What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

ULEZ and Euro 4. Sense at last

birdseye

Won one!! :thumbsup: My 360 is from 2003 and so predates Euro 4. Frustrating since my V5 actually shows an NoX level which meets the Euro 4 standard as well as the other two levels. Unforunately the LAs go on date of manufacture and the appeals system didnt work. I was repeatedly asked for a manufacturers certificate of conformity so thet " the dvla records can be updated". And this depite sending scans of the V5 which showed that the DVLA had the data already. Catch 22. Until now at last :

"Based on the information available on your vehicle's DVLA record, I can confirm that your vehicle is compliant with the minimum emissions standards for Clean Air Zones, and your vehicle is not subject to Clean Air Zone charges.

I have requested for your record to be updated to reflect this.

This will be updated within 2 working days. Please check back on the Vehicle Checker before your next journey into or within the Clean Air Zone.

Please be aware, if you intend to drive into or within the zone before this has been updated, you will still need to pay for the journey. When this has been updated, you can contact the Local Authority for a refund.

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this response then please use our reply form link
"

Somehow I doubt that it will work abroad but it will do in the UK until they start replacing Euro 4 as a requirement by Euro 5 or 6.

The records you need to get altered if you are in the same position are at the DVLA cazsupport@dvla.gov.uk

Last edited:
I've got a slightly different technique for avoiding the Clean Air Zone charges - I avoid city centres. Nothing to do with Clean Air Zone charges, I just prefer to avoid them :)

Good win though :thumbsup:

Good work! I had my 911 exempted from London's ULEZ by submitting the certificate of conformity that showed the NOx emissions were below the level mandated by Euro 4 specs. Of course they haven't updated their database to include any 911 of the same age and model though.

I don't think the Stradale is exempt, despite being Euro 4 compliant and built in 2005. I do have the CoC for it though so I should get it exempted, even though I have no intention of taking it anywhere near London.

The more our vehicles can be on these databases the better as it is becoming a critical part of sales literature now in the UK.

It docent matter if you never intend to drive into London or any of the other cities that are queuing up to introduce these measures you never know where you might find yourself in the future. This is just the start of trying to clear the roads of Ice but they will be reluctant if the numbers prove that these cars are used and need to be accounted for in decision making. If the unwritten non-retrospective application of regs is ever breached we will be screwed and unable to enjoy our hobby.

It docent matter if you never intend to drive into London or any of the other cities that are queuing up to introduce these measures you never know where you might find yourself in the future. This is just the start of trying to clear the roads of Ice but they will be reluctant if the numbers prove that these cars are used and need to be accounted for in decision making. If the unwritten non-retrospective application of regs is ever breached we will be screwed and unable to enjoy our hobby.

A valid point, Mod :thumbsup:

My 308GT4 is a historic vehicle so exempt from ULEZ. However when I took it to the London Concours earlier in the year I checked online and TFL said I was liable to pay. I appealed with a copy of the V5 and fairly quickly (which surprised me) received an email saying their records had been updated and I was indeed exempt. However it is annoying that they cannot get their act together and I wonder if I will have to go through the same with other future ULEZs - not that I intend to take the car into city centres. This was a once off

My 308GT4 is a historic vehicle so exempt from ULEZ. However when I took it to the London Concours earlier in the year I checked online and TFL said I was liable to pay. I appealed with a copy of the V5 and fairly quickly (which surprised me) received an email saying their records had been updated and I was indeed exempt. However it is annoying that they cannot get their act together and I wonder if I will have to go through the same with other future ULEZs - not that I intend to take the car into city centres. This was a once off

It is always the case in a lot of these databases that they are only populated with popular makes and models.