What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Turtle Soup*: Aston Martin 1st Half 2022 Results

Interesting as ever.; thank you.

So
1) blaming troubled parts supply. So how have Ferrari managed it and AML not? (as you state)
2) .5 billion worse off then when stroll turned up. how much has stroll taken out of the business personally and or for his F1 team? i suspect strolls interpretation of Success” is different to everybody elses!
3) interesting multimatic is Canadian. rat?
4) exactly what are they spending their money on? other than the special cars, isn't it just a case of turn the handle on the production line when an order comes in?

Interesting as ever.; thank you.

So
1) blaming troubled parts supply. So how have Ferrari managed it and AML not? (as you state)
2) .5 billion worse off then when stroll turned up. how much has stroll taken out of the business personally and or for his F1 team? i suspect strolls interpretation of Success” is different to everybody elses!
3) interesting multimatic is Canadian. rat?
4) exactly what are they spending their money on? other than the special cars, isn't it just a case of turn the handle on the production line when an order comes in?

On #1, Ferrari actually pays its suppliers. Ferrari's payables are 2/3rd of Aston's on 3x the volume.
#2 hard to tell but I am sure its plenty
#3 yes
#4 debt payments

Aston Martin's designs look regressive. No one I know says they want an Aston Martin anymore, they haven't done since the V8 Vantage 05 and DBS 07. Back then the designs looked fresh and exciting.

The current crop of cars have 15 year old design language with some odd details. And in darker colours is difficult to tell the difference between a DBX and a 2012 Porsche Cayenne.

They really need a new design language that will create some excitement again.

Aston Martin's designs look regressive. No one I know says they want an Aston Martin anymore, they haven't done since the V8 Vantage 05 and DBS 07. Back then the designs looked fresh and exciting...
I'll second this. To me at least, the most exciting design was the mid 2000s V8 Vantage. Quite funnily it's also about the most affordable AM to climb into. We pondered over one for a (very) short while until we realised that if we'd be paying Ferrari maintenance prices to keep one, why wouldn't we have a Ferrari instead? The rest is history...

I'll second this. To me at least, the most exciting design was the mid 2000s V8 Vantage. Quite funnily it's also about the most affordable AM to climb into. We pondered over one for a (very) short while until we realised that if we'd be paying Ferrari maintenance prices to keep one, why wouldn't we have a Ferrari instead? The rest is history...

Odd that. I put a deposit on a vantage after a long search for one that had decent colour combo! Seller pulled out and I gave up and bought the 348!

Latest crop are certainly “challenged” in the looks department in my view; and its boarder line insulting to say there are design queues from the dbr1 and 3 to the 22, which just looks…!

followed an all black dbx the other day; looked more like somebody had been given an unlimited gift card for the halfords accessory section; nothing worked visually together!

good luck to them; they need it.

The late 2000s Vantage is indeed a gorgeous thing - but the elephant in the room is the same era, same stylist, Jag XKR, which is also gorgeous but a good bit quicker (than the V8 Vantage anyway). And will undoubtedly cost less to run

The late 2000s Vantage is indeed a gorgeous thing - but the elephant in the room is the same era, same stylist, Jag XKR, which is also gorgeous but a good bit quicker (than the V8 Vantage anyway). And will undoubtedly cost less to run

My wife had a XKR. The number of major components that were replaced under the extended warrantee was very extensive.