PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Locked out…

t1grm
19-11-2005, 12:39 PM
…sort of.

The battery in my 360 is flat after a fortnight standing. Not a problem as such because I have jump leads and another car except… the jump leads are in the luggage compartment of the 360 and the battery doesn’t have enough power to pop the lid.

So if anyone knows of a manual release for the luggage compartment please PM me. DON’T post it on a public forum :)

Unless anyone has any other suggestions apart from buying another set of jump leads?

t1grm
19-11-2005, 12:49 PM
OK I've sussed it. I think. :)

KenC
19-11-2005, 06:36 PM
OK I've sussed it. I think. :)

If not post again. I can tell you how to release it manually. Are you aware that there is also a switch in the luggage compartment that turns off unnessesary electrical useage and keeps the battery drain to a minimum?

t1grm
19-11-2005, 08:59 PM
If not post again. I can tell you how to release it manually. Are you aware that there is also a switch in the luggage compartment that turns off unnessesary electrical useage and keeps the battery drain to a minimum?

Cheers Ken. I found the manual release instructions (on a dealers web page would you believe) and all is well now. Went out for a 2 hour blast this afternoon. Just to get some charge back in the battery you understand :D

Yes I read about the switch but didn't plan on leaving it parked that long and just didn't get round to switching it off. I will use it all the time in future.

spidermanUK
19-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Went out for a 2 hour blast this afternoon. Just to get some charge back in the battery you understand :D

Yes I read about the switch but didn't plan on leaving it parked that long and just didn't get round to switching it off. I will use it all the time in future.
The batteries on 360's are pants, stupid Gel batteries! Your best bet is to get a decent charger/conditioner and connect it if you aren't going to use the car for a few days! Mine goes flat in about 2 weeks, and I was told by my dealer that it's normal!:thumbsdow

t1grm
19-11-2005, 09:15 PM
The batteries on 360's are pants, stupid Gel batteries! Your best bet is to get a decent charger/conditioner and connect it if you aren't going to use the car for a few days! Mine goes flat in about 2 weeks, and I was told by my dealer that it's normal!:thumbsdow

No power in the garage so it looks like I'll have to make do with switching the master switch off. :cry:

steve f
19-11-2005, 09:20 PM
you can get a solar charger

ric355
19-11-2005, 10:02 PM

Indeed you can:

http://www.airflow-uk.com/solar-battery-charger-uk.htm

t1grm
19-11-2005, 10:03 PM

It's in an underground car park beneath a block of apartments.

I'm not being deliberatley awkward. Honest! :)

ric355
19-11-2005, 10:08 PM

What you need is a solar inverter. These change the solar panel so that it generates electricity from darkness instead of light. I have one, it works a treat.

GrahamS
19-11-2005, 10:09 PM

You'll be needing one of these instead then

steve f
19-11-2005, 10:18 PM

well get one with a long wire :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

t1grm
19-11-2005, 10:27 PM
LOL @ the last three posts :D

F355GTS
19-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Gary

problem is hte immobilsor (which drains the battery) is still drawing a large chunk even with the power switch off, you will probably need another battery now anyway if yours was fully drained, they don't like that and never recharge properly again,

2 hour blast will give the battery around a 25% charge so expect it to be flat again by Wednesday!

You really need to get a conditioner on it :thumbsup:

t1grm
20-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Right, back to this switch then.

Someone please help me before I put a brick through the window of my P & J. I’ve just spent half an hour in the garage shouting expletives that I never knew existed. :mad:

How do I switch off the power and lock the car without triggering the alarm?

If I switch off the power before locking the car then I can’t lock the car because there’s no power. :mad:

If I switch off the power after locking the car then the alarm triggers presumably because the luggage compartment door is open. :mad:

So how do I do it? :cry3:

F355GTS
20-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Gary

the only way is to disable the battery and lock the car with the Key, not the remote, that should work

Kam
20-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Maybe completely wrong but I thought the switch in the front was the battery disconnect which basically kills power to everything.

Mine went flat after 2 week of no use but it’s been fine since and I only get to use the car at the weekends so it normally sits for 6 to 7 days without use.

Regarding the use of the master kill switch, make sure you've got all your alarm and stereo codes before using it. Here's what I've been told but maybe worth checking with a dealer.

Open the car using key fob and wait for the alarm to immobilise

Open the bonnet and activate the master kill and shut the bonnet

Lock the door using the key

When you go back to the car you have to use the key to open the door and the window will not drop so be carefull when opening. Use the manual release for the bonnet and turn on the master switch.

Make sure you leave the car running for 10 mins to let the ECU's establish basic parameters before using the car.

Hope this is right and helps, if not please ignore and someone tell me what I'm doing wrong :grin:

t1grm
20-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Gary

the only way is to disable the battery and lock the car with the Key, not the remote, that should work

Yes but then the window doesn't go up leaving a gap.

t1grm
20-11-2005, 08:44 PM
make sure you've got all your alarm and stereo codes before using it.

Yes I found that out the hard way too. I hope I've got the codes somewhere.

360trev
20-11-2005, 10:02 PM
…sort of.

The battery in my 360 is flat after a fortnight standing. Not a problem as such because I have jump leads and another car except… the jump leads are in the luggage compartment of the 360 and the battery doesn’t have enough power to pop the lid.

So if anyone knows of a manual release for the luggage compartment please PM me. DON’T post it on a public forum :)

Unless anyone has any other suggestions apart from buying another set of jump leads?

If you subscribe to the official ferrari owners club (I did this last week) you can freely download an electrical PDF copy of the owners manual (which I assume is in the car, LoL!). In there it describes all the manual overrides for everything including electrically operated front bonnet and fuel filler cap!

Trev

Kam
20-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Yes but then the window doesn't go up leaving a gap.

Shut the door and let the window seal before you shut the master off. Then shut the bonnet and lock the car with the key. works for me.

Just make sure everything is shut (except the bonnet:grin:) before you turn the master off.

360trev
20-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Shut the door and let the window seal before you shut the master off. Then shut the bonnet and lock the car with the key. works for me.

Just make sure everything is shut (except the bonnet:grin:) before you turn the master off.

Remember this disables the factory alarm from the battery! (how long does battery backup last?) Read the owners manual!

Kam
21-11-2005, 01:00 AM
The alternative is to use the car :thumbsup:

t1grm
28-11-2005, 11:32 AM
OK sussed it, pop luggage compartment, shut door, turn off power, shut luggage compartment, lock door with key. For some reason I had it in my head that I had to have the door open when turning off the power. Derrrr…

Sorry I’m a bit thick.