PDA

View Full Version : One of the hardest things i have done in my whole life.

ferrari-spider
17-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Now i have done some challenging s hit in my life time, the Royal Marine training down Lympstone, the close protection I.P.B.A training, anti terror training, meeting Angelis, and no holds bared fighting. BUT last night i sat through Chris Reas "La Passionie", its a film about a small boys obsession with ferrari. I have been told that its a long and hard film, but no amount of training could have ever prepered me for this bloody exscuse for a w anky long boring film:thumbsdow A wasted opotunity for a good ferrari film me thinks:thumbsdow
I know Chris rea is a big ferrari fan and has a good selection of ferrari cars, but for crying out loud man!!
Is there anyone in the world that has seen this film and who likes it?? I have lasted all these years with out seeing it and what utter rubish:thumbsdow
MB: My two sons have not seen it yet and realy want to. I cant put them through that:( Its not right:(

stevew
17-11-2005, 12:54 PM
MB: My two sons have not seen it yet and realy want to. I cant put them through that:( Its not right:(

wait until they've been naughty and use it as a punishment :grin:

F1RGY
17-11-2005, 01:34 PM
wait until they've been naughty and use it as a punishment :grin:

You know i have seen it twenty times love the music, I know your setting me up cos i told you about the film I have the musicassete and cd as well Tell you what Chaa i will buy it off you incase i wear mine out hahahahahahahahahahah.

PS i told you it was hard work to follow :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let the children see it dont deprive them m8 hahahahahha

ferrari-spider
17-11-2005, 01:37 PM
:laugh: :laugh: your a strange man Ray:laugh: :laugh:

F1RGY
17-11-2005, 02:13 PM
One thing i did forget Chaa , i have the original film poster as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

francisn
17-11-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm ALMOST with you on this one Ray. I've got teh video and the CD, like some of the tracks, love the bits of the film with the cars in them, but the plot (so called) is pretty dire. I just fast forward to the next car bit :-)

burriana
17-11-2005, 02:52 PM
One thing i did forget Chaa , i have the original film poster as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

However, you should've put the picture rail higher or the phone lower Ray ;)

Is it that bad? and how long is it?

As a comparison, I thought the English Patient was superb, though a lot of people consider it to be long and boring.

F1RGY
17-11-2005, 03:19 PM
However, you should've put the picture rail higher or the phone lower Ray ;)

Is it that bad? and how long is it?

As a comparison, I thought the English Patient was superb, though a lot of people consider it to be long and boring.

I must say it aint the best i suppose its around an hour and half ,if your not a hardcore Rea fan you could loose the will to live half way through. Its a bit disjointed and as Francis says hard to follow There is one song that makes me cringe when Chris sings to Shirley Bassey "Shirley do you own a Ferrari "its absolutley terrible Still i do watch and listen from time to time .:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

francisn
17-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Yes Ray, Do you Own a Ferrari is horrendous.

I do like the La Passione theme and also "Girl in a sports Car" Nice reference to a Lusso.

Chris Rea is really passionate about Ferraris. I've met him a couple of times and he is a really genuine bloke.

Ray - did you ever race against him in the PMFC?

F355GTS
17-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Chaa

I totally agree, what a disappointment the only good bit is seeing (albeit a recreation) a Sharknose in action :)

rmdferrari
17-11-2005, 08:41 PM
I bought this load of bollox about 4 years ago 'cos I like Chris Rea and admired the 156 sharknose he had built. The film rates alongside Nightmare on Elm St Pt4 on the usless scale....I too cringed at the "Shirley, do you own a Ferrari..." drama. Bag'O $hite

barabus
17-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Now i have done some challenging s hit in my life time, the Royal Marine training down Lympstone, the close protection I.P.B.A training, anti terror training, meeting Angelis, and no holds bared fighting. BUT last night i sat through Chris Reas "La Passionie", its a film about a small boys obsession with ferrari. I have been told that its a long and hard film, but no amount of training could have ever prepered me for this bloody exscuse for a w anky long boring film:thumbsdow A wasted opotunity for a good ferrari film me thinks:thumbsdow
I know Chris rea is a big ferrari fan and has a good selection of ferrari cars, but for crying out loud man!!
Is there anyone in the world that has seen this film and who likes it?? I have lasted all these years with out seeing it and what utter rubish:thumbsdow

Chaa thanks very much for the offer of lending me the film but after what you and others have described, save the postage I wont bother:embarasse

F1RGY
17-11-2005, 10:29 PM
I bought this load of bollox about 4 years ago 'cos I like Chris Rea and admired the 156 sharknose he had built. The film rates alongside Nightmare on Elm St Pt4 on the usless scale....I too cringed at the "Shirley, do you own a Ferrari..." drama. Bag'O $hite

Harsh but fair :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Steve
17-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Anybody else find Chris Rea an irritating pile of runny *****?

Angelis
17-11-2005, 10:39 PM

I used to like his music years ago.... have'nt heard of him for ages.

francisn
17-11-2005, 10:45 PM

Now that is a bit unfair

Mock his film, mock his music, but don't mock the man
:thumbsdow

Angelis
17-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Now that is a bit unfair

I agree. Why mock him when there's easy targets like Hud9son & Hazy.

:laugh:

Steve
17-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Now that is a bit unfair

Hey, I can't help it if I find him irritating.

And I remember him saying in an interview once that he had no interest in Ferrari road cars, and said pretty disparaging things about the 'poseurs' who owned them, so I'm sure it's pretty mutual.

barabus
17-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Now that is a bit unfair

Your being too sensitive again there Franky, oh sorry Francis:grin:

francisn
17-11-2005, 11:08 PM
It's a very tough learning curve!

barabus
17-11-2005, 11:10 PM
It's a very tough learning curve!

Your Not Saint Francis are you??

francisn
17-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Might be :cry:

ferrari-spider
17-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Bloody hell are you two going to get married:laugh:

francisn
17-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Bloody well hope not. My missus would kill me :-)

burriana
17-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Bloody well hope not. My missus would kill me :-)

aha! He said "bloody" ... that's nearly swearing, he's getting there ;) :D

And actually, there is one song of Chris Rea's that is right up in my top faves, although i can never remember, or work out how to pronounce it ... it sounds something like "Giverny" with a soft G as in Gervais!

And it's not on his greatest hits either, most annoying.

F355GTS
18-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Al

you have mail

well assuming it'll take a 6Mb file :)