PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear programme reminders

Hazy
21-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I reckon it would be a good idea to have some programme reminders scrolling across the top of the page say, 10 minutes before TG, 5th Gear etc starts. Graham said he can do it but wants to know if we all want it or not??

spidermanUK
21-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I reckon it would be a good idea to have some programme reminders scrolling across the top of the page say, 10 minutes before TG, 5th Gear etc starts. Graham said he can do it but wants to know if we all want it or not??
Why not just press the series link key on your Sky+ remote? then you never have to be reminded, can watch when you want, and fast forward the adverts!:huh: :huh: :huh:

tom
21-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Why not just press the series link key on your Sky+ remote? then you never have to be reminded, can watch when you want, and fast forward the adverts!:huh: :huh: :huh:
Not all of us are posh enough to have Sky+.

Mine's excellent though.

F328GTS
21-11-2005, 05:08 PM
:thumbsup: Agreed.

spidermanUK
21-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Not all of us are posh enough to have Sky+.

Mine's excellent though.
Tom

I concede that,but if you were a wealthy Midlands based transport mogul, I think you'd probably stretch to the 49 it costs!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.sky.com/ordersky/equipment/skyplus

Nicola
21-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Set a reminder on your own computer or mobile.

I think it is easy to remember a programme that is on at the same time each week.

A more appropriate one would be a reminder telling users they have been online too long and that it is time to do some work/get back to the other half.

p.s. Christmas day is on the 25th December.

:p

tom
21-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Tom

I concede that,but if you were a wealthy Midlands based transport mogul, I think you'd probably stretch to the 49 it costs!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.sky.com/ordersky/equipment/skyplus
:laugh:

Not laughing at Hazy's mogul status, the phrase just raised a smile

Hud
21-11-2005, 05:17 PM
yep brill idea for me. get distracted by kids, work, wife and car and usually end up missing it. dont have sky or skyplus, cos im never at home to watch it. just have some of those freeview boxes.

Pauli
21-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Sky+....sorry mate I'm not unemployed!!:laugh:

spidermanUK
21-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Sky+....sorry mate I'm not unemployed!!:laugh:
Well get yourself out of a job sharpish mate!

Coming on here showing off how you've got a job!!!:chainsaw: :mexicanwa

GrahamS
21-11-2005, 05:42 PM
I may be able to add a setting in the user options control panel to disable all such banners, should the majority vote that they want them.
Don't hold me to this though because it would be serious head scratching time to link it all together, but I'll do it if I can!

ferrari-spider
21-11-2005, 05:42 PM
There have been many times when there has been ferrari related stuf on the TV and i have come on forum to let you know its on right now. The SKY + did not help ya there did it:wink3:

Steve
21-11-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm in favour, though it will make us look very parochial.

Hazy
22-11-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm in favour, though it will make us look very parochial.

WTF does that mean????????????????????????

GrahamS
22-11-2005, 12:02 AM
WTF does that mean????????????????????????
Like we're one big village.

Hazy
22-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Like we're one big village.

one big family....cool.....:D:D:D

Hud90n can be Mom :thumbsup:

Klint
22-11-2005, 12:05 AM
My vote is in.

Good idea but is it feasible?

GrahamS
22-11-2005, 12:11 AM
My vote is in.

Good idea but is it feasible?
It can be done but I'm not sure there's a way of restricting it to UK users. Would look a bit silly if somebody logs in from Australia and there's a banner telling him that Top Gear is on in 5 minutes

I can query if a user's time zone is set to GMT but that's no cast iron guarantee

Hud
22-11-2005, 09:00 AM
It can be done but I'm not sure there's a way of restricting it to UK users. Would look a bit silly if somebody logs in from Australia and there's a banner telling him that Top Gear is on in 5 minutes

I can query if a user's time zone is set to GMT but that's no cast iron guarantee

surely the aussies would realise they were in the uk section

spidermanUK
22-11-2005, 11:47 AM
surely the aussies would realise they were in the uk section
There isn't a UK section, you're thinking of an inferior site, we are the global village personified (well computerified actually):smile: :smile: :smile:

ric355
22-11-2005, 11:57 AM
I think we should avoid too many bells and whistles and I agree with whoever posted earlier - use a TV guide. And if you miss top gear, drop me a PM and I'll download it for you or tell you how to get hold of it.

Ric.

rmdferrari
22-11-2005, 12:58 PM
I'd go with the yes votes if it would be possible to have the option of turning it off or minimising.