Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 355 Pricing

Name
    Lagerlout

Default 355 Pricing

OK, opening can of worms.. ;)

I'm in the market for a 355, but I'm not sure what is the right price for a <20k, FFSH, low owner GTB.

I know some of you might prefer not to comment, but after dumping 20k on an M3 CSL in 14 months I share your pain.. ;)

Examples for you:

95 355 GTB, RHD, manual, 3 owners, 20k miles, Main dealer, 1yr warranty - ?
    as above but private?

99 355 GTB as above.

The reason why I'm asking is there seems to be massive variation at the dealers and privately I am hearing good early RHD cars should be low 40k but it seems dealers are sticking anywhere from 6-10k on top of these prices.

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

Hi mate, welcome to Fcars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlout
    I'm in the market for a 355, but I'm not sure what is the right price for a <20k, FFSH, low owner GTB.
    Depends on how much you are willing to spend on a good example. There's lots of crap out there should be avoided.

There's a very good one available here.

http://www.zindagi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1146

When I got my 348, I paid a little more than others on the market because it was both rare and in very good condition.

Name
    Ade

yeap, can of worms

buyer beware on going for a sub 20K mile example on a car this age - watch out for clocking and false (or just thrown away) history. IMO not that many 355s only do 1500 a year consistently..... average is more like 3-5K a year based on the people I know.

There has been a lot of 'talking down' of prices recently on here, so expect some low values from some posters. Personally I think its a good time to buy as private sale prices are low as a result of winter.

Soooo many variable to consider, but you should get a good example in the mid 40s for a private sale.

Name
    Mel Dickson

Lagerlout. Did you find a 355, how were the prices?

Name
    Lagerlout

Nah I woke up and bought a real mans Ferrari, a 348.

Where's that Fishing Smily when you need it?

But seriously, I found that really nice ones at dealers you'd be looking at 55k even now. Which to me is bizarre when you can easily pick up a 360 for that sort of money.

In the private market a GTB seems to change hands for as low as 40k. Spiders 45k+.

I saw a couple of 355's at main dealers that were absolute dogs. Verdi had/has a very nice one apparently. Black GTB with black & tan interior CF seats. I would have gone for that one if I hadn't found the GTC. The rarity factor of my particular car swung me to the 348.

Name
    Chris

What was wrong with the 355s at main dealers that were absolute dogs? are you talking condition or history?

thanks

Name
    Lagerlout

Condition. Rust, mould, you name it.

Name
    Ade

Quote Originally Posted by themonster
    What was wrong with the 355s at main dealers that were absolute dogs? are you talking condition or history?
    thanks
    Ive only looked a few 355 in main dealers in my time. What I saw was low mileage examples that claim to have Full Service History and be perfect, but when you actually look at the paperwork the stamps are not there which makes you wonder how well the car was loved.

A ten year old car should have 6+ stamps at least, even if its only done 10K miles.... IMO. but thats just MO.

Name
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Ade
    A ten year old car should have 6+ stamps at least, even if its only done 10K miles.... IMO. but thats just MO.
    WRONG! WRONG!WRONG!

A ten year old Ferrari with "full service history" should have 9 stamps, and be due for a service on it's next birthday, regardless of mileage! Any car that doesn't is simply mis-described!!!

Otherwise it's a car with "SOME service history"!!!

END OF STORY

ferrari-spider Guest

Sorry dint get that Clive, so thats 11 stamps then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast