Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Recent content by Qavion

1. Q

456GTA M Pop-up Headlights Fail

There are 3 different earths (2 for the headlight pods and one for the wiper module)
  2. Q

456GTA M Pop-up Headlights Fail

As mentioned on fchat, there are actually 3 fuses and 3 relays for the pop up headlights. The third relay and fuse control the other power relays/fuses. If both lights are affected, it's more likely a problem with these. The third fuse also powers the horn, so that fuse is easy to check. Relay...
  3. Q

F430 key remote only works when cover is off

Do you mean there is no response at all... no chirps, flashing lights or unlocking/locking? Or is the car just not de-immobilising? I had an old fob for my F355 which required the stuffiing of a folded piece of paper on one side of the battery to get the battery to sit in the right spot. Or...
  4. Q

F430 Spider (MY08) - Passenger Airbag Switch

The car probably has provisional wiring for the switch (i.e. a 2-pin plug hanging in the breeze), but you'd probably have to cut a hole in the dash to fit it. Or you could have a home made hidden mount. Here's what the other side of the switch looks like with its plug (and pink and purple...
  5. Q

how do I turn over the 360 without the engine starting

The immobiliser enables the start relay ... or if you have an F1, the F1 TCU enables the start relay after its logic has been satisfied (if the immobiliser has also given the ok). Pulling the fuel pump relays should do the job. The injectors probably won't open due to insufficient fuel rail...
  6. Q

355 HVAC airflow control not working

Chip #5 if you don't want to change all the IC's. Siemens TCA2465G Mini heatsinks are recommended: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WR3S8CZ?
  7. Q

Wits end ! - F355 reverse gear gone AWOL.

Probably best left to the experts to sort out. Just too many pieces to break. If you can't adjust it externally, then it must be something internal. Just to clarify... the gearstick is going into the reverse slot? It's just not engaging?
  8. Q

Ferrari 458 Italia, Starting Problem ????

Here's part of the start circuit, but it's not very clear: The DCT system controls the start relay T43 behind the left hand seat (separate light blue relay) The Start pushbutton probably talks to the DCT system on a CAN Bus. If start reqirements are satisfied, then the DCT TCU energises the...
  9. Q

It seems that there are variations between 458's. Here are some shots of my Owner's Manual (slightly different to the WSM). In my version, relay T43 is shown, but no function is assigned to it. R1 and R2 are mentioned, but not shown in the photo. R1 and R2 (or R2 & R3) seem to be optional...
  10. Q

I see there are also these relays behind the glovebox. Is one of these relays the one you removed? The first one just cuts out certain systems during start to reduce the load on the battery. I suppose this could cause difficult starts. Also, if the battery is not difficult to get to, make...
  11. Q

I don't understand the symptoms and it's basically impossible to make a diagnosis when we have no wiring diagrams. The control side of the relays seems to be responding to the signals all the time (i.e. the control side is ok). You can hear the starter solenod attempting to engage. There is...
  12. Q

550 fuse blowing

Which fuse exactly? F22? F22 powers the radio and the AC Compressor only. I would be checking the AC compressor clutch first before throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Pull the AC compressor relay and see if the fuse remains un-blown. (EDIT: For clarity, I probably should have marked...
  13. Q

360 - turning over engine without starting it

What were you considering doing to knobble the ignition or fuel system? If you pulled the fuel pump relays, the ECUs might see that the relay had been removed (as it wouldn't be able to detect relay coil resistance). There are no fuel pump fuses per-se. The fuses which power the pumps also...
  14. Q

348 door rewiring

As you say, your passenger plug more resembles the passenger plug on the LHD car, so the wiring harnesses have probably been reversed. Here's a comparison: Only pin 1 (white wire) and that large brown wire on pin 13 seems to be different. I've reversed your photo of the plug with the wiring...
  15. Q

348 door rewiring

Here's a graphic of the driver's door plug (LHS) shown from the socket side (with two reported variations) Here is yours (although I can't make out a few of the wires). Maybe you could list your colours as per the numbering system (horizontal rows, right to left and down) to see which...