Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilesí 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, good to know
    There is a mid eighties Honda VFR engine running at Castrol in the UK with >500,000 miles on it and apart from oil changes is still well within its various components service limits - even given the fact that Honda is an amazing engine company a mid-nineties Ferrari engine will easily do that if in regular use and kept well.

Just exercise them regularly and thoroughly and service as per the mileage schedule.

If not using regularly then go to annual servicing.

I aim to put a few hundred thousand on mine before they bury me...

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    There is a mid eighties Honda VFR engine running at Castrol in the UK with >500,000 miles on it and apart from oil changes is still well within its various components service limits - even given the fact that Honda is an amazing engine company a mid-nineties Ferrari engine will easily do that if in regular use and kept well.

Just exercise them regularly and thoroughly and service as per the mileage schedule.

If not using regularly then go to annual servicing.

I aim to put a few hundred thousand on mine before they bury me...
    Agreed. I only managed 1,500 miles on mine this year, the lowest in my ownership; and also the first year I didn't bother getting it serviced - due to both the low mileage, and not really fancying sitting on a train for 2.5 hours with a mask on to get home.

Cambelts next year for me, and a resolve to use it at every opportunity. I've decided if I don't seriously surpass that mileage in 2021 it's getting sold, no point keeping it otherwise

giles is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Hi Folks,
    On the 11th Dec 2020 will be my 2nd anniversary of ownership of my 360, so I thought I would share my second year of ownership experiences and running costs.
    I did a summary of my first year of ownership but that was lost when all the photos disappeared so I’ll add the image of my first years running costs too.

Current Odometer reading: 162,564
    Miles covered: 10,000 (not bad for 2020!)
    Breakdowns: 0
    Running costs: £3,847

Longest trip was to the south of France, Montauban / Cahors region.

First an image of my running costs through 2019 (not including the parts bought totalling about £1k) my first year of ownership (previously lost in my scrapbook):
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d87ce340b5.jpg

This years total running costs (including parts) through 2020, my second year of ownership:

So as I thought, my second year of ownership is significantly lower than my first year where I was resolving all the initial issues. Obviously there have still been things to keep me busy but I’m pretty happy with things as they stand. My only annoyance is the failure of the right hand AC condenser fan which I had replaced in Dec 2018, let’s hope this one lasts more than one and a half year’s worth of service!

Overall, I feel pretty chuffed with how it has behaved throughout the year and how good it cleans up and presents, a coat of Collinite 476S wax has really brought it up to a fantastic shine, highly recommend this stuff, easy to use and lasts ages!
    I also treated it to a pair of mats from More Than Polish they look fab, great quality and with the 360 logo along the side (I should add that £120 to my costs sheet!).
    Looking forward to another year of manual Ferrari driving through 2021!
    Cheers, Giles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by giles; 09-12-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Trying to add embedded images

Name
    Giles

Images of my computer screen doesnít come out so well, Iíll investigate another way of sharing the info [emoji106]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9799af94ad.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f5e6ec4ed3.jpg

A348W is offline I mince along like a girl Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

I think you've done well there Giles!

Bit disappointed you paid somebody to change your brake pads though But why the change from Migliori to Stradale?

Name
    Giles

Yes, the discs and pads were part of a bigger job with many other things being resolved at the same visit.
    Many reasons for the change, not least because Sam at Stradale is open on a Sat morning meaning I can drive up early walk round Uttoxiter while the car is being sorted and drive home again without asking my wife to follow me over and bring me back. Iíve got a few cars so avoiding that as much as possible is very helpful to my well-being
    Also have to say I have been mighty impressed with Stradale Italia, highly recommended.

Can someone private message me and tell me again how to upload images so they appear as photos rather than links? Iíve done it before but for some reason canít work it out now. Iím sure itís user error but it would be great to see photos otherwise the scrapbook becomes a bit dry.
    Cheers, Giles

Name
    Giles

Name:  IMG_0562.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  21.2 KB
    Thinking about getting these titanium lug bolts from China. Iíve reviewed the spec sheet that looks fully legit. I know one person using them, does anyone else have any experience with them?
    Reason is to stop unsightly wheel bolt corrosion (plus a kilo save! [emoji1787]).
    Cheers, Giles

Name
    Giles

Name:  IMG_0779.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  88.4 KB

Five Star, as a band, not so great, as a wheel, fantastic!

Name
    Giles

Looks like embedded photos are possible again, so here are my 1st and 2nd year ownership costs again.....
    1st Year:
    Name:  IMG_0696.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0797.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  90.6 KB

And my 2nd year:
    Name:  IMG_0697.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  35.4 KB

Name
    Steve R

Makes for interesting reading Giles. Also remarkable that you managed 10000 miles in this strangest of years!

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast