Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. M

F430 New owner diary inc. maintenance & upgrades

Oh! Thanks Pete for the heads up. I'm using image tags like this: (without the spaces)
  2. M

Our route into Switzerland was via the Mont-Blanc tunnel, as this would save us a little bit of time. It was still fairly chilly at altitude - very different to France earlier that day. We arrived at the hotel later in the evening as I'd been distracted by a few nice back roads :) The kitchen...
  3. M

Catching up on some updates on a road trip into Europe. We left around 5am to catch the LeShuttle. The UK roads were pleasantly clear. Obligatory Reims-Gueux shot. We went down through the Forêt d'Orient national park. It was absolutely sweltering so roof up during the midday sun - wife was...
  4. M

Trip prep part two of two. Water Pump This car has a penchant for providing surprises at inopportune times, which in fairness may sometimes be attributed to a lack of use, and this was likely one of those cases: a small pool of antifreeze on the inside of under tray one week before we were due...
  5. M

This post is part one of a two part maintenance log that was performed ahead of my recent trip. Without fail there is always something to attend to on this car. AC Service During the last road trip I noticed that vent temperature was not as low as it should be, so I decided to have the A/C...
  6. M

My wife and I are away in the car for a three week road trip. Currently in Tuscany. Approximately 1,400 miles in at the moment - a few issues to report, but lots of smiles. I'll update when home.
  7. M

That's a good point, Chris. I swapped to the earier ducts for improved sound, and I found the difference to be marked.
  8. M

A great spring day today. We went out for a pub lunch and an afternoon drive. My friend Gary kindly donated a set of 488 Challenge pads, so I'll swap those in to compare to the Scuderia pads.
  9. M

Service time at my local Ferrari main dealer. The car hasn't missed a single service in its lifetime, but thanks to COVID I was out of the country for most of 2020, and it missed the annual. I haven't actually driven the car since Feb 2000, so despite being around this year I was actually in two...
  10. M

The conclusion of my winter suspension maintenance: 2.44kg of sprung, and 1.01kg of unsprung weight saved. I wouldn't normally go in to such small detail, but when a maintenance job is required I will take the opportunity to optimise or improve whatever parts are involved. Wheel uprights...
  11. M

Front Suspension Refresh The suspension components take a beating in these cars. The Hill Engineering track rod ends were new only 7k miles ago, but poor road surfaces wear them out in no time. I put together a spare set of wishbones to make the swap easier with less time off of the road. I...
  12. M

Both spindles now finished. Final shot of them looking nice and shiny before I send them to be peened.
  13. M

Quick update - who doesn't love machined parts :) Grade 5 titanium round bar. One of the first parts to be finished.
  14. M

The drivers side door seal had split above the rear view mirror mount. I came up with the idea of repairing it with a bicycle inner tube repair kit. Some kits are available with a large patch of rubber rather than the little pads, so I got one of those and made a template of the top edge of...
  15. M

A bit of titivation. I fitted the aluminium guide brackets that I fabricated and painted. Before refitting the hood cover I replaced the anti-chafe vinyl stickers with some adhesive felt. And, finally, the panels aligned and refitted.
  16. M

Back on to something less interesting and another winter job to repaint the engine lid hinges. The engine lid is easy to remove but surprisingly heavy - I hope that my lexan screen will improve things here. Here is the offending article; it's the usual story of poor prep for the black painted...
  17. M

Of all the 130 kilograms so far lost the 24.97kg of unsprung weight is by far the most transformative, so whilst the suspension is apart I've done a small study on the unsprung assemblies to see what remaining parts can be weight optimised. There are some non-load-bearing fastenings that can...
  18. M

Suspension adjustment is finished. After accounting for driver ballast weight the final target measurements were as below: Left front 2.25 turns x 2.63mm = 5.92mm increase. New height: 116mm + 5.92mm = 121.92mm Right front 3 turns x 2.63mm = 7.89mm increase. New height: 115mm + 7.89mm =...
  19. M

Suspension Height Increase My goal is a height increase of 7mm. I knew from my previous measurements that the rake is within spec which means that I can adjust equally F&R. On Ferrarichat.com there is a very knowledgeable member with extensive experience of racing this platform, and thanks to...