Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 360 F1 - First year ownership costs

Name
    Sarah

Great thread, with some interesting and helpful information for people like me who are keeping an eye out on the market and waiting to find my dream car
    Good to see the yearly bills are generally not too shocking! Keep the info coming

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by sarahschummi View Post
    Great thread, with some interesting and helpful information for people like me who are keeping an eye out on the market and waiting to find my dream car
    Good to see the yearly bills are generally not too shocking! Keep the info coming
    Thanks Sarah.....

The running costs are very reasonable and if you or someone you know can do some of the work it makes them even better.
    When you're ready, buy from the right place, taking advice from the right people and it should be a good experience.

I have a service late in the year and any advisories from that I tend to get sorted in May with the MOT so I see a couple of bills per year and can plan for that.

Just for completeness I thought I had an issue with the gearbox on my car a couple of months ago (You can get a bit paranoid particularly if you spend any time on FChat.)
    Adam was busy so I took it to Migliore for an opinion and the service from Kevin was first class. There was nothing at all wrong with the car it seems I was just losing some confidence. For me occasionally I get a bit like that and consider selling it, but then a drive quickly removes any negativity

Name
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Thanks Sarah..... if you or someone you know can do some of the work it makes them even better.
    Pigs might fly lol - can do sod all myself

When you're ready, buy from the right place, taking advice from the right people and it should be a good experience.
    I am a bit nervous of the whole buying thing, and dont want to end up buying a dud which will cost me loads.
    I have been searching for a while now and a couple have peaked my interest - especially of late.
    I have used the 'Jos 2015' search function on here to find reviews of dealers, as well as google searches. I am also regularly trawling the usual places looking at the ads including autotrader, pistonheads etc, as well as dealers own websites.
    I have heard great reviews about Tim at Walkersport, so its likely he may get a phone call sometime

Name
    Mike M

Default Year 4...........

Year 4 ownership grand total of 3077 excluding insurance tax and fuel and cleaning stuff.

Annual 2 service 778 inc coolant change.
    CS TCU supply and install 1563
    Seat trim repair 200
    Rear brake discs and pads 245 (self change)
    Fuel pipe 89.47
    MOT 35
    Misc eBay items (sat in spares drawer rapidly appreciating) 81
    Wiper blades 20
    Various other bits, bobs, fluids and a radiator cap make up the rest.

Again pretty consistent and the big ticket items were choices rather than necessity.

Mileage between MOTs....a disgraceful 1828 miles. Must try harder...... Car is now on 38k and 2.5k per year which is exactly what I've done (10k miles).

Clutch wear 2% in the year and not a CEL in sight in 4 years.......

Fuel was 485 out of interest and I average between 17 & 24 depending on use.

Belts due in September and I will have a bit of a customised major carried out........

Name
    CPD

Year 4 ownership grand total of 3077 excluding insurance tax and fuel and cleaning stuff.

Annual 2 service 778 inc coolant change.
    CS TCU supply and install 1563
    Seat trim repair 200
    Rear brake discs and pads 245 (self change)
    Fuel pipe 89.47
    MOT 35
    Misc eBay items (sat in spares drawer rapidly appreciating) 81
    Wiper blades 20
    Various other bits, bobs, fluids and a radiator cap make up the rest.

Again pretty consistent and the big ticket items were choices rather than necessity.

Mileage between MOTs....a disgraceful 1828 miles. Must try harder...... Car is now on 38k and 2.5k per year which is exactly what I've done (10k miles).

Clutch wear 2% in the year and not a CEL in sight in 4 years.......

Fuel was 485 out of interest and I average between 17 & 24 depending on use.

Belts due in September and I will have a bit of a customised major carried out........
    Wow have just done more miles in one week...are you a junior doctor or something?

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Wow have just done more miles in one week...are you a junior doctor or something?
    LOL.....I didn't say that 400 of them were the Wales weekend two weeks before otherwise it might have been 1400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Mike M

Just had a 3 year service again and went for the mileage based major which was pretty much everything down to PS fluid.
    Menu pricing makes it not much cheaper to go annual plus belts.

A big thumbs up to Adam at AE again. No issues whatsoever and very meticulous.

The car needed engine mounts as they had compressed a bit and Martin at Stratstone's advised the challenge car mounts as they are 26 each versus 100 for Modena mounts (60 at ES).

Adam fitted these during the service and what a difference!
    They've tightened everything up in the drivetrain and the gear changes feel much better....[emoji106]

The CH mounts look identical to the Modena mounts so the only difference between them if anything could be the rubber stiffness.
    NVH in the cabin has increased so that may back that up. Well worth the change though particularly in an F1......

Name
    Peter

Hi Mike I've been reading your thread and is great to see your running reports.
    Sounds like you have a solid car. I'm thinking of part exchanging my 93 348ts for a 360 and there's so many to choose from.
    Cheers.

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by PeterDavid911 View Post
    Hi Mike I've been reading your thread and is great to see your running reports.
    Sounds like you have a solid car. I'm thinking of part exchanging my 93 348ts for a 360 and there's so many to choose from.
    Cheers.
    Thanks Peter....

My recommendation for a 360 would always be to speak to Tim at Walkersport. He does inspections and knows many of the cars out there....

Mine has been a great car and a lot of the money I've spent has been attending to weak points and on upgrades rather than issues...

Good luck if you go that route [emoji106]

Name
    Peter

Thanks Mike that's great.
    I've spoken with Tim a few times in the past and a friend of mine just bought a black spider from him.

Will keep you posted.
    Cheers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast