Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 328 Value?

Name
    Geoff

Mark,
    Although the one in Autotrader 'looks' OK I think we both know that getting them up to a standard can cost a fair bit in the short term. Hope he gets the right one!
    Happiness is a full tank and an open road - unless you live in the UK of course......

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by rmdferrari View Post
    Mark. Found the ideal car for your friend.(edit black interior, but still rather nice.... would prefer it over crema anyway)

http://www.rosneathengineering.co.uk/328gtsdream.html

If Phil iat Rosneath is selling it, he'll be confident of it's quality and has most likely worked on it for many years. Give him a buzz.
    "We have decided not to show chassis numbers due to Internet fraud" Boo!!!!! If Phil's there tonight tell him I disapprove. IMHO giving the chassis numbers helps to prevent fraud (which is why they do it in the States in most for sale ads).

Jonathan

Name
    jos

There's always EBay

Ferrari 328 GTS - Exceptional Condition Item number: 330185544177

Iain is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    There's always EBay

Ferrari 328 GTS - Exceptional Condition Item number: 330185544177
    Hmmm no roof spoiler & odo in Km - there must be a story there (I hope!) for it to be that cheap at such low mileage (16K). Also rare (for the UK) tan interior

Aside from the fact that it was exported to Hong Kong.....(very humid there , I wonder whether there is some tin worm lurking....?)

If it was originally a UK car why are clocks now in Km I wonder? Perhaps they were changed when it was exported - in which case what's the real mileage??
    Last edited by Iain; 07-11-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Name
    AL

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Thompson View Post
    When I get my 328 I'll definitely get the mirrors colour coded. It'll be the first thing I do... okay, it'll be the second thing I do after jumping up and down, running around in circles and screaming YES, YES, YES, I'VE GOT A FERRARI!!!
    Thought you were after an 840?
    Last edited by burriana; 07-11-2007 at 03:47 PM.

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Hmmm no roof spoiler & odo in Km - there must be a story there (I hope!) for it to be that cheap at such low mileage (16K). Also rare (for the UK) tan interior

Aside from the fact that it was exported to Hong Kong.....(very humid there , I wonder whether there is some tin worm lurking....?)

If it was originally a UK car why are clocks now in Km I wonder? Perhaps they were changed when it was exported - in which case what's the real mileage??
    Well, the spoiler was an option (although most cars have it), so its absence means nothing.

I do know of the odd car delivered to the UK in another spec (e.g. Hong Kong spec) and then exported out there a bit later on. I don't know whether this car has had a speedo replacement or not and don't have my files to hand to see if I have anything on it.

Jonathan

Name
    Mitch Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by burriana View Post
    Thought you were after an 840?
    I am, to replace my 318is... but I'm building up a second fund which is purely for the realisation of my Ferrari 328 dream I plan to split my driving between the two.

Name
    Darren

I was in the same position (until Saturday when I picked up my 328)
    I also wanted either a good 308QV or a 328 budget 25-30K
    I searched and searched drove many hundered miles and spent a lot of time on the net and phone.
    I soon found that many cars can be ruled out by asking the right questions and save driving a long way.
    I originally wanted cream with red, but after seeing both black and cream interiors found the black looks as good if not better(although not in pictures) and seems to wear much better.
    My car is very original most have been painted (not mine) and its hard to tell what is being covered and may bubble though in a years time.
    30K will buy a good private car 32/33 from a dealer, although I have seen cars at 35K that have been painted and starting to bubble in many places.
    If I had not brought my car I think the one at Rosneath would be my next visit.
    Best of luck finding a good one, I think/hope I have!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12