Thread: We are paying for this bunch of idiots

Name
    DCS

Default We are paying for this bunch of idiots

Another master stroke, by our employees

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/224175/

The idiocy of those hypocrites in charge never fails to surprise me. In one ear we have them complaining that we must reduce our journey times to alleviate congestion and pollution, and then in the other they go and pull a stroke like this.

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

A DfT spokesperson defended the document, saying: “Not every town will use the same techniques as Gloucester”.

really

Name
    jos

On TV earlier this week one of the GLA members confirmed for the first time that traffic light phasing had been changed by Ken in an anti-road-user way as has been suspected by cabbies in particular for a long time but does he care.....

Now as everyone knows speeding up and slowing down and stopping at lights increase pollution but does he care.....

She also suggested bus lanes (which are empty most of the time) are significant contributors to congestion but does he care......

Name
    Dan

They've been doing this in Brighton. The main A23 into the town used to be a nice wide road with a single lane on each side, allowing plenty of room for cars to turn left or right onto side roads without stopping traffic behind them. Now it's got 2 cycle lanes and a bus lane, which isn't quite wide enough for buses. Consequently car traffic speed is now slower than cycle speed.

As for the bus lane, it's effectively a regressive tax on time i.e. it saves time for those who have most to spare (people on buses). Not only that, but it poses a hazard to motorists and cyclists alike because it's not quite wide enough.

...and breathe.

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

This should be in the rant thread....
    40°52'31.17"N............. 29°20'25.48"E

sletti is offline It's basically an old car with a stripe - The Ferrari Challenge Stradale Club Member
    Name
    Stig

Phew, I thought it was another thread about the committee......
    S t i g (as in "a Stig"; not "the Stig")
    Please sponsor me on the Palace to palace bike ride in order to raise money for the Princes Trust.

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Quote Originally Posted by sletti View Post
    Phew, I thought it was another thread about the committee......
    Bloody hell Stigg, just spat coffee, again,....
    40°52'31.17"N............. 29°20'25.48"E