PDA

View Full Version : Ian Wright....

tonyh
20-11-2005, 10:19 PM
even though he played for Arsenal, not a bad bloke. On the Top Gear track 2nite , he was a man possessed :shocked:

355fiorano
20-11-2005, 10:21 PM
And he thought the 355 was the best too :thumbsup:

steve f
20-11-2005, 10:22 PM
yes footballers are brain dead :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hud
20-11-2005, 10:22 PM
missed it again. any chance of getting a tg warning to flash up every sun at 8pm on here?:cry: :cry:

tonyh
20-11-2005, 10:23 PM
missed it again. any chance of getting a tg warning to flash up every sun at 8pm on here?:cry: :cry:

It's on again m8, Tuesday @ 7.00 pm

Hud
20-11-2005, 10:24 PM
It's on again m8, Tuesday @ 7.00 pm

and a warning for then too:grin: :grin:

Stewart 430 Scud
20-11-2005, 10:24 PM
even though he played for Arsenal, not a bad bloke. On the Top Gear track 2nite , he was a man possessed :shocked:

RS4 looks awesome, i feel a purchase comming on.

Hud
20-11-2005, 10:25 PM

bang one out m8:grin:

tonyh
20-11-2005, 10:25 PM

Great minds think alike. Pls let me know if you're selling RS6

http://www.zindagi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=809

S11EPS
20-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Any wonder Wrighty smashed up his 360 spider if that was representative of his driving??!!

My network card for my TIVO arrives this week, so will be able to transfer recorded programmes onto PC's/laptops, so will be able to email anyone missed episodes of TG!!

Stewart 430 Scud
20-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Great minds think alike. Pls let me know if you're selling RS6

http://www.zindagi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=809

Will be calling Audi for a test drive. Will let you know about the RS6 afterwards.

Jonny5
20-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Any wonder Wrighty smashed up his 360 spider if that was representative of his driving??!!

My network card for my TIVO arrives this week, so will be able to transfer recorded programmes onto PC's/laptops, so will be able to email anyone missed episodes of TG!!

have got said facility, episodes are a bit big to email !

Angelis
20-11-2005, 10:44 PM
have got said facility, episodes are a bit big to email !

What file size are they?

barabus
20-11-2005, 10:55 PM

.........and the 360 was "TWITCHY":shocked:

Well ....Is it?????

francisn
20-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Actually an amazing TV motoring evening.

A1GP on Skysports 2 at 7.00. Some really great racing p- if you aren't uyp to speed with it then you should be!!. Then flipping between that and TG from 8, trying to catch best of both, then the speed record thing on BBC2, now the DeLorean story on BBC4.

Almost too much for one evening (so my wife tells me - I had to dip out for a bit to teach her how to use Apple Address Book to do her Xmas Card labels list :-( )

ferrari-spider
20-11-2005, 11:23 PM
.........and the 360 was "TWITCHY":shocked:

Well ....Is it?????After we crashed the 360 in Portagul last year coming out of a corner:cry3: Yes the 360 is :grin: twitchy.
And Ian is a good dude, trust me:wink3: He bought a property from my boss two years ago.

barabus
20-11-2005, 11:28 PM
After we crashed the 360 in Portagul last year coming out of a corner:cry3: Yes the 360 is :grin: twitchy.
And Ian is a good dude, trust me:wink3: He bought a property from my boss two years ago.

Ah, So, 360's are Twitchy

Wrighty is a good dude

Chaa's boss is a property tycoon:grin:

RIOT OK
20-11-2005, 11:32 PM
**** me! And i thought somebody loved me not that poxy name sake of a footballer. How many time have i heard "ian Wright Wright Wright". :cry3:

Davey S2
20-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I dont believe that lap time at all. It was one of the messiest laps I have ever seen. He was understeering so much his tyres must have been bald.

Getting fed up of the 'star' in a reasonably priced car now. They need to think of something else.

tom
21-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Will be calling Audi for a test drive. Will let you know about the RS6 afterwards.
It's meant to be fantastic Stewart. After looking into it since our conversation about a possible RS3 it seems there are rumours, too... A nice replacement for my car perhaps.

360trev
21-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Ah, So, 360's are Twitchy

Wrighty is a good dude

Chaa's boss is a property tycoon:grin:

The 360 isn't twitchy, it just doesn't suffer fools :)

Actually I was surprised how much focus and attention you have to give to drive a 360 properly. You cannot just mash your foot into the carpet like on most cars available today (if you do it will go sideways in damp or frozen conditions, trust me I know :) ).

You have to 'feel' the level of grip available and be smooth with the controls, the smoother the better. Frantic actions don't do the car justice, its a proper 'drivers' car and I am loving it!

T

Pauli
21-11-2005, 01:19 AM

Actually I was surprised how much focus and attention you have to give to drive a 360 properly. You cannot just mash your foot into the carpet like on most cars available today (if you do it will go sideways in damp or frozen conditions, trust me I know :) ).

