What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

360 F1 Reverse selector handle has come off

Status
Not open for further replies.

t1grm

As the title says really. The T-Bar part of the reverse selector has come off. I can still select reverse using the stub OK. There is a loose screw sticking upwards out of the stub. I assume the stub is a hollow tube and I can just stick a small screwdriver up the tube and screw the T-Bar back on. The problem is how to get to the underside of the stub to stick a screwdriver up there. I can’t find an exploded diagram of this assembly on the Eurospares or Prosport websites. Can I just unto the four screws holding the F1 control panel onto the central tunnel and get to the underside of the stub from there? I don’t want to do this in case part of the assembly drops down from the inside of the tunnel and proves impossible to retrive.

Remove the 4 screws and just lift the switch from the console. There is an electrical connector to remove once it is free. At that point I have to confess I cannot tell you what to do. I know the screw you are in need of accessing is not exposed at that point. You will need to do some disassembly of the unit to get to it.

If you attempt it please let us know how it all works out.

OK done it. Here’s how:

Undo 4 large cross head screws holding unit onto central tunnel
Remove unit from central tunnel and pull off electrical connector
Pull back 8 plastic clips holding FRP plate onto the underside of the unit and remove the plate
Remove small cross head screw holding plastic casing onto alloy plate – hidden down the hole in the middle of the circuit board
Pull back 4 plastic clips holding plastic casing onto alloy plate – this is the tricky bit. You need to pull back all four clips simultaneously for the casing to come away and they spring back when you let go. I wedged screws underneath them to stop them springing back.
Pull plastic casing away from alloy face plate to reveal reverse lever mechanism still attached to face plate - take care mechanism does not come away at this stage as there is nothing holding it onto the face plate
Reattach T-bar and tighten cross head screw from underside of reverse lever mechanism
Reassemble unit in reverse (no pun intended) order of above

I will post some photos tonight.

As promised here are some photos. Sorry for the poor quality. I only had my phone available.

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 858
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 842
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 841
  • Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg