Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: current ferrari pricing

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

Question current ferrari pricing

so we know 430 scud base price is 172k ....a fully specced car must be approaching 200k
    although scud will have limited production run, it will cost as much as flagship model, the 599 gtb. Is ferrari trying to intro some exclusivity back into the marque?

steve f is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Banned user
    Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    so we know 430 scud base price is 172k ....a fully specced car must be approaching 200k
    although scud will have limited production run, it will cost as much as flagship model, the 599 gtb. Is ferrari trying to intro some exclusivity back into the marque?
    Personally as long as people keep buying them they will keep putting the price up to many so called speculaters in the market at the moment and the main dealers dont help as they know who they are and still sell them cars

Name
    jos

Boosting margins perhaps or return on investment for the increased technology

I can see the range going 100 (???) / 150 (430) / 200 (599) entry points soon - not too sure where the 612 or alleged Detroit 2008 car will fit in though

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Boosting margins perhaps or return on investment for the increased technology

I can see the range going 100 (???) / 150 (430) / 200 (599) entry points soon - not too sure where the 612 or alleged Detroit 2008 car will fit in though
    ??? = Dino .

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Jos' numbers are about right according to DL's, specced they told me the plan is 115k (Dino), 160k (430 replacement) and 225k (599)

Name
    jos

What I can't figure out is how the 'Detroit car ' (California ?) can justify its chassis unless it comes from something else front-engined - Maserati ? - and how it can be priced to not rob sales from the 430 although the latter is going up-market - it seems to carry the implication of Aston-style 25000 steps in the range

Name
    J Heitmann

@ 172k for base i`d be shocked to think that these were not priced out of the region for almost al of the population.
    Exclusivity has never gone imo, how many people could afford to spend the average of 10 years full wage on a car ?

OK, for some it could be 6 months or less wages but more often than not it would equate too 10+ years.

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

Quote Originally Posted by 360Jay View Post
    @ 172k for base i`d be shocked to think that these were not priced out of the region for almost al of the population.
    Exclusivity has never gone imo, how many people could afford to spend the average of 10 years full wage on a car ?

OK, for some it could be 6 months or less wages but more often than not it would equate too 10+ years.
    you can buy a ferrari for the price of a well specced 3 series - hardly exclusive

Name
    jos

Jay - unless Gordon Brown gets his way there will always be between 50-100 000 people world wide who can afford all the six figure new cars produced each year - its not that many and as long as they can a few years later you (and I and many others here) get their hand-me-downs

Right now world wide there are probably 100 000 footballers alone who are paid (I nearly wrote 'earn' but thats another story) enough to buy these cars each year

rmdferrari is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Banned user
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by tonyh View Post
    you can buy a ferrari for the price of a well specced 3 series - hardly exclusive
    You can buy them for a whole lot less than a well specced 3 Series!!! .... but you're missing the point, numbers has a bearing on exclusitivity not purchase price. GT4 rhd = 547 .. 3 Series = 573,068,746 approx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Right now world wide there are probably 100 000 footballers alone who are paid (I nearly wrote 'earn' but thats another story) enough to buy these cars each year
    Spot on Jos. To a footballist it's a couple of week's wages. If the average salary in the UK is 25k or so Jay is not far off his 10x calculation once you put running costs in.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast