What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

McLaren 650S Spider vs. 720S: Bad Driver POV

This is from an bit of a different POV on the two: http://karenable.com/2018/06/mclaren-650s-spider-vs-720s-a-bad-drivers-insights/

I am sure a few people will think this a bit insane but he is actually quite a good and careful driver.

Very strange title...

The terms of my insurance mean my son(s) can drive all of my cars which one sometimes does (the other is not remotely interested). The eldest co-drive a Mille Miglia with me in the 599 and is the youngest ever class winner. Before hand he had been on autobahn and mountain pass runs with other racing drivers surrounding him. His experience is up to a level that most supercar owners don’t have. He started in karts as a youngster and has done plenty of track days inc. the Palmer motorsport one which goes from Clio cup all the way up to F3000... he then had a fast road driving introduction of some 500 miles before he was able to explore the upper reaches of performance

Not even sure what this blog is saying tbh...

He’s not a bad driver just inexperienced it seems...

Inexperienced does not equal bad.

Do you have plans to let the luck young man become more experienced on these and your other cars and if so, what type of tuition is available to help achieve it?

I assume in the US it's far easier to insure a young driver on a fast car?

Inexperienced does not equal bad.

Do you have plans to let the luck young man become more experienced on these and your other cars and if so, what type of tuition is available to help achieve it?

I assume in the US it's far easier to insure a young driver on a fast car?

Insurance in the US is much easier to get. All the kids are insured on all the cars.

If we can find the time this summer, plan is to have him spend a few days at an advanced driving school.

Very strange title...

The terms of my insurance mean my son(s) can drive all of my cars which one sometimes does (the other is not remotely interested). The eldest co-drive a Mille Miglia with me in the 599 and is the youngest ever class winner. Before hand he had been on autobahn and mountain pass runs with other racing drivers surrounding him. His experience is up to a level that most supercar owners don’t have. He started in karts as a youngster and has done plenty of track days inc. the Palmer motorsport one which goes from Clio cup all the way up to F3000... he then had a fast road driving introduction of some 500 miles before he was able to explore the upper reaches of performance

Impressive and it sounds like you son has had great experience.

Impressive and it sounds like you son has had great experience.
Sounds like your son is about to have a lot of experience ahead too with your stable of motors....

He's probably eyeing up your McLaren Senna and planning to take his girlfriend out in it as it's being built [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sounds like your son is about to have a lot of experience ahead too with your stable of motors....

He's probably eyeing up your McLaren Senna and planning to take his girlfriend out in it as it's being built [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Funny you should bring that up :shocked: