What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Supercar Market Update – January 2023

Interesting read.

I wonder how closely the UK will track the same trends as over there in The States over the next year or two. We normally do but haven't had anything close to the inflation of prices as you've had at what I'd term the 'normal' end of the market. A really nice manual 355 GTS is likely to set you back perhaps a shade over £100k rather than anything approaching $300k. I can see prices trickle down here over the next couple of years but they've got nowhere close to as far to tumble as they have over there.

In 2001 I drove a Z8 (Topaz blue in fact) and a 360 Spider back to back. They were around £10k apart at the time but the BMW dealer was so desperate to get rid of the unloved Z8 they offered their entire margin as a sweetener which would have made the Z8 around £80k, considerably cheaper than the Ferrari.

In the end the wacky Z8 interior didn't do it for me with the strange mix of retro/modern with numerous 3 and 5 series switches and buttons.

I bought the 360.

355 prices are interesting; very tempted to advertise mine in the us, being an ex us car, even with import duties etc there must be some money to be had with the right buyer!

355 prices are interesting; very tempted to advertise mine in the us, being an ex us car, even with import duties etc there must be some money to be had with the right buyer!

I would sell and buy a more modern tipo, run it and enjoy it and then when it becomes the next bedroom poster car you are quids in I think the 360/430 picture will be interesting to watch. Will the next generation for whom these were poster car push those prices up and they become able to realise their dreams.

The F12 and 812 dynamic is getting curious but talking to dealers and some owners an odd thing is happening.

People are dipping their toes into 812 ownership and if they have come from the 599 or F12 a significant number are going back a model.

With its particulate filter and less feral characteristics in the design it seems the 812 is not 'Ferrari' enough for some serial customers.

Comments of "too sanitised" - "lost the rawness" - "Too much a GT not enough V12 howl"

So maybe the F12 and F12 TDF are the high water mark for the N/A Front engined V12.

This has thrown my plans into a pain as I had my plans set on an 812 - I will try to get one for a weekend and decide but it maybe that my 599 becomes my lifer V12

I suspect it will

I would sell and buy a more modern tipo, run it and enjoy it and then when it becomes the next bedroom poster car you are quids in I think the 360/430 picture will be interesting to watch. Will the next generation for whom these were poster car push those prices up and they become able to realise their dreams.

The F12 and 812 dynamic is getting curious but talking to dealers and some owners an odd thing is happening.

People are dipping their toes into 812 ownership and if they have come from the 599 or F12 a significant number are going back a model.

With its particulate filter and less feral characteristics in the design it seems the 812 is not 'Ferrari' enough for some serial customers.

Comments of "too sanitised" - "lost the rawness" - "Too much a GT not enough V12 howl"

So maybe the F12 and F12 TDF are the high water mark for the N/A Front engined V12.

This has thrown my plans into a pain as I had my plans set on an 812 - I will try to get one for a weekend and decide but it maybe that my 599 becomes my lifer V12

I suspect it will

Actually keeping my eye out for a 430 spyder, late model (ceramic brakes) with sports seats (Im too tall for the other seats) preferably blue/crema! Got European trips in the 355 (lhd) to enjoy this summer first so in no rush!

Actually keeping my eye out for a 430 spyder, late model (ceramic brakes) with sports seats (Im too tall for the other seats) preferably blue/crema! Got European trips in the 355 (lhd) to enjoy this summer first so in no rush!

Keep us posted on the trip - if you are heading to Italy 🇮🇹 let me know as we have a place there and i have many Mille Miglia road books so can advise you to the best places to enjoy your car as it was designed to do.

Import duties are only 2.5% if the car is the magic 25 years old. Shipping is around $10k.