Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. giles

Giles’ 488 Scrapbook

Hi Folks, With encouragement from various sources, I finally took the brave pill and had a go at removing that god awful carbon wrap from my mirrors…… Super happy with the result, there are a couple of usual stone chip type marks, but nothing substantial and most importantly it has revealed...
  2. giles

Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

Hi Folks, I was only thinking the other day that I haven’t had a failure in ages…. but then my handbrake cable snapped: Should be an easy fix, probably wait to when it’s in for the service. It should look like this…. although the passenger’s side still looks pretty grotty, so will probably...
  3. giles

H&R 488 Lowering Springs

Hi Folks, These springs are still available (y) Cheers, Giles
  4. giles

Giles’ 488 Scrapbook

The mirrors are a classic example of people thinking they know better than the highly paid design team that put together the vehicles in the first place. Take a look at these mirrors, who in their right mind would conclude they look better than the original condition? Miss-match of carbon effect...
  5. giles

Giles’ 488 Scrapbook

Hi Folks, I’ve just loaded my 488 to the Ferrari App, if you have not got this app, I would recommend it as it gives you the spec as left the factory and also details of recall campaigns etc… I think because my 488 is an Atelier car on the Ferrari app there are photos of my specific 488 in...
  6. giles

Out and about with the 360 today…. Lovely 1961 250 GT/E At C&M near Stratford I think it’s time to switch the wheels tyres back to the summer set now, might get this done this weekend 👍 Switching the wheels and tyres over will tell me if the steering or geometry is an issue or just...
  7. giles

Just hosed off (with a variable spray nozzle set to give a mid to fine spray pattern) prior to towel drying, where is my geek emoji face when I need it?! Point being, the whole bonnet got the same hose condition, but the Collinite wax keeps beading like a fresh coat. Played with the mobile edit...
  8. giles

After washing the 360 the difference between the Collinite wax and the Carlack Complete wax is very clear now…. Collinite: Carlack Complete: Cheers, Giles
  9. giles

Amazingly the following day’s heavy morning down pour pretty much rinsed off all the salt, including the wheels, still needs a wash but it’s no where near as bad/horrific/embarrassing! 😂 The following morning it looked like this…. I guess that is the wax in action, enabling the salt and grime...
  10. giles

Out and about in the Scottish Highlands…. Anyone for a pair of salty tips? At Glenshee ski, not enough snow for the skiers today…. From there we drove out to Inverness then down to Loch Ness, great drive, fab scenery and lots of average speed cameras, pretty much the whole of the A9...
  11. giles

In Scotland with the 360 at the Lake of Menteith in Stirling. Luggage space again proves to be plenty! Tomorrow we are off to what I believe is the U.K.’s highest road at Glenshee, the A93 Old Military Road and then on to Loch Ness. Cheers, Giles
  12. giles

New 488 owner

Love the seats with that centre red stripe, just need the baggy Ferrari red seat covers to hide them, hahaa! :D Great looking car, hope the dry weather rolls round quickly, 6 weeks and the clocks go forward! Yippe! Cheers, Giles
  13. giles

Hiya Mark, Yes, that’s my double carport, aka tent in the front garden! Connie just loves seeing these every time we get home! (Head in hands emoji!) The company to use is Gala-Tents and you are looking for their biggest diameter frame Pro 50 or such like. Essentially it is the most expensive...
  14. giles

Today, just your usual tip run in your usual tip run car! 😆 The front luggage compartment on the 360 is good for 40 litres of used engine oil, perfect! With the occasional overnight frost we have had plenty of salt down on the roads so the car has been pretty filthy lately. So as soon as I...
  15. giles

I understand there is a Lepsons in the south too, although not sure if they have the same prices as the Wolverhampton unit. Regarding the quality of the refurb, these wheels will be Spring, Summer and Autumn only so no real chance to test the finish to a full-on British winter. Cheers, Giles
  16. giles

Yes, I would like to run only the OEM Pirelli P-Zero’s but they couldn’t get them, they batch build and when I needed them they didn’t have any. So this set is what came off the second set of alloys I bought (well 3 are, 1 tyre I had to buy to match the other budget rear tyre). My intention is...
  17. giles

Hi Folks, Today I picked up my set of summer wheels and tyres after getting refurbished at Lepsons in Wolverhampton. First impressions are very good, the finish is excellent with only the most minor of inclusions or variability in cosmetic appearance. The cost was £280 plus £10 to scrap my spent...
  18. giles

Hi Folks, I’ve done a few miles now on the winter tyres. Initial impressions are good. Instantly could notice the much more compliant ride (I guess softer sidewalls?) and much quieter on the road. So NVH is a big plus. They appear to grip well at cold temps although slip can be easily induced...
  19. giles

Today I have taken my summer (original) set of wheels in for refurb to Lepsons in Wolverhampton. They offer a basic 2 stage powered coat then lacquer finish £50/wheel (special offer up till the end of Jan) or the 3 stage, powder coat, wet paint then lacquer OEM finish for £70/wheel. In addition...
  20. giles

Ifthe rims have tyres on which of course they remove and refit it’s an extra £10. So essentially my new mail order tyres which were about £50 each cheaper on line cost me £10 each to fit, saving £40 per wheel, so using man -maths, that means the refurb was essentially free 🤣 Summer set gets...