What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

CBT - Looking for 125 - any recommendations (new or used?)

amo

Hi All, I have just done my CBT and I want a 125 for least a year....get some practice in. Although I am really confused on what to go for...new or used....I don't want to spend crazy money....any recommendations? :huh:

Hi All, I have just done my CBT and I want a 125 for least a year....get some practice in. Although I am really confused on what to go for...new or used....I don't want to spend crazy money....any recommendations? :huh:

Personally I'd buy used as you won't keep it, might drop it and will have limited use in 12 months......Honda CBF125?

Personally I'd buy used as you won't keep it, might drop it and will have limited use in 12 months......Honda CBF125?

Hi Mike, I bought a used one in the end. Getting some practice in and hoping to do my license next year :thumbsup:

Hi Mike, I bought a used one in the end. Getting some practice in and hoping to do my license next year :thumbsup:

A wise decision...

Good luck......once it's in your blood it's hard to cure....[emoji106]

I'm back looking at BMW GS's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever thought about going the quick route and completing a DAS course? I have had a few goes on a 125 and must admit that I felt rather vulnerable. At least on a 500, other road users have more awareness about your presence. This is not including the nobheads who pull out claiming "sorry mate, never saw you".

I did think about it, but thought I need the practice of being on two wheels and going out when I like, rather then restricted to lessons. My bike for 125 is a big bike, so feels its got road presence and fast enough for me till I get more use to being on bike.

Absolutely loving it though guys :grin::grin::grin:

I did think about it, but thought I need the practice of being on two wheels and going out when I like, rather then restricted to lessons. My bike for 125 is a big bike, so feels its got road presence and fast enough for me till I get more use to being on bike.

Absolutely loving it though guys :grin::grin::grin:

My wife passed her CBT a couple of years ago and my advice was the same. Buy a 125 and get some miles under your belt.
She didn't and hasn't BTW.

Enjoy....this is a nice time of year for motorcycling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to do this. Thing in the missus does not want anymore bikes on the drive (there are three already :laugh:).