Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Rugby World Cup Thread.

Name
    Ned Schneebly

Default 2012 Rugby World Cup Thread.

England - I never saw the game but by all accounts they were very lucky to win.

Scotland - only watched the highlights but not overly impressed with the display against Romania. They took their try's well though.

Wales - I did watch this one - a really good perfomance against South Africa, they were the better team and desperately unlucky not to win the game.

I'm going to stick my head on the block and go for New Zealand to win the tournament.

2012 ? The thread title should, of course, read 2011 - Typo !
    Last edited by JoyZipper; 12-09-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Typo.

Name
    Mandy

I was up bright and early Saturday to watch as much of the France game as I could before work.

I only managed to see little bits of the England game, but very much enjoyed the Wales game yesterday I felt gutted for them losing by 1 point.
    Avviene un punto nella tua vita quando capisci chi veramente importa, chi non a mai č chi sempre sarā

Name
    Ned Schneebly

Scotland 15 Georgia 6. A solid if uninspiring performance. Job done.

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Argentina are always hard to beat, we did not play well ,granted. But we won.

Wales should have beaten RSA, only themselves to blame for not doing so.

Scotland did a job,as England did.

Winners?..........NZ or RSA.
    40°52'31.17"N............. 29°20'25.48"E

ferrari-nut is offline My pants are filled with custard Club Member
    Name
    Anthony

SOUTH AFRICA will be world champions once again

Name
    Mark Hannaford

After todays debacle it seems to me that the England team never had the right mental attitude to do anything in this tournament. They were more interested in making the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Raucus nights out, demeaning waitresses, I think it's time the management took a long look at this whole World Cup approach and instead of trying to treat the team as adults, they should lock them up until the end of the tournament as they're like a pack of dogs on heat away from home. Little boys behaving badly. Anyway that's just my opinion, rant over.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

They've been piss poor all tournament.

The rugby team used to be worlds apart from the national soccer side. Now they're just the same old thing in a different wrapper.

Poor attitude, clueless on the pitch, too distracted by off field matters. Very, very poor. I was expecting Jonno to bring some badly needed discipline to the team, but judging by the on pitch debacle it's just not happening.

Rooting for Wales now, though maybe the French getting beaten by Tonga was the wake up call they needed to start playing as a team...maybe England would have been better off being beaten once in the group stages....

Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Name
    Ade

Hard game, finals are very rarely classics. The French played there part and were very close to causing another All Black calamity.

Is this the same French team who were so dire against Tonga? Yes, and for that they deserve credit.*

* The surrendering frog eating gits................
    40°52'31.17"N............. 29°20'25.48"E

Name
    Nigel R

As funny as it would have been to see NZ choke again, I would have hated to see the French win it.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by F328GTS View Post
    As funny as it would have been to see NZ choke again, I would have hated to see the French win it.
    Ditto that.

The French were typically....French this tournament. Very erratic.

And the All Blacks were very far from their classic best, but won it. Go figure.

Wales were the team of the tournament for me. But for the very tightest of margins it could all have been so very different for them.

England were ****.

Not sure the tournament overall was a good as previous years. And not sure how much the location contributed to that. NZ's just too far away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast