Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paying Italian speeding tickets ?

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by 456gtman View Post
    I got stopped by the Italian police some years ago in the 456, and was stopped because I WAS sticking to the speed limit. After a chat and them looking around the car, sitting in it, starting it back up again etc etc, couple of photos and I was then advised "Avanti", you are in a Ferrari, drive like the wind. As this was "official advise" I duly complied and took off. Not like here, where I get stopped and inevitably I get the "bit loud isn't it sir?"
    Hey ho, all adds to another experience in life, but made the drive through Tuscany a bit more pleasurable at the time
    Great story.....

Thatís the difference between a man and machine.....

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by 456gtman View Post
    I got stopped by the Italian police some years ago in the 456, and was stopped because I WAS sticking to the speed limit. After a chat and them looking around the car, sitting in it, starting it back up again etc etc, couple of photos and I was then advised "Avanti", you are in a Ferrari, drive like the wind. As this was "official advise" I duly complied and took off. Not like here, where I get stopped and inevitably I get the "bit loud isn't it sir?"
    Hey ho, all adds to another experience in life, but made the drive through Tuscany a bit more pleasurable at the time
    I wonder, if you were flashed by a camera while driving a Ferrari in Italy, would the clerk sending out the fines drop yours in the bin?

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    For the cost of them it isn't worth the hassle of not paying and guessing where that might lead....Simple really, you were caught so pay the fine. We'd be up in arms if people were ignoring fines here (and I'm sure they do)…..
    Like I said to be turned around at Oz immigration for a £100 speeding fine and barred from re-entry for two years, followed by no doubt what will need an embassy visit to get a full visa just isn't worth it. He definitely agrees...….

I've just paid £300 in tolls to get to Italy and back. A 100 euro fine is lost in the noise
    +1
    Money is quickly forgotten, it's the points that get us here at home. I got caught buy a mountie in Canada and received a ticket. I could easily of ignored it but it's a county I love and want to go back to, so I paid without question once back home. Similar to Mike's comment, a hundred quid isn't worth spending a day being pee'd off about alongside a £3k holiday.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    I wonder, if you were flashed by a camera while driving a Ferrari in Italy, would the clerk sending out the fines drop yours in the bin?
    They didn't for me

Name
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    I doubt that would be the case. My encounter was some years ago, and to be fair, on a reasonably quiet stretch of road. I don't think they would have been so accommodating if it had been the A1 through Tuscany or similar, where its a lot busier, though they probably wouldn't have stopped me in the 1st place if I had been on there, so mute point either way . Trouble with cameras now is pretty much no leeway wherever you are, its all about money... fq all to do with road safety

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    They didn't for me
    From this July?

Captain steady hasnít seen any yet [emoji23]

Name
    Mark Wibberley

Mine took a year to come through...

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    From this July?

Captain steady hasnít seen any yet [emoji23]

No, was probably 15 years ago Mike in the Mont Blanc tunnel, fine came 10 Months later

ronrob is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Ronald Brown

I will get hammered for this, but don't these replies show just how much a substantial part of those people living in the UK never felt part of Europe? Going "abroad" where things are not like back home. IMO it's another demonstration of a lowering of values in my preferred country (the UK). The "Brits" used to be known for their fairness. Surely, if a Brit (or any nationality) breaks the law in the country that they have chosen to visit, they should abide by the laws or, if not, be ready to pay the consequences. I admit that I am not in the throes of youth, but to read on this forum that some Ferrari owners are not ready to pay a fine for a "discretion" that they do not dispute, is abhorrent.

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Ronald,
    I think you have misread the intent of the replies. (Taking a big liberty and speaking for others!)

Off course we should abide by the laws of other countries as we would expect those visiting ours to abide by ours. I think everybody would agree to that?

That said, speeding tickets are the exception to that along with parking ďfinesĒ. If we could find a means of not paying we will, regardless of the country we are in; and in particular in our own country. They are by in large viewed as a cash cow, have about nothing to do with improving road safety to which they are claimed to do and thus are viewed with disdain.

Hence the conversation on this thread.

Iím sure others will roast me as well if Iím speaking out of turn; one of the ďbenefitsĒ of the great people on this site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast