Thread: 575M F1 tyre advice?

Question 575M F1 tyre advice?

Currently on Pirelli PZero Rosso. What tyres should i change to or should i stay the same?

Name
    Oded

Do you have the 18 or the 19" wheels?

I have the 19" and recently changed from the Rosso to the Corsa System (i.e. directional front and directional asymmetric rear).

The differences are:
    - Better dry grip
    - Harder walls equal faster, sharper and more precise steering
    - Steering feels less assisted and more direct (same reason I believe).
    - Ride is slightly firmer and edgier.
    - Very sensitive to temperature - the Rossos are sensitive as well but I think the Corsa are even more - so you should not try anything that requires grip unless you have got the temp.
    - Wet grip so far appears similar or slightly better with the Corsa.

NOTE My last comment excludes standing water. I have not had the chance to experience standing water since I replaced the tyres but the Corsa are semi slick ergo have to be respected and suspected in this regard. That being said, these are the Corsa System and they do have water clearing groves (as opposed to standard Corsa) so perhaps are not as bad as the standard Corsa.

The 19" wheels and the Corsa are part of the GTC pack so if you are not deterred by the 28,000 cost you will get them anyway.

If you have the standard 18" you need to check on the Pirelli site whether they make Corsa in the correct dimension.

The only other tyres I know of that are compatible with the 575 are Bridgestone - not sure what model exactly. I have discussed tyres with Brian (I think) from Stratstone and his opinion is that the Pirelli, especially the Corsa, are superior.

P.S. regarding HGTC, and subject to what you are looking for, there are cheaper alternatives read my running report for some ideas.

Default Thanks

TQ contiki appreciate very much. My is an 18" so the only choice i have is Pirelli.
    As with the HGTC there can retrofit it according to the dealer, but need to know is it true? Currently having the fiorano pack, so what is the components diff between the 2?

Name
    John

Default My tire experience

When I got my '97 550 in 2004, it came with Bridgestones.
    http://www.laserradio.com/hoback-river-sml.jpg

By 2005 and with 6,000 miles on them, they were shot.

I went to
    http://www.tirerack.com
    And read up on all the choices, choosing Michelin PS2
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....lace=0&index=0

The Michelins are MUCH better on semi-wet surfaces (like a brief cloudburst when you hit the occasional wet patch). The Bridgestones hydroplaned.

On the track, the Michelins are also better. The longitudinal grooves lend stability and the duel-compound formulation really holds a line.
    (see long movie at this page link:
    http://www.laserradio.com/wyo1ppir.html

Name
    Oded

Quote Originally Posted by optrex
    TQ contiki appreciate very much. My is an 18" so the only choice i have is Pirelli.
    As with the HGTC there can retrofit it according to the dealer, but need to know is it true? Currently having the fiorano pack, so what is the components diff between the 2?

The main components in the GTC pack are:

Stiffer springs and antiroll bar/s (might be just the rear which is stiffer not sure). The Fiorano spring are somewhere in between standard and GTC.
    Modified damper control unit
    19 wheels + PZero Corsa
    Ceramic brakes
    Sport Exhaust

Mine already had the 19 wheels and I changes to Corsa as soon as my Rossos wore off (1250 a set fitted) and a Tubi exhaust which is better then the GTC one anyway. I am now selling mine and getting Tubi straight pipes instead my car already sounds awesome but I want more!
    Regarding the brakes the Ceramic brakes superiority is undeniable but I found that sticking Pagid Blue pads and changing to RF fluid was enough for me. I am talking here 680 instead of 12k.
    I got the GTC springs antiroll bar and control unit for 2.5k fitted including geometry alignment. I also lowered the car in the same instance. And had the camber, toe and track tweaked for more aggressive handling.

If you do opt for the GTC springs separately you have to remember that Ferrari are not too keen on supplying these so extreme patience is required took me about 6 months to get them from the time they have been ordered.

Question Thanks. What model is the TUBI?

Making a decision on Tubi which model to go for? i think of changing the back box only. How many model is there?

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

Quote Originally Posted by optrex
    Making a decision on Tubi which model to go for? i think of changing the back box only. How many model is there?
    Probably best to stick up another thread for that question. You'll get more of a response.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Optrex

go for the rear Tubi pipes, sounds great and not too intrusive in the cabin

for tyres I have the Pirelli Rosso Corsa's on my 575 (19") and had them on the 550 (18"), very happy with them