You have to 'feel' the level of grip available and be smooth with the controls, the smoother the better. Frantic actions don't do the car justice, its a proper 'drivers' car and I am loving it!

T

So true, my 360 did catch you out on an odd occasion as I drove it all year and was used to just throwing my rangie into anything with it's big V8 and mega traction so it was like chalk and cheese but lots of fun when you knew the limits after a while.

woza
21-11-2005, 11:14 AM
i thought ian wright was great last night, what a character and has a good taste in cars!

Agreed though that the star in a reasonably priced car is getting a bit old now!

Woza.

ferrari-spider
21-11-2005, 01:08 PM
So t wat ya calling me a fool ey, i will remember that.

Jules
21-11-2005, 01:26 PM
I dont believe that lap time at all. It was one of the messiest laps I have ever seen. He was understeering so much his tyres must have been bald.

Getting fed up of the 'star' in a reasonably priced car now. They need to think of something else.

Davey

I'm with you on that! Entertainment factor - he won hands down, but as for the times, I thought no way, unless that is, everyone else above him was crap - and how would wrighty know if the 360 was twitchy?

You know haven't we seen all of this before? 348 get's replaced by 355 - 348's handling referred to as twitchy, 430 now established - and heh guess what ?- 360 referred to as twitchy!!

Pauli
21-11-2005, 01:53 PM
I now disagree with 360trev:grin:

ferrari-spider
21-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Na im just f cuking with him:thumbsup:

ferrari-spider
21-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Davey

I'm with you on that! Entertainment factor - he won hands down, but as for the times, I thought no way, unless that is, everyone else above him was crap - and how would wrighty know if the 360 was twitchy?

You know haven't we seen all of this before? 348 get's replaced by 355 - 348's handling referred to as twitchy, 430 now established - and heh guess what ?- 360 referred to as twitchy!!We also have to remember that Jodie Kid did the fastest lap with out taking any racing lines what so ever. As they say stranger things happen at sea:wink3:

Hazy
21-11-2005, 02:28 PM

[B.A. Baracus voice ON] I pity the fool who calls Chaa a fool,fool [B.A.Baracus voice OFF] :D:D:D

Hazy
21-11-2005, 02:31 PM

I agree, the key to a fast lap in that pile of junk has to be keep the speed up coz it has no acceleration, he scrubbed off so much speed entering the bends too fast, he CANT have posted that lap time IMHO. I wished he would have stuck it on its roof tho', that would have been top drawer entertainment
:D:D:D

Jas
21-11-2005, 03:54 PM

Agreed! I was convinced he would be slow. He understeered everywhere and must have scrubbed off so much speed, as opposed to carrying it through the bends.

Top Gear lap times, including the Stig's, are all BS.

And Wrighty came off as a wealthy Chav. Not at all impressed by his uninsured, unlicensed antics.

tonyh
21-11-2005, 04:06 PM
And Wrighty came off as a wealthy Chav. Not at all impressed by his uninsured, unlicensed antics.

Ian wright IS a wealthy chav and doesn't try and hide it. The boy's done good as far as i'm concerned.

steve f
21-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Agreed!
at least he is truthful and not ashamed about his past unlike others that reckon they are squeaky clean little angels

Hazy
21-11-2005, 04:11 PM
at least he is truthful and not ashamed about his past unlike others that reckon they are squeaky clean little angelis

oooohh......do tell, whats he done now??? :D:D:D

steve f
21-11-2005, 04:15 PM
oooohh......do tell, whats he done now??? :D:D:D
hey thats my trade mark changing the quotes :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hazy
21-11-2005, 04:28 PM
hey thats a skid mark just changing my shorts :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

errrgh.....nasty :D:D:D

Bromers
21-11-2005, 11:04 PM
He's a funny guy that Wrighty :laugh:

Thought TG was pretty good last night.

Liked the RS4 but there wasn't much 'sideways' movement - not your style Stewart !!

Wonder if the 'star in a car' car is getting quicker generally - what car is it ???

Rick

360trev
21-11-2005, 11:05 PM

heh, ofcourse not :)

I am surprised how 'intimidating' the 360 is to drive, the skyline was a breeze compared to this :)

I do remember my old MR2 Turbo's being quite lary though! I had 3 of them in all, the last one being quite a special car, a race prepped (by Toyota Racing Developments themselves) TRD2000GT with over 500bhp. A *nuts* car, nothing like it! Just amazed that as a 'kit' car it cost me less than 300 pa to insure! crazy but true!

T

ferrari-spider
21-11-2005, 11:09 PM
One of the best Jap cars i had was a 98/99 300ZX twin turbo, tuned by the zcenter in nottingham to over 500bhp. Loved that car but my sons were getting to big for the rear seats:cry3: