Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Carcoon - Impression of a new owner

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
    Maybe, the zip start/end is in the far corner of the garage, actually the hardest part to reach. It will be a right pain to open and empty.
    We are getting towards Spring/Summer now so I will re-address this in in October at which point my car may have moved out from it's current location
    Always been told there's no such thing as a stupid question, but this might be one. Why not just turn the carcoon round so the zip's at the other end? Use an extention lead to plug it in, perhaps? Kind of think I'm missing something though.....

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    . . 2 minute job.
    Depends where your garage is, how often you go to it and if your volumetrics apply

Not a garage, but the dehumidifier in my old shack used to fill the tank in a day (think it was a 5l tank, maybe smaller). I used to forget more often than not, though the condensation on the windows was a handy "alarm"!

I ended up drilling a hole through the wall and running a condensate pipe to the other half's veg patch

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Always been told there's no such thing as a stupid question, but this might be one. Why not just turn the carcoon round so the zip's at the other end? Use an extention lead to plug it in, perhaps? Kind of think I'm missing something though.....
    I would say it is a rather obvious one myself . I set it up this way at first and it of course means the zip is the most accessible . However the connection for the charger and fans foul the garage door (the garage is actually too short for my Carcoon). Due to cupboards at the rear of the garage it holds the Carcoon away from the back wall and allows the fans to breathe easily

If it was my garage and not my Dad's I would rearrange stuff but I do not want to push it. I currently (including the daily) have two cars on his drive and the F355 in his garage. With their two cars it is getting a tad crowded.

I'm old and due to my tightness (should have been born in Yorkshire ) I decided to rent off my parents rather than pay someone else's mortgage (actually I'm paying the Ex's mortgage but I will one day get that back).
    Last edited by MalcH; 07-03-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Depends where your garage is, how often you go to it and if your volumetrics apply

Not a garage, but the dehumidifier in my old shack used to fill the tank in a day (think it was a 5l tank, maybe smaller). I used to forget more often than not, though the condensation on the windows was a handy "alarm"!

I ended up drilling a hole through the wall and running a condensate pipe to the other half's veg patch
    Guess that's the advantage of a Carcoon. As it'd an almost sealed environment, once you've got the moisture out, only a very small amount goes in so it takes much longer for your tank to fill.

Name
    Pete

BTW, does anyone have a picture of how they've got it rigged into the roof? Is it just tied or is there a pulley system involved?

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

BTW, does anyone have a picture of how they've got it rigged into the roof? Is it just tied or is there a pulley system involved?
    Here you go.I just tie it to some eyelets in the roof beams
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    Here you go.I just tie it to some eyelets in the roof beams
    Cheers Steve, just wasn't sure if you needed to pull it up more to stop it sagging. My garage is narrower than yours so I won't get it pulling diagonally as much. Will just have to give it a go. BTW in case you didn't see on the other thread, cheers for the replacement fan unit. Getting it in the post in less than 24 hours from saying one of mine wasn't working quite right was a tad impressive. Great service. Other one is on it's way back to Carcoon.

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Cheers Steve, just wasn't sure if you needed to pull it up more to stop it sagging. My garage is narrower than yours so I won't get it pulling diagonally as much. Will just have to give it a go. BTW in case you didn't see on the other thread, cheers for the replacement fan unit. Getting it in the post in less than 24 hours from saying one of mine wasn't working quite right was a tad impressive. Great service. Other one is on it's way back to Carcoon.
    If need be sometimes I undo the rope at the eyelet and pull the Carcoon up a bit further if I need it out of the way.

Glad the fan got there OK.Did you swap it over OK ??

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    If need be sometimes I undo the rope at the eyelet and pull the Carcoon up a bit further if I need it out of the way.

Glad the fan got there OK.Did you swap it over OK ??
    No snags at all. Carcoon sent the whole unit with filters in place to make life easy. Took about 2 minutes to swap over.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234