Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293

Thread: F430 New owner diary inc. maintenance & upgrades

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Great work as usual Mark....
    I’d never noticed that crash feature on my car but just looking it’s there....

Did you attend VMax or was it autobahn? [emoji1]

Name
    Mark

Cheers Mike

Testing was on an autobahn, two up and fully laden. I'd like to see what it would really do but I now don't trust the flimsy looking Fiat catch! I'll have to investigate further.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Cheers Mike

Testing was on an autobahn, two up and fully laden. I'd like to see what it would really do but I now don't trust the flimsy looking Fiat catch! I'll have to investigate further.
    -131kg is a seriously good number especially for a soft top that retains all its creature comforts.

I can see that Ferrari struggled to get 80kg out of the standard car for the 16M and recently only 90kg out of the Pista yet journo’s called it a ‘whopping’ 90kg so they were impressed.

Your thread has been brilliant to de-mystify a lot of the Ferrari ‘secret sauce’ and I think you have ended up with a better car personally.

Do you think you will be able to leave alone now and enjoy the driving?

Name
    Mark

Thanks Chris. I have some suspension tuning to do but the big jobs are out of the way now, or at least I thought so - my engine man just emailed to say that he's picked up a good donor engine for £1k and is ready to run some simulations for me. This would make an engine build very convenient

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Thanks Chris. I have some suspension tuning to do but the big jobs are out of the way now, or at least I thought so - my engine man just emailed to say that he's picked up a good donor engine for £1k and is ready to run some simulations for me. This would make an engine build very convenient
    You are beyond help my friend...
    Anyway I thought the tale of the tape so far reads as follows

Ferrari Factory 16M vs. Stock Spider -80kg + 20bhp. (503bhp)

MW Stewart _ You did -131kg and + 83bhp Over stock (563bhp)

Ferrari Factory F430 to Scuderia - 90kg + 20bhp (503bhp)

Modificato did -90kg and + 71bhp (551bhp)

Two very rewarding results and still carpeted cars with all Ferrari parts (almost)

Golfather is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    Kash

@Modificato @MWStewart

Gents! Your efforts and passionate labor of love has been amazing to read and see. I've never seen a thread like it in over 28 years moving around automotive circles, and such dedication and meticulous attention to detail is inspiring, and in most cases jaw-dropping

My search for an F430 has just begun but the amount "learned" this past week reading your posts prepares me to get into this with my eyes wide open on what to look for and what to expect, but mostly how to enjoy it! The overriding feeling having read each post (bearing in mind this will be my first Ferrari) is that these machines are built to be driven and enjoyed, but like any performance car, must be kept in tip-top shape for the experience to be fruitful. Love what you guys have done and the execution in totality has been exceptional, so well done, and thanks very much for sharing each and every step of your journey so far.

Bravo!

RichardCH is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Richard Mark Dodds

outstanding but for those of you with a GT3 RS too, you will know Mark has a long lost cousin called Robert

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...reduction.html
    Last edited by RichardCH; 23-07-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Golfather View Post
    @Modificato @MWStewart

Gents! Your efforts and passionate labor of love has been amazing to read and see. I've never seen a thread like it in over 28 years moving around automotive circles, and such dedication and meticulous attention to detail is inspiring, and in most cases jaw-dropping

My search for an F430 has just begun but the amount "learned" this past week reading your posts prepares me to get into this with my eyes wide open on what to look for and what to expect, but mostly how to enjoy it! The overriding feeling having read each post (bearing in mind this will be my first Ferrari) is that these machines are built to be driven and enjoyed, but like any performance car, must be kept in tip-top shape for the experience to be fruitful. Love what you guys have done and the execution in totality has been exceptional, so well done, and thanks very much for sharing each and every step of your journey so far.

Bravo!
    I'm glad that the thread was useful for you. These cars are to be driven to be enjoyed. Fundamentally they are solid and as you have discerned its really just a case of keeping on top of the niggles.

Good luck with your search. I miss mine at the moment having been 'trapped' (I use the term loosely) for the past five months on an island in the South China Sea, but I should be back in Aug and I have more planned for the car.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCH View Post
    outstanding but for those of you with a GT3 RS too, you will know Mark has a long lost cousin called Robert

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...reduction.html
    Thanks Richard, I just read the entire thread. Outstanding. Carbon fibre cam covers and inlet manifold runners are on my list.

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4383919293