Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Running costs?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hampshire
    Name
    Warren OConnell
    Posts
    764

    Default Running costs?

    A member on pistonheads posted a few days back that the running costs for a year of owning his brand new murcielago is £30,000. This included £8,000 of petrol, his insurance, new tyres, new cluth etc etc. I never expected it to cost so much just for a year.

    I either need to be brought down to earth and made to realise that i will never own my dream ferrari or you guys need to enlighten me and inform me that this is an incredible figure to be forking out each year?

    So come on guys, keep the dream alive!

    Woza.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    London
    Name
    Tom
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    As I recall, that was lambosimon, as he is here. His Murciélago is hardly your average, 'out once a week if it's sunny', example.

    I'm sure he put in his post on PH that he'd done over 26,000 miles in that time...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Name
    Ross
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woza
    A member on pistonheads posted a few days back that the running costs for a year of owning his brand new murcielago is £30,000. This included £8,000 of petrol, his insurance, new tyres, new cluth etc etc. I never expected it to cost so much just for a year.

    I either need to be brought down to earth and made to realise that i will never own my dream ferrari or you guys need to enlighten me and inform me that this is an incredible figure to be forking out each year?

    So come on guys, keep the dream alive!

    Woza.
    Woza,
    have a look at peoples 'running reports' on this site to get a more sensible understanding

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Ade
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    I reckon the 360 is going to be a relatively cheap supercar to purchase and run once it gets to 'classic' status at 10ish years old. Cheap cambelt change, an all-round solid long term reliable car (it seems - at the moment at least!). So there is hope !!

    The Murcielago is in a different league anyway, which ever way you look at it. Parts and labour are crazy expensive, unless you have special deals/ connections or source stuff yourself

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sarf East
    Name
    Rob
    Posts
    723

    Default

    dude, some costs for my 355 are :

    Yearly service £900 (nothing major, praise the lord)
    insurance £1000

    fuel and consumables are subjective, but I only do approx 1500 - 2000 miles per year.

    And, I've not taking depreciation into account, although 355 prices seem on the up at the moment. . .

    R

  6. #6
    Fraccie's Avatar
    Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dilligaf
    Name
    Ade
    Posts
    25,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tom
    As I recall, that was lambosimon, as he is here. His Murciélago is hardly your average, 'out once a week if it's sunny', example.

    I'm sure he put in his post on PH that he'd done over 26,000 miles in that time...
    Does he not also hire it out for corporate track days etc etc............?
    40°52'31.17"N............. 29°20'25.48"E

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hampshire
    Name
    Warren OConnell
    Posts
    764

    Default

    cheers guys, youve put it in a much better perspective, was getting worried! still gotta keep saving the pennies!

  8. #8
    stimo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Banned user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    a
    Name
    a
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fractiousgit
    Does he not also hire it out for corporate track days etc etc............?
    he does hot laps at Bruntingthorpe. People pay for laps driving the car under his supervision or they get him to give them a 'hot' lap. Think he does it once a month and believe he covers most of his monthy costs by doing this.

    I did it once in my 360, was a nice little earner and but for time constraints at the weekend, would have done it more often.

    I have a friend who works in advertising who hires his house (nice) and car Merci out for ad shoots, music videos etc etc and makes a serious £££ per year in doing so.
    Last edited by stimo; 16-05-2006 at 11:56 AM.

  9. #9
    Fraccie's Avatar
    Fraccie is offline Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dilligaf
    Name
    Ade
    Posts
    25,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stimo

    I have a friend who works in advertising who hires his house (nice) and car Merci out for ad shoots, music videos etc etc and makes a serious £££ per year in doing so.
    I thought about doing that............not much call for back to back houses in ad campaigns though..................:smile:
    40°52'31.17"N............. 29°20'25.48"E

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Surrey
    Name
    Douglas
    Posts
    5,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stimo
    I have a friend who works in advertising who hires his house (nice) and car Merci out for ad shoots, music videos etc etc and makes a serious £££ per year in doing so.
    Come on,get on the case, they must need a black and a yellow Spyder for a video shoot

    By the way I'm not having much luck with that thing I suggested the other day, but will keep trying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •