What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari Popup Headlights

NickTruman

Hi Guys
The motor went on my 308, the tufnol worm gear stripped itself on the upside and as you probably know, these bits are not available

But good news..

Fiat X1/9 Motors are same.. you have to strip the Fiat connector off, but the wire colours are all identical. The only difference is the spigot that connects to the lift bracket, but even that engages enough to secure nicely with the fiat 8mm nut as opposed to the Ferrari's 6mm nut. It works as a straight swap. cost me £30 as opposed to £lots

This is the same I am told for all Ferrari popups..

I hope this helps!

Great Tip

Look the same as a 355 motor to.

Hi Guys
The motor went on my 308, the tufnol worm gear stripped itself on the upside and as you probably know, these bits are not available

But good news..

Fiat X1/9 Motors are same.. you have to strip the Fiat connector off, but the wire colours are all identical. The only difference is the spigot that connects to the lift bracket, but even that engages enough to secure nicely with the fiat 8mm nut as opposed to the Ferrari's 6mm nut. It works as a straight swap. cost me £30 as opposed to £lots

This is the same I am told for all Ferrari popups..

I hope this helps!

Yes you are right, all Ferrari popups are the same, from 308 to 412, 356 to 355 and everything in between..

However, the Fiat motor has stronger insides by the looks of it. The bolt holes are all identical, I am struggling to find a down side to be honest.

Wrong Thread?

Wouldn't this be better in the Tech section?

As there seem to be a number of "workarounds" (apologies for the American word:grin:) would it be possible to have a dedicated thread in the members section where all of this type of information could be stored?

Moved to Technical Library, as I feel it's a better fit as stated above.

Any problems please say and we can move it back [emoji106]