, 11:37 PM
160 in a 456 GTA at Bruntingthorpe last year. Just changed into 4th and still pulling strong but ran out of room :thumbsdow

Back there on Sunday with the Pistonheads boys in the Exige (a piffling 143) but one of the fastest around the bends :thumbsup:
Should have left the old man behind Davey, less weight:grin:

Hazy
17-11-2005, 10:01 AM

Make sure you come and say hello then dude :D:D:D

Davey S2
17-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Make sure you come and say hello then dude :D:D:D

I will mate. You can take me for a spin in your mobile tub of Zymol :grin: