Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The worst PPF Install I have ever seen

SteveP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paintshield View Post
    Yeah I know where Morpeth Is Steve LOL

I have family who live near there (we dont talk about them though their the rich side of the family)

Cheers

Tom
    lol

Name
    Marc Bishop

Initially I believe there was some debate as to where the blame lay for the outcome of the work done!
    Regarding the storage; the car has never been stored. It may be used less over the winter but it's still kept at home and is very accessible.

Name
    Tom Wakeford

Thanks For clarifying that point

Cheers

Tom

Name
    Steve

Is awful a strong enough word for that They should be flogged in public, naked for that.

Name
    Carl Sherratt

As Tom has taken me to task on this past point and never even posted the pics (taken last year) until I joined this forum I will (I never even mentioned I was a VentureShield Installer) in this situation due to the state my hand was in at the time and the obvious reason the pics were posted in the first place, take pics and show the current standard of my work as I feel that is only a fair defence .

I also will show pictures of the front of the car Tom posted pics of (close up) as I left it to demonstrate that the film was OK before I left (bar the cr*p cutting I admitted to) and had quite clearly been tampered with.

I vowed to no longer get involved in the sort of garbage companies cause within the PPF industry but feel I must defend myself sometimes when past mistakes (that were offered to be corrected) are dragged up just to discredit me or the product I use which has been used by Ferrari F1 Team for 2 years (PAID FOR!!!).

I will, just for the sake of my integrity install for FREE a F430 sill kit and allow any pics to be taken to demonstrate the work I am being trashed for. If you have a different model I will gladly install on that model too if you PM first

Carl

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Fancy doing a Hymer 670S?
    4052'31.17"N............. 2920'25.48"E

Name
    Carl Sherratt

A Ferrari Hymer 670s is a very rare beast indeed

but so what - the offer stands - I will install to the front most exposed area of your vehicle and you can go mad and test it yourself.

PM me and I will get this moving

Name
    Juke Reading

Carl, probably the easiest thing to do is post some pictures of your work to prove that this was a 'one off'. I think the issue was that you carried on and finished the work to a standard that was clearly awful. Tom, am I right in saying that reputation is everything in your game? Surely knowing how bad it ws and being unable to correct it you should have got someone else to fix your work?

Anyway I am sure you wish this was all behind you. I think enough said. The main thought I have is not actually around the quality of your work but how you reacted. We all make mistakes. Fact. Tom, I am sure you have made your mistakes in the past but as I customer you just want things to be put right - quick. I waited for Meridien Modena to sort some paintwork for me and the chap I was dealing with didn't return my calls, gave me awful excuses when I did manage to talk to him ('..sorry mate. I have been on holiday. Did no one call you!) After breaking a promise of not calling me back for the umpteenth time (6 weeks of calling) I called one of the sales team who got the service manager to call me and sales paid half the bill. From being furious with them I was again a happy customer.

Name
    Juke Reading

Dave, if you are reading this they kindly cleaned my car for me after the paintwork was done and all the spiderwebs are back!!!! Took me 5 days of polishing to get rid!!

Name
    Tom Wakeford

HI Guys

I dont think I can in truth add anything productive to this thread any further and anything I do say will only provoke a potential debate between myself and Carl which will not be beneficial to the club or its members. I think the photographs here and elsewhere and the comments within the thread be taken on their merits and people draw their own conclusions.

We have subsequently redone the car for the client concerned and he can make his own comments should he choose to.

Cheers

Tom

[EDIT by mods: Thread closed with Tom's agreement]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345