Thread: 599's VERY disappointing to some

Name
    John

Default 599's VERY disappointing to some

In the US, the 6 speed is no longer an available 599 option because the 4" (10cm) clutches burn out...duh!

According to one new 599/F1 owner, the car is so powerful, "I never know where it's going to go!" And this man has three f-cars now, including an F-40 and F-430.
    He compared the 599 to a Porsche Turbo (which, he says, has very predictable under-oversteer).
    In comparison, he says the 599 goes its own way and he never feels like he can push it. He's preparing to sell it on the secondary market, make money on it and forget it.

Another car enthusiast told me today that a local Porsche dealer is getting a variety of F-cars on trade and shipping them to a dealer in the USA. When you think of a 500hp Porsche...it's pretty amazing!

I'm waiting to hear 599 maintenance horror stories, as more cars get delivered, used and abused.

I'm taking my 550 1,000 miles to the US Grand Prix Friday
    http://www.laserradio.com/tuned550.rm
    Last edited by Wyo550; 12-06-2007 at 04:57 AM.

Name
    360trev

Quote Originally Posted by Wyo550 View Post
    In the US, the 6 speed is no longer an available 599 option because the 4" (10cm) clutches burn out...

... because the americans just don't know how to drive a manual gearbox (yes, 'stick shift' as yanks like to call them, Lol!) Runs for cover

Curious how everyone else in Europe is doing just fine?

Name
    David Yu

Er, I don't think a single 599 has been produced yet without the F1 Superfast.

Like the CCM brakes, it's an "option" that if you don't choose it, your car gets an indefinite build date, i.e. you can't.

Name
    360trev

Quote Originally Posted by David_Yu View Post
    Er, I don't think a single 599 has been produced yet without the F1 Superfast.

Like the CCM brakes, it's an "option" that if you don't choose it, your car gets an indefinite build date, i.e. you can't.
    I was just ribbing the US gents Having spent last year living out in LA (Beverly Hills first then Marina Del Rey) I often found myself playing 'Spot the manual sports car' and I almost always lost. BH was great for supercar spotting, particularly Rodeo Drive area. Just about everyone drove an auto of some kind (!), with LA's traffic problems I can understand why, plus most dont even know what understeer or oversteer even is!

I think these 599's stories about having too much power are a little 'hyped' up if truth be told, sure it had a de-tuned Enzo engine but that chassis is very advanced!