What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Opinions on this 458 spider please. I know it’s a bit colourful.

Wilpert

Hello all,

Currently driving a fiarano Rosso Cali V8.
Feel like a step up and I’m heavily tempted by 458 spiders.

I’ve seen this and I’m certain some will detest the colour combo. Yes, I do like it and I feel the price, mileage and spec are good. Just considering hard times come resale.

Any opinions welcomed good or bad, also anybody out there know this car?

buy what you like snd enjoy it!

yes its sn interesting interior and will be reflected in how quickly it will sell.

if you are planning on keeping it for only a short time and then selling it, Id suggest this isnt the one. The one at kent high performance has been there some time, and the interior on that is s lot less “red”!

buy what you like snd enjoy it!

yes its sn interesting interior and will be reflected in how quickly it will sell.

if you are planning on keeping it for only a short time and then selling it, Id suggest this isnt the one. The one at kent high performance has been there some time, and the interior on that is s lot less “red”!
Do the carbon seats add any desirability as opposed to the standard ones?

Also, mileage seems pretty good and just 3 former keepers, there do seem to be a lot of white 458s out there and they seems to be around 10% cheaper than the reds, which to me seems madness but I suppose colour is one the most influencing factors when buying a car.

I would put carbon Seats as a major plus point. They are very comfortable and really add to the driving experience as you dont have to worry about sliding about when cornering. In fact I would say they are the most desirable option on a Ferrari.

Agreed re the carbon seats, although I haven’t sat in them😂 but they do look good. The model that I’ve been looking at does tick all of the boxes except I’m unsure about the red, I think my problem is that I spend too much time worrying about the next buyer instead of enjoying what I like myself.
The original ticket price was 233k, so at 140k the price doesn’t look too strong, although I’d be looking for a good deal of course. I’m trading from a Cali, so I know I’ve got to put a large chunk in but I’m hoping the 458s are getting close to the lower point of depreciation.

as above.. is your choice, so if you love it, go for it. If however you are buying it as a cheaper entry, maybe worth waiting???
You havent kept the Cali for long... I suspect if you were looking to get rid of the 458 quickly, you may need to drop the price to get the sale - but yes, carbons are lovely!

If you think this is along term car for you, then just go for it...

as above.. is your choice, so if you love it, go for it. If however you are buying it as a cheaper entry, maybe worth waiting???
You havent kept the Cali for long... I suspect if you were looking to get rid of the 458 quickly, you may need to drop the price to get the sale - but yes, carbons are lovely!

If you think this is along term car for you, then just go for it...
That’s right, I haven’t kept the Cali for long but I can’t find anything that I don’t like about it. For the money, compared to some other cars I’ve owned, it’s a lot of car and still turns heads even though it’s in the realms of Ferrari land, an entry level car.

I’m starting to veer towards your suggestion, maybe keep the Cali for the winter, use it when the sun shines if we get some decent sunny days and see where I’m at come next spring.

Thanks for the input 👍

Dont let me put you off changing - I was just wondering if you chop and change quite frequently, you may take a bit of a hit on resale on that 458... if its mor eof a longer term view, then go for it...

If you are making the change, probably better off buying the new one over the winter period, before the sun reappears!

Dont let me put you off changing - I was just wondering if you chop and change quite frequently, you may take a bit of a hit on resale on that 458... if its mor eof a longer term view, then go for it...

If you are making the change, probably better off buying the new one over the winter period, before the sun reappears!
Ha ha, no the bank balance is helping me to hold off😀but I suppose the values could go either way come spring next year.
Luxury car sales seem to be a bit slow atm and I’m figuring I wouldn’t expect the Cali to drop so much if the prices fall.

I know that one could always make that argument that if you have to think about it then you shouldn’t buy it but I tend to be a bit more wreck-less than that and tell myself, if you can get it then have it, you aren’t here for ever and who doesn’t love a nice car. 😀

I’m even drawn towards going for a lower owner but higher miler car to save costs, if it’s well serviced and looks loved then the few extra miles wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me.